It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soccer ball is deflected by invisible object in MID AIR around 18ft up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine
Again, watch the way the ball is struck.

He kicks the ball on his right side and his foot continues up the right side of the ball. We can all see that. Does that or does that not mean the ball was probably spinning?

You act like you know exactly how a ball can curve left to right, but refuse to acknowledge that the ball could possibly go up and down. You say that it's impossible because you can't kick the ball into the ground, but it's plain as day that his foot was still on the ball after it left the ground, most likely sending it into a spin.

I don't need to find a video of it because anyone that's played any kind of sport that involves hitting a ball has seen something exactly like it. Plus it's really not something I'd really expect people to post videos of unless it ended in a goal, but I don't feel like trudging through hours of soccer on youtube to prove a simple point.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MoonMine

i have seen this before and it is interesting but...

what is the Alien/UFO connection here ?

are you saying there is a cloaked/invisible ufo deflecting the ball ?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
It is real simple to settle the spin / collission argument:

IF it is a collission, the moment the ball strikes the object it would change its shape from round to slightly oval.

IF it is NOT a collission, the ball stays perfectly round.

I cannot see this clearly either way because I lack the software to capture frames. I would use the HQ version.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

The guy who posted it onto Youtube posted the UFO in the title

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Haha, took me five seconds...
www.youtube.com...

Maybe there was a UFO in the gymnasium??!!

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It amazes me that so much discussion is going into this. It is the spin on the ball.
Look, it's a common technique most footballers learn. You use it to lob the keeper or dip the ball over a wall from a free kick.
It is not an invisible force, it really isn't. It's such a horrendously normal occurance it's untrue.

This is a tutorial on how to bend and dip the ball like beckham

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
are you saying there is a cloaked/invisible ufo deflecting the ball ?

I am saying this i possible yes, given that there is a theory out there that "real" UFOs can only be seen using UV filters, films or lenses.

If this seems strange to you, look for Trevor James Constable on the Internet.

(Thanks Exuberant1 for mentioning this in the Alien Donut thread).

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Haha, took me five seconds...
www.youtube.com...

Maybe there was a UFO in the gymnasium??!!

Yes ofcourse.

What you fail to understand is that you cannot create a sinker as shown in the original video FROM THE GROUND, and WITHOUT applying the spin.

Again, look where the ball starts and look how it is struck.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yes, let's look at how it was struck.

Can you verify for us that your eyes work and that the ball leaves the ground with his foot still on it and moving along it's side?

Do you think his foot stops the nanosecond it touches the ball?

Did the girl in the video I posted not hit the ball upwards before it went zooming down?

All I can say is wow.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What you fail to understand is that you cannot create a sinker as shown in the original video FROM THE GROUND, and WITHOUT applying the spin.

Hi,
hope all is well. Please watch the David Beckham video I posted for you.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Look, it's a common technique most footballers learn. You use it to lob the keeper or dip the ball over a wall from a free kick.
It is not an invisible force, it really isn't. It's such a horrendously normal occurance it's untrue.

This is a tutorial on how to bend and dip the ball like beckham

Again, great video thanks.
Again, look at the angle of attack and how Beckhams leg follows through. Most importantly, look where the spin takes effect: In the END of the flight of the ball, right where it is supposed to take effect. (At the goal)

This is a perfect example of side spin changing into top spin by the sliding of the ball. This is a gradual process which cannot be created in the start of the flight.

In the collission video the "spin" immedeatly drops the ball and lets it descend on a flatter plane. That is simply not possible. Not to mention that from watching the kick hardly any spin was put on the ball.

Tell you what I will email the maker and ask for input.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by and14263

Hi,
hope all is well. Please watch the David Beckham video I posted for you.

OK my definition of a sinker is wrong, but this does not invalidate by arguments above. Let me rephrase:

You cannot create an early sinker from the ground.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The ball left the ground before it left his foot. Watch the video you posted,

*Snip*

Mod Note: Removed Snide Remark: Review This Link: Civility And Decorum Are Required on AboveTopSecret.com

[edit on 2/7/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Can you verify for us that your eyes work and that the ball leaves the ground with his foot still on it and moving along it's side?

No contest, his foot follows through. But his foot is BELOW the ball, check again.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoonMine

his foot follows through. But his foot is BELOW the ball

Congratulations, you got one right.

Are you suggesting that the girl's hand in this video was higher than the highest peak the ball reached before shooting down?

Are you for real?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Are you suggesting that the girl's hand in this video was higher than the highest peak the ball reached before shooting down?
Are you for real?

No, she simply creates top-left spin with her hand making the ball sink when over the net. This argument is going nowhere, I am going to post screen caps of the strike and the deflection once I figure out how and line out how the ball was struck.

Leg straight back and straight through, hitting the ball below center.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Ok, so you're saying she hit the top of the ball and still sent it upwards?

And that's more feasible than by hitting the bottom and getting the same result... how?

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Yes, the ball is curving due to spin but there is more to the illusion than that. Go back and watch carefully.

The seemingly unnatural movement happens because the camera operator zooms out during the ball's flight. The "deflection" happens exactly when the field of view is suddenly increased.

[edit on 7-2-2009 by IAttackPeople]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join