It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good question about hell

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Your tortured because when you die, you become the essence of what you were in life. Were you fearful, were you a tormentor, were you a #ing sneak thief, were you filthy were you prudent or were you unjust, were you a coward who followed the advice of evil doers? or were you rightous and not willing to back down only wanting to help and to serve however nessecary?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
We all know that heaven is reward for embracing God.

I honestly do not belive in the Bible. If there is a God, he would not outcast an angel and create a Hell. He would not have let Adam and Eve eat from the "Tree of Knowledge". I also dont belive he'd refer to sucha tree as "evil". There is a reason to question those who command people without explaining why along with their reasons and motives. I belive rather God belives in "denying ignorance" as this site's quote is because we expose and reveal the truths and see the contradictions of things for what they truely are. I do not belive that God would say such ridicule about those who are gay and those who have another religion. I belive God always wants us to be happy and not to be intolerant of others. If he expects us to be perfect, then wae are to accept and love all for who they are and live peacefully. If we are to accept eachther then we must first not assume that people are the way they are because they are "just wrong". that is traditional trait and habit that we must give up. we are to fully understand the problems of others and take them serously for they are our fellow bretheren and must be treated with the upmost respect because the live just like we live. Lastkly we must understand, accept and love. This is the true meaning of "Tolerance". This is what we must look to for the sake of humanity and its constantly changing well-being.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Heaven in my view refers to regions within the Spiritual/Material division that a spirit will go to between incarnations down here in the Material/Spiritual realms. Hell refers to a region below the Material/Spiritual that spirits go to when they can not shed the majority of their attachments to the Material/Spiritual regions by the time of death. The purely spiritual division is the destination, origin and home of our spirituals which we will return to when we have shed the imperfections that compelled us to come here. IE when we are truly saved, liberated by the exhaustion of impurities that prevent us from being fully conscious in the purely spiritual. Hell was no originally needed but has come about because of the degree of attachment for these regions. Death is the most painful moment of life as all ones remaining attachments to the body and the world are broken at once. If the spirit is unable to make that transition it will descend to a denser region when it will be able to remain conscious while it exhausts it's malignancies.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardcoremusiclover
We all know that heaven is reward for embracing God.

But if your a terrible evil person, then why would you be tortured in hell? Wouldn't the devil want to embrace you? Reward you for being such an evil person? I dont get it?

Did I miss something? Wouldn't evil souls get along and plot against God instead of just torture each other?

exactly! there is no "hell" realistically speaking but.....welcome to "hell" b/c this planet is as close as it gets.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I note that when the Christ, KNEW that he was about to go to his death, while carrying the sins of the world, that he found the prospect so terrifying that he was literally sweating blood (burst capillaries) from the stress he was feeling.

If christ was a god, the alleged creator of all that there is, then any terror he would have experienced would have been of his own creation.

In simple terms, it was his idea, his creation, if he was sweating blood then it was by his own will.

Nevertheless this event is but hearsay with no evidence to support it's reality, so there's no need to get all hung about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The demons in hell torture you because if they were to show you gratitude, then they would be showing virtue. The demons are not virtous beings.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

The worse thing about hell is you have no communion with the Father. It will be too late then to beg for mercy. I don't believe that hell is fire and brimestone, but I do believe a soul that is sent there is torched by their past evil life.

Remember, God is always trying to reach out to his children in many different ways. It is not his wish that any of his children be lost souls.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Just as which mushrooms are edible and which mushrooms are poisonous has alraedy been established-the natural laws of reincarnation and karma have been established by enlightened beings such as Buddha and Padmasambhava and even Jesus (if you can get a hold of his wisdom without it being tainted and ruined by deluded and poisoned evangelical fundamentalists.)

