It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve Police Tells Reporter to Stop Filming

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If I stop and think about what America is turning into I actually want to puke. The principles on which this country was founded changed humanity. If the people of the country lose what America is to politicians, corporations and media propaganda, the there is no hope and humanity deserves to watch itself suffer the bondage and indignity it has evoked.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As many pointed out previously, the Federal Reserve is not a government entity. Nevertheless, it's pretty obvious that the officer in question seems to believe she is working for a government branch. (or that a government branch is contracting her company)

Does anyone know if the building in question is federally owned?
Is it a government building as the police in the video claimed?

thanks.

EDIT: I just thought the building itself probably has security cameras pointing at that very same sidewalk... ironic don't you think?

[edit on 13/2/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
reply to post by TooManyHumans

This is a perfect example, you cant film government buildings you wouldnt be able to walk up and film a military base would you? The federal reserve is where a great deal of the nations money comes from.

[edit on 12-2-2009 by caballero]

Last time I checked the money came from mints.

Maybe we should all be afraid of the terrorists that are filming us from the ever increasing amount of surveillance cameras that we see popping up everywhere?

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
As many pointed out previously, the Federal Reserve is not a government entity. Nevertheless, it's pretty obvious that the officer in question seems to believe she is working for a government branch. (or that a government branch is contracting her company)

Does anyone know if the building in question is federally owned?
Is it a government building as the police in the video claimed?

thanks.

EDIT: I just thought the building itself probably has security cameras pointing at that very same sidewalk... ironic don't you think?

[edit on 13/2/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

It seems that the Building is not owned by the Fed rather by privately owned corporations.

[1,2] There are no sharp criteria for determining whether an entity is a federal agency within the meaning of the Act, but the critical factor is the existence of federal government control over the "detailed physical performance" and "day to day operation" of that entity. . . . Other factors courts have considered include whether the entity is an independent corporation . . ., whether the government is involved in the entity's finances. . . ., and whether the mission of the entity furthers the policy of the United States, . . . Examining the organization and function of the Federal Reserve Banks, and applying the relevant factors, we conclude that the Reserve Banks are not federal instrumentalities for purpose of the FTCA, but are independent, privately owned and locally controlled corporations.

Each Federal Reserve Bank is a separate corporation owned by commercial banks in its region. The stockholding commercial banks elect two thirds of each Bank's nine member board of directors. The remaining three directors are appointed by the Federal Reserve Board. The Federal Reserve Board regulates the Reserve Banks, but direct supervision and control of each Bank is exercised by its board of directors. 12 U.S.C. Sect. 301. The directors enact by-laws regulating the manner of conducting general Bank business, 12 U.S.C. Sect. 341, and appoint officers to implement and supervise daily Bank activities. These activites include collecting and clearing checks, making advances to private and commercial entities, holding reserves for member banks, discounting the notes of member banks, and buying and selling securities on the open market. See 12 U.S.C. Sub-Sect. 341-361.

www.save-a-patriot.org...

[edit on 13-2-2009 by TooManyHumans]

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
All banks are on "federal" property, that is why the FBI responds to all bank robberies, so if this guard doesnt realize that then somebody better get a hold of her company and have them give her a refresher course.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
This is starting to be everyday news in the field of photography. There is no law that says you cant film a federal building from a public sidewalk. Harrasment of photographers has been going on forever, but since 911 it's gone to hell. Rent-a-cops rarely know what the law actually says, they will just play the terrorist/911 card and claim that it's illegal.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
This is starting to be everyday news in the field of photography. There is no law that says you cant film a federal building from a public sidewalk. Harrasment of photographers has been going on forever, but since 911 it's gone to hell. Rent-a-cops rarely know what the law actually says, they will just play the terrorist/911 card and claim that it's illegal.

I agree things have gotten a lot harder for photographers since 9/11, but remember its for our safety
. I would say that Rent-a-cops rarely know what the law actually says and I'm pretty sure the same could be said for most Police Officers.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Oh my. What will they do when everyone wears 24 hour reality High Definition life cameras on their glasses or above their ears? When everyone can record every moment of their lives? How will they keep secrets? The only way would be to establish two set of rules, one for slaves and the other for owners. OR what if I say invent a technology that can download the contents of a persons mind videographically at the end of each day? I sugest that they move their secret buildings to places where most people can't go, undergound bases, etc.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
All banks are on "federal" property, that is why the FBI responds to all bank robberies, so if this guard doesnt realize that then somebody better get a hold of her company and have them give her a refresher course.

You are correct, the guard does need a refresher class on her very limited authority as a putz working for her private employer.
Sorry amigo but I have no idea how you have come to this conclusion. Go to your locale property tax office and see if "your" bank of choice pays property tax. They do not, hence they are not on federal property. In 1934 it became a federal crime to rob any national bank or state member bank of the Federal Reserve System. The law was expanded to include bank burglary, larceny, and similar crimes against federally insured savings and loans and federal credit unions, with jurisdiction delegated to the FBI.
I hope that adds some clarity.

posted on Feb, 14 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Looks to me that someone needs to go down there with a still and video camera, a book of law, any changes made in print, and a the statement that the fed operates as a private entity in the interest of the public, and also that the building is fed property and not gov property.

Then let the cops/secret police challenge you on that, just keep the camera rolling, if everyone queued up on the other sidewalk with their cameras rolling, and took it in turns to challendge them, the cops couldnt uneducatedly BS their way into preventing you from doing it especially if youve got the laws and legislation with you.

