It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More balls of fire seen in skies over Britain

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
These balls of fire seem to be cropping up all over the world, below are more links to stories linking to this...

www.farsleytoday.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.whitehaven-news.co.uk...

www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk...

And one from China.... www.--.com...

What the hell are these things? they are cropping up all over the world!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
although im not saying what these are as i really dont know, i will mention that firebox a popular gadget site in the uk that I and many people i know buy from has sky lanterns in there top 20 sold items. I have a few mates who have bought them just to wind people up.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
You made me wonder how many fireballs have been reported in the US lately. When searching I found the following site that keeps yearly tables on fireball reports. I honestly didn't know that they were this common.

Fireball Monitoring Program

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
the answers are coming they gonna have to tell us soon surely, but then theres the gordon brown factor.

which part of the uk are you from?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Turbohale

Chapter I: Origin

Now Earth shall have other visitors
from the solar system and beyond.
And it shall come to pass that a pebble of debris in outer space shall pass the orbit of the Earth and pierce its atmosphere. And friction with Earth's air shall make it grow quite hot and glow. And it shall streak across the dark night sky as a streak of light. And this shall be a meteor. It shall be like unto a shooting star.
The Bible According to Einstein's book of Meteors
www.jupiterscientific.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Why is everyone getting all excited about these "fireballs" when you know damn well it's just the debris from those satellites that collided.

If these "fireballs" really are something extraterrestrial or something then I think we will find out soon enough. The governments probably can't cover up every single one, and there have been a lot of these things now.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Why is everyone getting all excited about these "fireballs" when you know damn well it's just the debris from those satellites that collided.

If these "fireballs" really are something extraterrestrial or something then I think we will find out soon enough. The governments probably can't cover up every single one, and there have been a lot of these things now.

Many experts are saying it is not.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Sure they are.

I'll take your word for it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sure they are.

Here's a link to an article noting a couple of agencies that say that the "fireballs" are not linked to the satellite collision.

Texas fireball not satellite debris

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lel1111

Sure they are.

Here's a link to an article noting a couple of agencies that say that the "fireballs" are not linked to the satellite collision.

Texas fireball not satellite debris

Ok, so that is specifically about the Texas fireball. Maybe an actual meteor crashed to Earth over Texas while satellite debris is also falling in other areas.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Sure they are.

Actaully according to the FAA and local astronomers they suspect its a meteor. Atleast the one over Texas was.

www.chron.com...
www.wfaa.com...

So according the the experts It was NOT space debris from the satellites as you said but all evidence(for the texas one) supports a meteor.

So in a way you are both right AND wrong. I will say right now that it was not a ufo. It was something that burned up in the atmosphere after 3 or 4 seconds.

They even supsect the meteor was the size of a pickup truck!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lel1111

It seems they found some debris that contradicts the idea that it wasn't a satellite... even though all day they claimed there was NO debris, they found a long shaft in the middle of an open field.

If you check your MSNBC link again and watch the video, it will show it.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm curious as to how many of our satellites may be at risk of tumbling around and out of orbit due to increases of these other foreign objects or meteors. This could be a huge mess.

It's also crossed my mind that Iran's new satellite might also be responsible as if by hacking or knocking these out in some way. It's doubtful since it's supposedly very small and weighs around 60 lbs?

With increases in these meteor showers, why haven't we had similar problems in the past?

[edit on 16-2-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You're right. That is rather contradictory. So, IF that long white thing they keep showing in the video is debris from the collision, wouldn't it be scorched from the heat upon entering our atmosphere? It looked pretty white in color. Also, it seems if that object came hurtling from the atmosphere there would be some sort of disturbance in the dirt around the object - it "looks" like, from what I can see, that it was just lain there - not crashed. But who knows for sure?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Apparently the official story goes:

We have this debris...
It's not from the satellites...
We don't know what it is...
Or where it came from...
Don't touch it.

lol.. sounds like War of the Worlds now

It sure did look white... unless posibly whatever material it was made from leaves white ash/scorching?

