It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The SUSPENSION of illicit drugs/mind altering substance topics on ATS (The experiment failed)

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We need to lower the list regardless. I am going to step down. I think there are better people for the job, and this is going to effect a lot of people. Though i am still going to be throwing suggestions out there, benevolent, you know what to do.

Is there anyone else who want to step down from the list?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

cool

I think Skeptic is working on a summary now mate

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I'll make a summary of the Admin position and the member position and create a new thread if that will help people out.

I just don't want all of us trying to do this at once and have yet more confusion happen.

Does that sound good to most??

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

Thank you so very much for expressing so eloquently what I have been struggling to do so.

link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Go for it man.... we need a bit of clarity methinks

link   

Sounds good

Get to it

link   

Maybe do it separate and put it together with the voting thread? Everything should be in the same place.

link   

Originally posted by Niall197
And it's totally unfair to those ATS members who for whatever reason haven't had a chance to log on, especially considering the time differences.

This has been realized.
I am not doing anything more until the mods or admins check in and give some direction. They are discussing this, too, I'm sure. I'll talk to y'all tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Could you please publish a list of things WE AR NOT PERMITTED TO TALK ABOUT on your home page...so that I know...every day you are adding more to that list, it is hard to track...

Or even better...since the list of appropriate things is shorter, could you please publish that one instead. That way, we know what we CAN talk about. Also, please publsih the list of words I can use...and how not to say anything bad about anyone.

Also, if you could tell me how I can check my posts from last 10 years and make sure that I did not say anything that is not acceptable...

Also...oh forget it. I might just not post anything. It is too complicated.

link   

Cheers, I appreciate it.

link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

I'll make a summary of the Admin position and the member position and create a new thread if that will help people out.

I just don't want all of us trying to do this at once and have yet more confusion happen.

Does that sound good to most??

That sounds great.

I'm all for getting this ball rolling ASAP. Anything that can help us come to some conclusion on the issue that satisfies all - or most - members of ATS.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niall197
Respectfully suggest nominations by [date], voting by [date]. Nominations to be more than "Me" or "see my post on page 26, post 4" ... but to include, I dunno, 250 words as to why you want a committee position, what hopes you have for it, what special skills you'll bring to it etc etc.

I agree with this being ridiculous, disagree with your reasoning.

The no tolerance ban is not resonating with the spirit of this forum or its creed. People who are interested in being on the committee should only be interested because they want this War on Drugs forum!

Not to get some special button on your avatar or something.

There isn't much going into this committee membership but becoming a vehicle to deliver the opinions of what ATS members want. There's way too many people competing for a position, when we're all on the same side here. I think we should just draw straws and remain collaborating on ideas despite who wins. The designated 5 will present and discuss to the admins but can we please find a way to not make this a contest?

link   
Yeah im stepping away from this thread now,and waiting for a Summary and Voting thread.

link   
Don't make a new thread, Skeptic. See if you can combine it with BH's, please.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Don't make a new thread, Skeptic. See if you can combine it with BH's, please.

I'm not sure if you're aware or not of the fact that BH's thread was closed.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Asking again- any other nominees who cannot be on everyday, or who wish to step down?

I'm not just because I proposed the separate board idea and some other stuff that I have a handle on...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

To avoid the popularity contest, I really do think that each nominee should offically accept or decline the offer and provide reasons why they would be best for the comittee.. (I don't know if you caught my reply to you on the last page Skeppy).

- Carrot

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I am aware but if she has it all written out and contacts a staff member it can be incorporated there and temporarily reopened to do so.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reddupo
There's way too many people competing for a position, when we're all on the same side here. I think we should just draw straws and remain collaborating on ideas despite who wins.

This sounds good. I'm going to withdraw my name from the nomination. I want to be involved in the forum, but it's really not important to me to be on the committee.

Thanks for the nominations, though!

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Asking again- any other nominees who cannot be on everyday, or who wish to step down?

I'm not just because I proposed the separate board idea and some other stuff that I have a handle on...

Why, gee, thanks. I'm sure this thread would have been all over the place without your guidance. Thanks again.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join