They'd probably start picking you off from the roof tho n blame it on the car boot sniper.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Xwino

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by phushion
Looks to me that someone needs to go down there with a still and video camera, a book of law, any changes made in print, and a the statement that the fed operates as a private entity in the interest of the public, and also that the building is fed property and not gov property.

Then let the cops/secret police challenge you on that, just keep the camera rolling, if everyone queued up on the other sidewalk with their cameras rolling, and took it in turns to challendge them, the cops couldnt uneducatedly BS their way into preventing you from doing it especially if youve got the laws and legislation with you.

They'd probably start picking you off from the roof tho n blame it on the car boot sniper.

I have a feeling that would'nt go too well
It would be neat to see how they would respond tho.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xwino
The guard is just that, an employee of the bank with no powers of arrest.

On the contrary "that guard" is a Federal Law Enforcement Officer with statutory powers of arrest Nation-wide. This authority was granted in section 11q of the Federal reserve act of 1913 and enhanced by the Patriot Act. The Federal Reserve Police have at least on paper probably the largest jurisdictional authority of any uniformed police force. They can fly armed and have powers of arrest (while on duty) from coast to coast.

That said, The Fed is uber paranoid (deservedly or not) that someone is going to bomb the daylights out of a Fed bank. Previous posters are correct that Enemy ie, Terrorist Surveillance is the issue. The Officer was just doing her job and doing well at that. I wont comment on how security measures are implemented do to operational security but suffice to say that if someone were to penetrate a Fed Res. facility malevolently they would'nt make it out alive.

Source: I'm a former Federal Reserve Law Enforcement Officer (FRLEO).

Uniform Protection Authority for Federal Reserve Facilities
(q)
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, to authorize personnel to act as law enforcement officers to protect and safeguard the premises, grounds, property, personnel, including members of the Board, of the Board, or any Federal reserve bank, and operations conducted by or on behalf of the Board or a reserve bank.
The Board may, subject to the regulations prescribed under paragraph (5), delegate authority to a Federal reserve bank to authorize personnel to act as law enforcement officers to protect and safeguard the bank's premises, grounds, property, personnel, and operations conducted by or on behalf of the bank.
Law enforcement officers designated or authorized by the Board or a reserve bank under paragraph (1) or (2) are authorized while on duty to carry firearms and make arrests without warrants for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony cognizable under the laws of the United States committed or being committed within the buildings and grounds of the Board or a reserve bank if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed or is committing such a felony. Such officers shall have access to law enforcement information that may be necessary for the protection of the property or personnel of the Board or a reserve bank.
For purposes of this subsection, the term "law enforcement officers" means personnel who have successfully completed law enforcement training and are authorized to carry firearms and make arrests pursuant to this subsection.
The law enforcement authorities provided for in this subsection may be exercised only pursuant to regulations prescribed by the Board and approved by the Attorney General.
[12 USC 248(q). As added by act of Oct. 26, 2001 (115 Stat. 333).]

www.federalreserve.gov...

[edit on 15-2-2009 by solomanskey]

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Interesting post thats some nice information there. That still does'nt explain why he was told to leave when it is legal to film on public property. I can see why they would come out and at least question him to find out his intentions but beyond that I don't see how they can make him stop filming.

Is there a specific law concerning filming of the Federal Reserve?

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There isn't a specific law perse. But once a"filmer" has been told to stop filming and continues to do so it then becomes disobeying a lawful order by a Police Officer. The Federal Reserve is THE #1 target for homegrown Terrorists and for good reason or not one of the most hated and mistrusted quasi federal entities. Another reason is that they dont want cash shipments and personnel movements to be recorded. For instance the number of Officers at each FRB is classified. As well as the time of arrival and departure of cash or propietary information. Hope this helps. Even though I was a Police Officer with the Fed I believe that the Fed is the worst thing that's ever happened to America. It's also interesting to note that both Licoln and Kennedy were assasinated shortly after trying to give the right back to America to print it's own currency instead of International bankers. Speaking from experience the Fed is the most secretive agency I've worked for and I've worked for DoS, DoD, DHS, and the DOJ. Here's a factual and sober historical account of the Rothschilds. Enjoy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yeah except that it isn't a lawful order. That's the whole point. if you're on public property and your told to stop filming you're in fact being given an unlawfull order.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Perhaps not, but under the Patriot act it sure is. They have carte blanche these days to completely suspend your constitutional rights in the name of National Security. That guy is lucky his camera wasn't confiscated and he that he didn't spend 24 hrs being "detained" and interrogated by the FBI. Entirely plausible scenerio as I've seen it happen. Only the person interrogated was a Military aged male of Middle Eastern desent and was definately not just trying to surveil the Fed for #s and giggles. Question: Was the first thing Obama did when he took office was abolishing the Patriot Act? New boss same as the old boss. Stock up on ammo folks.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by solomanskey]

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You're right they have powers these days to detain and confiscate. Usually they let the suspected 'camera terrorist' go after awhile. Often lawsuit or public outrage follows. It's like a dance with these guards

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by solomanskey

The Patriot Act does not supersede the U.S. Consitutition. You may take a photograph of ANYTHING from public property.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes you may.........A consequence of doing so though could be fines and jail time. The patriot act DOES supercede constitutional rights if "in the best interest of National Security". Hence wiretaps and indefinate detention if a "terrorist suspect". If you stand on public property and film a classified military base or Government building you will be detained for an undetermined period of time possibly fined and your camera taken away. Good luck with the subsequent law suit because it wont go anywhere. Not saying it's right or defending the pactice, just stating facts. The Fed isnt public property. Caveat emptor, it's Law Enforcement is, and can enforce Federal and State law as well as "Federal Reserve rules and regualtions". Good luck trying to sue the Fed!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join