Here's a great true story about re-incarnation. During the time of Shakyamuni Buddha - approximately 500 BC, India was composed of many small kingdoms. In one kingdom there lived a King and a beautiful Queen who the King was obsessed with. However the Queen was extremely selfish and spent most of the Kingdoms resources on herself. Golden chariots, silk clothes, jewelry etc-you get the idea. In the meantime most of the subjects in her kingdom were starving. As time passed the Queen died quite young.
The heartbroken King heard that there was a great master named Shakyamuni Buddha who was enlightened and had the ability to see peoples past and future lives. He thought that this Buddha (Buddha means Awakened One) could tell him where his Queen would incarnate, (he assumed she would incarnate as a baby girl) so that he could provide for her. After he traveled hundreds of miles and tracked down Buddha he asked him. "Where has my recently deceased Queen died? The Buddha did not want to hurt the King so did not respond but the King never gave up so the Buddha took him into the forest. "Look below, "Buddha said, "see that dung beetle? That is the re-incarnation of your Queen. she was responsible for caring for the people of your kingdom and because she was selfish and let them starve this is the karma for her actions."

So you can see that people who lack loving kindness like Bush and Cheney, and the wall street bankers may be riding high now but because of the natural law of karma they will be reborn in the insect realm most likely. What is more hellish than that?

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

Satan is the prince of this world. He and his demons can go anywhere they want, except heaven. This is why Peter tells us To stay alert, our enemy the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Satan has just a little time left now and he is out to make the most of what he has left.

Satan loves no one. At Christ's second coming he will be destroyed.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Actually in the Bible Hell is separate from the Lake of Fire, the Lake of Fire is the place of torment that God created to put the Devil and the fallen angels, he just tosses the sinners in there with them because he doesn't have a better place to put them... Hell is like a place you go after you die if you're bad, a pre-punishment dimension before your final judgment at the end of time...

Its all very confusing, and in my mind, complete nonsense, no being could ever do something so horrible to deserve ETERNAL punishment, especially in a place with the description of Hell/Lake of Fire (maybe Hitler, but he's about it)...

This logical inconsistency is why the Catholics invented purgatory, because a loving God who sends his beloved children to eternal torment for just a few minor sins doesn't make a lick of sense

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
The thing I've always thought about hell is that the very idea of it is absurd...
Mainly because even we... as mere mortals... set punishments to fit the crime.

But Hell... is unbearable torture that NEVER EVER EVER ENDS.

So either God is a royal d*ck... or it's a ridiculous fairy tale concocted to scare people into following the rules of the few who want to control the masses.

Just my 2¢ anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Very good questions indeed!
Everybody has their own world view, it is my goal to share my and respectfully acknowledge others. Especially centered around these types of questions there are going to by many different views, I want to share as much of what I know. I'm going to use the Bible in my response and I want everybody to know that the Bible can be relied on as 100% accurate and does contain very clear information about Heaven and Hell and including God's perspectives on the issues that we face, the information is there for you to read so that you can know the truth!

This is what we can know for sure about Heaven.
Heaven is God's dwelling place. (Isaiah 66:1)

Only people who have accepted Christ as their savior and repented of their sins will be allowed into Heaven. (John 3:13)

Heaven will be a place for everybody who has died or been taken as a believer in God to live and reign with Christ for a thousand years while Satan is locked up in the bottomless pit. This will take place after the Tribulation is over. (Rev 20:4-6) Something interesting to note is that Heaven is not the final resting place of believers, God will create a new heaven ( referring to the celestial and atmospheric heavens) and a new earth. (Matt 24:35, Rev 21:1)

Heaven has a throne room, with one main throne, 24 additional thrones, 7 lamps, a sea of glass, and is filled with various creatures, elders, and angels that serve and worship God. (Rev 3:2-7, 4:11)