I don't see how anything that enters the atmosphere AND is seem as a detonating fireball could possibly hit the ground untouched, and not leave a crater. Besides, would the wind resistance cause a shaft like that to come in like a javelin, and pierce the ground? Or at least shatter into pieces upon impact?

We've all seem the amount of wreckage from an airplane crashing.. I would guess that something from space would be travelling MUCH faster due to acceleration of gravity, and the impact would be several magnitudes worse than that of an aircraft crash.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My thoughts have been shifting to the notion that these fireballs are Meteors (although not overly convinced at his moment), I am concerned why we are witnessing such an increase in significant sightings. Some of the recent sightings have been massive such as the fireball that streaked over Canada lighting up the sky or the recent event in Russia where 400sqkm of sky lit up, and numerous others. Are these a prelude to a significant meteor strike?, is something disturbing the asteroid belt?

I must admit I am getting slightly nervous of whats to come!!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Well I have to say that just here in the USA that the sightings have doubled and tripled in the past year over the normal. Even if they are Meteors.

Jan, 1st, 2009 - Feb, 15, 2009 128 Reports

Jan, 1st, 2008 - Feb, 15th, 2008 - 67 Reports

Jan, 1st, 2007 - Feb, 15th, 2007 - 78 reports

Jan, 1st, 2006 - Feb, 15th, 2006 - 57 Reports

Jan, 1st, 2005 - Feb, 15th, 2005 - 38 reports

The above reports are just for folks who called it in, and reported seeing something. Also its only for US sightings. But if you notice there is a huge difference in the numbers. Just makes us realize that something bad is really going on.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

im with you dude, lol, this is retarded (and its very very rare that i woudl come into a post and say this)

atm theirs 2 big clouds of debris orbiting the world, on different paths, the iridium satalites fligh path goes right over the uk ..

go look at n2yo.com and track them for yourself.

i cant believe people are reporting sky fireballs atm when its 90% going to be this debris..

please point out this so called experts (not the guy im replying to, the guy with the chief sitting bull avatar)

:edit ... actualy they both pass over uk, cosmos2251 (or its debris even) is doing more fly overs of uk atm than the iridium satalite.

[edit on 17-2-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I just have to say that last night I was out at 7.26pm and saw off the coast of southend-on-sea objects that appeared as orange orbs. They seemed to be over the opposite shore of the estuary , and also over the oil/gas refinery near canvey island. Later on that same evening I was walking home from southend toward shoeburyness, and saw a single object, simalar in disposition. It moved toward southend directly over my head, VERY slowly from what I could tell . All that said , I cant be sure how far away it was, since I am unfamiliar with the actual dimensions of the object,and there for its speed and relative distance from me were hard to estimate. This isnt the first night I have seen something like this. The first time was about three hours previous to the begining of the Persuid shower of last year (august) and again during mid december.
I have never been able to make out enough detail at close enough range , to come up with an explanation for these objects, but let me tell you , I can tell when something does not belong. These things are completely outside the norm.
Diplomat... I think if you had seen one of the objects highlighted in this thread, you might not be so quick to dismiss them as debris. Debris falls, it does not fly. Nor does it hover in place or change direction. Deny your ignorance!

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
You're right to question these 'fireballs' when there is so much debris falling down...

The problem is that some of these fireballs don't correspond to where the debris fields are.

As fas as the US, both NORAD and STRATCOM track anything entering U.S. Airspace. It may not pick up something the size of a golfball, but anything large enough to get within 1 mile of the surface (without burning up) is going to be tracked.

When you have both NORAD and STRATCOM saying they don't know where the hell these fireballs are coming from, then you have a problem. i.e. Texas.

I'm sure the british have the same type of system going on as well, or possibly using U.S. resources to do the tracking.

But for these 'experts' in Washington to say the debris over Texas is NOT a satellite, must be a meteor... and the tapes to show that it is clearly something metallic, possibly mechanical, well... it causes me to raise eyebrows.

In the end, whether it is satellites, meteors, or ufos... it's a problem for this crap to fall on us at an accellerating rate.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join