It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Worries About Meth Trends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

I would be calm except for the fact I know if I go post anything about drugs besides how bad they are that I will be looked at as the criminal and punished where as this thread is no better.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

I would be calm except for the fact I know if I go post anything about drugs besides how bad they are that I will be looked at as the criminal and punished where as this thread is no better.

Yeah but it isn't fair to take your personal greivances out on those of us who are trying to actually discuss this.

As already stated, this is a discussion about the demographics of drug use--not the specific how-tos and experiences that would constitude discussion of illegal activity.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Some person said "I took a hit off a crack pipe".

This is whole thread is plagued with drug talk, and it doesn't say in the T&C at any point that if the talk about drugs deals with how they affect ones well being for the worse that it's any more acceptable.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
double post.

This thread is unacceptable.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
double post.

This thread is unacceptable.

Let the staff decide what is acceptable.

Back to the topic folks.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I find it quite ironic that someone who was warned for an extreme T&C violation is trying to say what is or isn't acceptable.

And thank you very much Intrepid for such a quick response.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

I would like to thank you for an amazing contribution to this thread, and congrats on the years being clean.

Your insight is important, and greatly appreciated... More than that you are an inspiration, because you beat addiction.... IMO you are a hero!

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Walks,

I understand where you are coming from.

And by the posts you have gotten, many have missed the point.

The war on drugs is the forgotten war. And many don't understand the many faces of addiction.
How easily it happens how it destroys families, and that it is a disease that is not focused on enough, and people are educated about.

Addiction is usually the symptom. The byproduct of a mental illness. It is just a bandaid on some wicked wounds. And it needs to be paid attention too, instead of dismissed.
Anyone can develope an addiction, wives, preachers, teachers, fireman, doctors, etc.
Addicts are not bad people, they are people with a problem.

Instead of rejected, those with an addiction need to be emrassed, and can't be expected to leave this disease without support.

I lost my BIL to a drug overdose. My family still reels from it. such a senseless way to die.
And the sight of his room where he died covered in blood and vomit and emt equipment, will never leave my mind.
Despite what the movies show, it can be a messy way to die.

my bil was a great and popular guy. Excellent soccer player. He is sorely missed by many. He just never could deal with the abandonement by his father.

People need to stop thinking about what we can do to punish those who have these habits, and start thinking of ways of preventing or helping them.

Because finding treatment, and finding the courage for treatment, is not as easy as you think.

Run an experiment, and try to find some help. It will either cost you 30k in a private setting, or your waiting for six months for a program.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealDonPedros
Not to further stray from the topic at hand, I commend people for wanting to share there negative experiences but I feel you should respect my desire to share the positives.

Then please respect my opinion as well...

There is NOTHING positive about the illicit use of meth. Until you have personally seen what it can do to a person you may not understand this. I don't expect you or anyone to take my word for it, and honestly I pray that no one ever has to witness someone they know become addicted to meth.

Keep in mind we are discussing the illicit use of meth and addiction, and how that illicit use is now on the rise.

Meth is extremely dangerous, and addictive, ask anyone who has been addicted and survived... if you can find any alive, or ask anyone who has seen someone close to them get addicted.

Saying there are positives in the illicit use of meth is like saying drinking battery acid is good for your health.

Deny ignorance?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I do not wish to take any credit for being so fortunate. Actually, I owe what I have to the help of others. I volunteer a lot of time to this effort, for a few reasons. One is to try and spare others from this, and the other is that I owe. I owe a debt to society; I did not end up in prison because I am a good guy. Though I did things I would not do were it not for my addiction, I DID THEM regardless. Being addicted may be a reason for insane behavior, but not an excuse. An addict that commits a crime still deserves to be punished like any other criminal. But I disagree that drugs should be criminalized. It does not work. This is a very touchy subject because of the cause and effect situation, but the true criminal element where illegal drugs is concerned and the violence associated with it, has a lot more to do with money and happens a lot more with those that profit from drugs, not the user's of drugs. Not to many real hard core addicts deal drugs, despite any belief to the contrary. Sure most of us try, but its hard to sell something you have already used up! People do all sorts of things to make their lives miserable, for those hell bent on doing so, let them have their way. If we would de-decriminalize, we take the violence out. You then have control, because you dictate the conditions which the addict gets what he needs/wants. Sounds sick, but its not much sicker than the current methods which do not work.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Heard of it and worked with too many people who have had it. Crack and meth are much worse.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

THERE is NOTHING nice to say about meth. In fact, now with the strict controls on what's used to make this stuff, "cooks" are turning to some pretty frightening chemicals to make it. Google hypophosphorus...geez, this stuff is acid!
Meth seems to ruin the brain pretty fast in young users. In fact, we consider 10+ year chronic users to be virtually irretrievable if they started in their teens. These people can no longer hold their attention on anything long enough to recover.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'll try again, my last was 'way off topic.'

We can talk about banning (in answer to Revolution 2012)

Can we talk about unbanning?

Things have to be banned first after they're noticed?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Meth is a killer.

Meth has killed.

Meth will kill again.

Do not dance with this devil.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by redled
I'll try again, my last was 'way off topic.'

We can talk about banning (in answer to Revolution 2012)

Can we talk about unbanning?

Things have to be banned first after they're noticed?

Now, I go further,

If we constantly talk about banning things, the laws of probability and sophistry decree they will all be banned.

If we cannot 'unban,' all will therefore end up banned? Are we still on topic?

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

The 12 step program is FREE, and is the ONLY proven successful long term treatment. You can find a 12 step meeting in over 70 countries. The program started in 1935 with two individuals and now can be found worldwide. That is a testament that it works.
Many programs tout their success by quoting a percentage that completes their treatment. So if a person stays the full 90 days, for example, they state that as a success. What they don't track, is the nearly perfect failure rate of post treatment. You can't lock someone away for 3 months and teach them to live life without drugs. A person must adopt an entirely new way of living life. AND treatment must continue for a lifetime. Once a junkie, ALWAYS a junkie...ever heard that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join