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This is what we can know for sure about Hell and going to hell.
The Bible makes it clear that there are not various levels of evil, sin is sin, no matter what. Our cultures place different levels of evil on different sins, for example we would think that stealing a book is not nearly as bad as murdering a person. Sinning is considered a transgression against God. God being righteous and just cannot accept any sin in any form. So whether you stole a book or murdered somebody, to God they hold the same level, it's still sin and he cannot allow that into Heaven. That being said the Bible also explains that all have sinned in one way or another. (Romans 3:23) The only person who was perfect was Jesus, and when he died on the cross he paid for our sins to clear the way for us to be able to be accepted into Heaven, despite having sinned. That's why when you accept Christ as your savior you repent of your sins and ask God to forgive you, because that's the only way he can save us. It is absolutely our choice if we want that though. And when people accept him we can know that they've truly accepted him by their actions, if they are truly a believer they will obey God because they want to love him and understand what he's done in order to allow us to be with Him.
So, I believe that the only reason a person would go to hell is for not accepting Christ as their savior or for not being a true believer.

Hell is where God is not. God will not be present in any form in Hell because He's clearly stated that his dwelling place is Heaven. Hell is the very worst place that I can imagine... if you're a believer then earth is as close to hell as you'll get. If you're not a believer then earth is as close to heaven as you'll ever be. Hell is describe as being the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. (Matt 8:12) Where all riches and power on earth will matter not, all men shall suffer the same agony. (Isaiah 14:23) And where men will thirst and not even be granted one drop of water. (Luke 16:24) There are references to Gehenna, and that was a place where they burned trash, however it is referenced symbolically to illustrate the never-ending pain of he lost. The lost being people who choose to part from God and have to go to hell because of that choice. (Isaiah 66:24) Once you are in hell there is no way out of it.

The Devil does not want to embrace souls in hell, he wants to take as many people there with him and destroy them eternally. Satan is not in charge of hell, it's going to be his prison. He didn't even make the place, God made it to place him there so that he cannot deceive people anymore. Let me provide some background information as to why. Remember in Genesis that God created everything and that He himself said it was good? Satan however wanted to be higher than God, more powerful and to claim all worship to himself. Ever since he set his sights on being mightier than God and rebelled against Him satan has hated God's creation. This age old rebellion has raged on and on with satan taking for himself any who will allow themselves to be deceived by him. It's not because he welcomes you, it's the only way he can still try to win because when Jesus died on the cross death was defeated and the debt for our sins was paid, allowing humans to be saved.

Also, people who are in rebellion against God are already using their time on earth to plot against him. That's why there's going to be Armageddon, it's the final battle where man, led and inspired by satan, will have a battle against God.

Satan hates you and he will do anything he can to lie and deceive you because he wants to take you down with him. In a way it should make you feel proud that there's a battle being fought right now for your soul and for where you will spend the rest of eternity. It"s up to you to decide where you want to be.

All verses are NKJV and feel free to U2U me with any questions you may have.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

That is a good question with an easy answer. Satan is not in hell. The Bible states that Satan was cast down to earth to roam. Hell is where he will go when Jesus makes his big return. Not only will Satan be sent there but all the people that had a chance to accept Him as their Lord and Savior but refused will go there as well. Satan wants to take as many of us with him before the end. He knows that he is doomed. The only thing he can do to hurt(not physically) God is to take as many of us with him as he can. He is the prince of lies and will decieve us into doing anything that would truely keep us from accepting Jesus into our hearts.
Satan is not a red guy with horns either. The Bible states that Satan was actually a high ranking angel before he was cast out of heaven.
There are definetly different interpretations as to what hell is and when exactly you go there. Some say hell is a lake of fire, some say hell is just the absence of God. Either way, it doesn't sound enjoyable to me.
Hope that was an easy answer.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
the devil works for god. he just does a job

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Why do you get coal for Christmas? Because you're bad.

