It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama American Inauguration 09

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Well in 14 hours we the United States will have a new President. What does this mean to you the guy on the street? What is your expectation? What are your worries? Will this be the change that we need? Meet the new boss same as the old boss? I ask America and our global neighbor’s was he the right choice?

What does this mean to you?

For African Americans, a long wait is almost over

The swearing-in of the country's first black president has sparked a mass pilgrimage of African-Americans to Washington. They have come by plane, train and bus. They are crowding the region's hotels and crashing on friends' couches. They will pack the Mall today to witness a moment that many see as vindication after a centuries-long struggle for racial equality.

Obama praises McCain, calls for bipartisan cooperation

"We will not always agree on everything in the months to come, and we will have our share of arguments and debates," Obama said. "But let us strive always to find that common ground, and to defend together those common ideals, for it is the only way we can meet the very big and very

[edit on 19-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
For me I feel that we have made the correct choice.
The United States has been taking a beating in the past 8 years and now we have somebody with a fresh perspective and hopefully will be able to present how the average American feels.

I for one remember my mother telling me that if I applied myself I could be anything I wanted to be. I think Obama has proven that can really happen.

I am looking forward to change and an improvement of how America looks to our global neighbors’. We do have a lot of work ahead of us but I for one am ready.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

America Has something to be proud of.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I am with you.

A new start is always refreshing, and Obama starts with a 100% with me.

Let us see what this man has to offer during these terrible times. It wont be easy for him, or for us, but we should get a feel as to which way we are going in a few months.

I pray for the people of the USA and the world.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It's going to be a momentous day, and something of a huge spectacle.

I know this thread is going to turn into an anti-Obama fiesta in about 30 seconds, but I'll be following the event tomorrow as best I can, and with more than a little bit of happiness.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am happy for a change in the white house. Is he the right choice? We won't know until we see him in action. My only concern is that so many people are putting so much of their faith and expectation into a man that hasn't even stepped into office yet. He must be feeling an aweful lot of pressure to turn this country around...

The fact that he is half African American has clouded many views of people. Some only voted for him because of his heritage, others voted against him for the same reason. I personally voted for him because of what he stands for. Now lets see if he is able to honor the wide changes he proposed. Only then will we know for sure if we made the right choice.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I like what was said in the MSM when it was said that it was a peaceful revolution.
This is a momentous occasion When the Average American reclaimed their country.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The fact that an African-American is being elected is a great thing. It is truly historic for this country. We know that racism still exists and probably always will, but this shows that it can be overcome.

But...

He wants to continue spending money we don't have. He's for big government. He wants to create more large federal social programs. He doesn't represent the change i want. I feel we are going in a completely wrong direction. Large government has caused our problems...not solved them.

This is Obama's fatal flaw in my opinion. Can he prove me wrong? Possibly..and i'd love him for it.

But reality tells me no, so i guess i'll have to wait for 4 more years, hope the country is still afloat by then, and vote for RP or someone like him.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I just hope this wont become a Black vs White issue and let the man do the job he was elected to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes I hope it is a great change and America can move forward but, I am sorry he is still a politician. He will be corrupted as all the others were. There never is any big changes just small ones so they can say they did something. Glorified used car dealers are all they all are. My opinion only.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beege24He must be feeling an aweful lot of pressure to turn this country around...

As well he should be, but I fully believe that Obama has what it takes to put America back on it's rightful throne as the sole superpower.

Obama is somebody who electrifies not only African Americans, but most Americans. I also firmly believe that, given time, even the most ardent anti-Omamites will come around to some degree.

Europe, the Middle East and the developing nations will, under Obama's leadership, begin to look up to America again as an example for all nations.

I can't conceive of any possible situation where Obama's presidency could be any worse than Bush Jr's.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
AHHAHAH now thats funny a poster has said I hope this doesnt turn into a Black vs White thing!

Understand that Barack H. Obama is HALF WHITE & HALF BLACK, he is not African American he is the first mixed President. Get it right please. I think the only ones that are mixing the pot is the Libs and blacks bringing the race card into it.

Who cares if he is black

What matters is if he can run this country into the right direction!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Im right there with you.

I think He wil do just fine. I have to admit, though, the medi is starting to bug me a bit. he isnt even in office yet and they are already comparing him to lincoln and FDR. I personally would prefer to wait untill he has actually done something, good bad or other wise, before I make my judgement.

That said, I do think he will do great. He is a great speaker and has great charisma to say the least.

I do think its a shame that in this day and age we have to have increased security for the inaguration. I guess there are still some people out there who hate him just because of the color of his skin(or for whatever reason)

I think Obama will do our economy good. I hope that he chooses to apply some clinton economics. But than again. Our economy is on the edge right now. teetering. I think Obama is the guy to pull us back to safety.

Yes, Obama will be great.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
AHHAHAH now thats funny a poster has said I hope this doesnt turn into a Black vs White thing!

Understand that Barack H. Obama is HALF WHITE & HALF BLACK, he is not African American he is the first mixed President. Get it right please. I think the only ones that are mixing the pot is the Libs and blacks bringing the race card into it.

Who cares if he is black

I agree, not to mention that blacks only make up 13% of the US and whites 80% so it looks to me that whites put him in?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

That’s sad but true
Hopefully this time it will be different

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

Who cares if he is black

Thanks I never knew that

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Im right there with you.

That said, I do think he will do great. He is a great speaker and has great charisma to say the least.

Thank God.
At least he can speak in full complete sentences. I think it will help improve Americas image

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger

As well he should be, but I fully believe that Obama has what it takes to put America back on it's rightful throne as the sole superpower.

Obama is somebody who electrifies not only African Americans, but most Americans. I also firmly believe that, given time, even the most ardent anti-Omamites will come around to some degree.

Europe, the Middle East and the developing nations will, under Obama's leadership, begin to look up to America again as an example for all nations.

Good point we need not only an American president but a global leader.

But personality alone won’t do it alone. I hope he has the staying power. I hope Washington does not do him in.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

We have been the world's sole superpower for some time and I was unaware that somebody had knocked the US off its throne.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Monger

We have been the world's sole superpower for some time and I was unaware that somebody had knocked the US off its throne.

I think they mean is how many of us feel is that being a super power is more than bombs and bullets it's also having the moral high ground. Which under Bush we have taken a beating in world’s opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join