It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can 'UTOPIA' really exist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I woke up at 11 o'clock at night actually and you know what the first thing i thought about was......Utopia.

For those of you that don't already know, Utopia is basically a world with no evil in it what so ever, it is a world where there are no dark emotions anywhere, but is it too much of a stretch...

....Can Utopia really exist

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Technically no, it's impossible to achieve a world where everybody would be kind and generous. Human nature is conflict, and we demonstrate that everyday, even in countries that are free like the US and Canada, although it is simply an illusion of freedom.

Besides, in a Utopia, there would be no reason or need to advance in anything as there would not be a conflict to breed creativity. We would end up destroying ourselves through laziness and lack of technological and spiritual evolution.

The world can only advance through the debating and exchange of different ideas, in a Utopian society there would be no need for such things as people would have no reason to believe anything else than what is already in place.

It's a great idea on paper, like communism, but we all know how that turned out.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by newcommer92

I would tend to think it could exist on an individual basis.

It could be possible for someone to think everything was perfect... provided they became a hermit and dropped out of society.

However, one man's utopia is another man's hell.... Therefore, it can not exist for entire societies.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

I totally agree with your post, individually is the best way, one by one. But just a crazy thought here, just a beginning to a new way of thinking, why not announce that one day a week would be a "Good Day".

A day where everyone no matter their circumstances would go out of their way to work things out with their neighbor, to smile and hope it spreads to others? There's good in everyone if you just really look for it imho.

Like I said just a thought and if I could I would choose Monday.

STM

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have a theory about this, that is going to probably----(?) make me sound kookoo as a loon, but here it goes. If sexual (hornyness [this word okay, ATS?] ) were to become NON-existent, especially----in human and animal males; and erased from everyones memory of what it's like, I just keep feeling convinced, that, this world would simmer wayyyyyy down, in terms of violence, predation, oppressive domination, be it political, racial, punishments, sadism, obsessions and stalking, pedophelia and domestic situations, and you could go on and on with examples. I mean if you deeply think about this, without a kneejerk reaction to the idea, it makes sense. .. (?)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

lol if you're worried about the words... use "Sex drive" lol its pretty neutral...

Hrm, I don't think the world's problems are the result of sex drive... (Testosterone and Estrogen might be bigger culprits to many of the problems, but that's beyond the point).

I think the problem is every person on earth having to repress their evolutionary survival instincts to fit into society.

Not that I want this to stop happening by any means... but Greed, aggression etc etc are all by products of our evolutionary history... at some point in time, those traits actually helped us survive in the wild...

But now that we're much more advanced, we don't really need them anymore, and they're more a detriment...

None of our evolutionary ancestors have ever had the power to wipe out millions with the push of a button...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by simonecharisse

in response to simonecharisse, if you took away all the lack of a better word 'Sex' then i dont really think that the new Utopia would matter as everything would die out in the world anyway given a few hundred years, apart from plants, i think, biology isnt my strong suit.

But in any case Utopia i think is based on Emotions, evil emotions, but the thing is, each emotion has an opposite emotion, love - hate, happy - unhappy, anyway i believe that the world cannot live without opposites, in this world, everything has an opposite and i trully believe that. i believe that if you take away the hate and evil in this world then you are taking away the love and good in this world and that is why in my opinion Utopia cannot exist.

Also Utopia is based around , the fact that there is no evil, but what about the death of people to keep Utopia at its maximum, Isnt death still evil

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Here's a link that fits the op:

www.youtube.com...

I do believe it is possible one step at a time.

And BTW is there anyone out there with solutions?

STM

Edit to add this bit on the video: I'll always love God and Christ, those are my personal beliefs. And I expect other people will still have theirs which is fine, that's their decision. I'm just hoping that they allow the world to improve and each live with their own beliefs and allow others to do the same.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by seentoomuch]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What great timing to ask this question, our minds must have been connected.

The Venus Project

I say: YES WE CAN CREATE THIS.

And maybe now is the time to pave the way to enable the future

[edit on 21-2-2009 by MoonMine]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
solutions to what, a utopia, i dont think there are any, maybe there can be a utopia for an individual said by one of the earlier comments but as a community, a world, i dont think it is possible

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
and btw that is a good link, i have heard the song countless times but i never actaully listened to the words, not properly anyway.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Technically no, it's impossible to achieve a world where everybody would be kind and generous. Human nature is conflict

I simply refuse to believe that.

This is again what we have been told since birth, spoonfed.

We can be whatever we choose to be, free, kind & connected.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch
And BTW is there anyone out there with solutions?

Yep, read my posts...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
I think the problem is every person on earth having to repress their evolutionary survival instincts to fit into society.

You have won a star with that post.

Care to go for double or nothing?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

Great Post! Thanks for the link! And just for the record I'm closing next week on a house in a small subdivision out in the country that could easily be converted to some of the ideas on the video. Also my sons are heavily involved in permaculture gardening as well as my grandson (3 years old) who helps them every step of the way. We all will live in the same subdivision and help each other. I plan on going solar (hey, I'm in Texas, lots of sun) and the city has lots of rainbarrels for a beginning.

Anyhow, I could go on and on about the pros of the venus plan; I consider it a big step.

Thanks again for sharing,

STM

To the OP:

John Lennon was visionary wasn't he. Great thread, thanks for starting it. I would ask if you would consider adding to the thread title something about solutions wanted?

Again, great thread
S & F for you,

STM

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
What kind of forum is this? A conspiracy forum.
Conspiracies will always exist. And, as long as conspiracies always exist, there will not be a utopia.
Besides, no matter how good the world is, someone will always feel slighted.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

You have won a star with that post.

Care to go for double or nothing?

hehe whats the double or nothing? LOL

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

hehe whats the double or nothing? LOL

Wrong answer!

*BUZZ* (hatch opens and nj2day disappears from sight)

Check the Sixties post for more insight..

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
What kind of forum is this? A conspiracy forum.
Conspiracies will always exist. And, as long as conspiracies always exist, there will not be a utopia.
Besides, no matter how good the world is, someone will always feel slighted.

i agree with this statement as the world could be healed, but i believe the world will always have abit of conflict, thus leading to Utopia being destroyed.

I think that the world cannot be healed to its maximum.

I also want to thank everyone for posting replys on this and also leaving videos and links

posted on Feb, 22 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
In a world without ignorance.

But we have children... they grow and in the process make mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join