Christmas and Heaven/Hell are mythical and believable when you're about 5 years old. Then you grow up.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
the reason people that goto hell are tortured (people who dont embrace God thru Jesus Christ) is because satan hates Gods creation, it doesnt matter if youre the worst person on earth, if you reject God and his Son then you'll die eternally. Satan is out to destroy man in everyway possible. The people who think that hell isnt such a bad place or that he'll embrace evil people are just being fooled by satan into believing that.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eisley

Very good questions indeed!
Everybody has their own world view, it is my goal to share my and respectfully acknowledge others. Especially centered around these types of questions there are going to by many different views, I want to share as much of what I know. I'm going to use the Bible in my response and I want everybody to know that the Bible can be relied on as 100% accurate and does contain very clear information about Heaven and Hell and including God's perspectives on the issues that we face, the information is there for you to read so that you can know the truth!

This is what we can know for sure about Heaven.
Heaven is God's dwelling place. (Isaiah 66:1)

Only people who have accepted Christ as their savior and repented of their sins will be allowed into Heaven. (John 3:13)

Heaven will be a place for everybody who has died or been taken as a believer in God to live and reign with Christ for a thousand years while Satan is locked up in the bottomless pit. This will take place after the Tribulation is over. (Rev 20:4-6) Something interesting to note is that Heaven is not the final resting place of believers, God will create a new heaven ( referring to the celestial and atmospheric heavens) and a new earth. (Matt 24:35, Rev 21:1)

Heaven has a throne room, with one main throne, 24 additional thrones, 7 lamps, a sea of glass, and is filled with various creatures, elders, and angels that serve and worship God. (Rev 3:2-7, 4:11)

With most respect:

We either burn for eternity if we don't believe (or do something wrong), and if we DO believe, we go to "Heaven" where we (and it says this in Revelations) will "fall on our faces and worship the Lord (for eternity)."

Like I said before, I used to associate "God" with love. My views of "God" have changed. One of the reasons are things like this. Why (according to the bible) is "God" such a jealous god, and why does he say "Do not worship any other gods"?

According to the bible, Earth is the only planet with life. But look into Science and Astronomy (and UFO sightings and encounters) these days. It takes away credibility from the bible more and more.

And like I said before: I believe that at the time the bible was written, it was most definetly "Correct" so to speak. But after 5 thousands of years (Old testament) and about 2 thousand years (NT), how can you say the bible is still 100% accurate?? How can you say it wasn't tampered with?

The bible says that there was indeed a dark force (Satan, etc.). There's your motivation to change it around anyway.

Besides, the bible indicates the earth is 5,700 somewhat years old. Neanderthal and Homonids are MILLIONS of years older than that. Come on.

There was someone/something here way before us, during us, and there will be after us.

The universe is too big and there are too many possibilities of life.

The evil the bible talks about, like I said, is still here today (as is the "good" force), and they are NOT (and never were) immortal. Can you see ANY living thing to be immortal? And they are NOT Creation. There is only one Creation, I believe, and it DOESN'T JUDGE or send you to Heaven or Hell based on decisions that you made in ONE life, or maybe even in a few years of your life.

The bible may have started off with the best intentions, but many years and years have distorted it.

It reminds me of the story when there are 20 or so people in a line. Tell the person at one end a story, and tell him/her to tell each person next to them the same thing. By the time it gets to the 20th person, you have something twisted.

In days when not many people could read or write, all most of them had was "heresey". Very few had books and could read. So the illiterate dwarfed the literate.

Hope this makes sense. Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
i have always been of the opinion that heaven and hell were just metaphors for earth and space..... all the major religions of the world seem to share the same stories in regards to the 'Gods' or 'creators' and how certain entities were cast down into "hell' after battles between god and evil etc....

I would recommend watching a series of talks given by Michael Tsarion into the possible real history of Earth and its roots in religion and world goverment etc.... Some people might find the content a little fruity at times but in all honesty its well put together and gives a pretty good account of the possible history and future of the human race, the planet and the universe in general.......

if you look on google video for " Origins of Evil ' and " Where history ends " you should find a good few hours worth of quality stuff to look into on the subject.

I would just like to say I dont completely agree with all the idea's of Michael Tsarion and his mentor Jordan Maxwell but they do put forth a very convincing case for alien visitation and manipulation of the Human race and religion....

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join