It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (quote) amnesty bill WORST piece if -Snip- EVER!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus24
again, did anybody bother to check that this bill was debated and fail to pass in the Senate? Why are we still arguing on this bill that is long dead???
I'm surprised nobody found that out if they even watched the video

Well, I can't actually watch the video where I am right now, but it's not just one bill. They keep bringing them up over and over no matter how many times the people say no. Then they change a few words and try again. So, in the next year or so we'll probably see another one that's even worse.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by falucho05

My first question is: Who starred your post?

I know I say this too often but please read "The republic" by Plato first, then get back to us and see if you feel the same way afterward.

reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn
Instead of Mexico making Mexico better, the government there actually ENCOURAGES people to come here illegally because it is our dollars, and our medical services, and our education, that suffers the expenditures. And it is our police and border patrol that have to deal with the ridiculous crime rates.

I very much like your view, your shared experience, and insight. Thank you.

Since the elites control the world and the countries, I could how this ties in with Doomsday 2029's theory:

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
Who else is going to be dumb enough to work for the Military Civilian Force?

I now realize that the government needs a whole new group of DUMB (and yes I said it) PEOPLE to take advantage of.

It makes logical sense, especially when one imagines themselves 'in the shoes' of an elite.

Anyway

EDIT: Just realized that obviously the Mexican people are smart, since they are human after all. I do not advocate such generalizations. To stereotype the illegals that way is not fair. If anything, it just proves how smart they actually are to feed off of a better resource!

So again, blame the elites! Not our fellow brethren. Have sympathy and hopefully empathy for those who are brainwashed.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well stupid bull S#*@ like this happens and will continue to happen, and us americans will never do anything about it. All we do is complain to each other and hope that somebody out there fixes the problem, Americans are not organized at all and are afraid of the government. Plane and simple. When is the last time you saw over 900,000 Yes nine hundred thousand americans march in a city demanding closed boarders? I never have, but I have seen 900,000 mexicans marching in L.A. demanding open boarders. How is it that all the mexicans can come here and organize themselves but us americans cant? Im done fighting this battle, If people want to turn southern california into a 3rd world replica of mexico, then be my guess, and yes thats what its turning into, go to some cities in L.A. and it looks nasty, you would think your in mexico. I have tried endlessly on this fight, but I see more americans who want to help them than send them back, well ok then you just let them all come here and stake their mexican flags, Oh and when your daughter gets rapped by an illegal alien gang banger dont come crying to me, your the one who wanted him here.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I've been here legally for 20 years, I'm a political refugee, and I don't get this kind of royal treatment. This is all being pushed through by the same people who pushed through NAFTA, the SPP, and will usher in the NAU.

Exactly! Most of my friends are Immigrants, including some from the War-zones of Africa, which make Mexico and Latin America look like Disney World in comparison. One of them as a matter of fact, is a "Lost Boy" from South Sudan, who had his parents murdered when he was only Six Years Old. He and thousands of other "Lost Boys" Marched 500 Miles to Ethiopia, dying from Starvation, Dehydration, Lion and Crocodile Attacks, as well as Guerilla Forces. Then, when Ethiopia granted the Sudanese Military permission to enter their Territory, the "Lost Boys" were forced to March another 500 Miles into Kenya for Safety and Refuge.

Yet, after ALL of this, the United States only granted Asylum to a Select Minority of these individuals. Not only that, but my "Lost Boy" friend (One of my Best Friends), lost his job to an Illegal Vato. He is amongst the hardest working individuals I have EVER know, but he was given second consideration to an Illegal Border Jumper, all because Illegals never ask any questions in regards to their jobs and included salary.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Old news or not the issues at hand are that the illegals break the law coming in under the table , the only way to stop it is as citizens , Quit itching about it and stand up . The way this country is going in the crapper is too many of these griping citizens just mouth off about it and then wait for someone else to do something about it , If you are an american , you dont want your taxes paying for the house down the road with three families of illegals using our benefits illegally , the only way to do something about it is to stand up and do it . Rules are being changed due to the inactivity , words are a powerful tool only when the people speaking them Stand up for their words. We need to
A) Secure the borders
B) Put the Welfare wallflowers in the jobs that the illegals are doing to keep their checks and benefits .
C) Punish the employers who employ the illegals knowingly and repeatedly .
Greed and sloth are the main factors in the problem and the slothfullness is no ones fault but our own . We have grown fat and lazy and our countries dire condition are the result , Quit sitting around waiting for someone else to do the work .
As a nation we need to regrow the backbone we had when it was being built . Curb the crooked politics and become a nation of the people for the people !!! Sorry will step off the soap box now .

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Wow. You people are really filled with some hate.
In a lot of these posts it's not even about "illegal immigrants" its about mexicans. Whats the next step guys? Kill all mexicans?

Maybe the native americans will step up and kick all you "illegals" out.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

You got it right there.

I was an illegal alien for 25 years. I'm white, speak perfect english and no one could ever guess I wasn't American. I voted, paid taxes, went to college, worked - I led a full life, my status never effected me. I had a social security card, driver's licence, the whole shebang. When my parents first came to America on a tourist visa in 1979 they just went to the local social security office and got cards for themselves and us kids. No one asked, no one cared - We were white and spoke English.

Shortly after 9/11 I was discovered.

The government said I was a felon - I'd voted. But privately they said don't worry, get a lawyer and you'll be fine. So I went to the lawyer who told me for 25K he'd get me a green card and eventual citizenship.

In the end I said to hell with it, I moved back to what to me at the time was a foreign country and got on with living my life. As before I work, pay my taxes, vote, and am a good, productive citizen.

Illegal immigrant conversations on ATS only showcase what illegal immigrant conversations in America as a whole mean.

Illegal=Mexican=Bad

I find that somewhat disturbing.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

"Illegal=Mexican=Bad

I find that somewhat disturbing."

Good to see i'm not the only one.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Did I just hear "North American Union"!?!?!?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Reply to Merigold

You seem to miss the whole point. You clearly relate that you worked, paid taxes and voted... all while being a productive immigrant.

In the end you were charged with a felony and found it necessary to leave the country.

Meanwhile the proposed legislation discussed in this posting will allow those who have broken the law (often perpetually) a “pass” on being charged with a felony ( Entering the country illegally, ACORN, stealing ID's, falsification of SS cards etc), provide them preferred legal help at no charge and put them at the front of the line for an expressed citizenship based on Illegal=Mexican=Not Bad But Better than Others.

I work with incarcerated illegals every day. They openly discuss plans to “get over” on the system and feel they are much more deserving than citizens and other immigrants who work hard, pay taxes and are otherwise productive citizens/guests.

So for those who read this posting and do get it, shouldn't everyone else (legal=citizen=productive) get a pass on traffic tickets, an extra deduction on their taxes and special treatment in all aspects of life because we are productive legal citizens? Haven't we earned it?

This discussion is interesting if you contrast it with the post on ATS yesterday indicating Mexico is in the middle of a civil war.

P.S. BlackKnight7365 Great post.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Marmota monax]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

You know maybe the whole reason the Government is doing this is so that the more people that are in a country, the more people they can tax... The more people they can tax the more money they can waste... Our whole Government has gone to greedy spending...

Or maybe they have some other reason?? Maybe mexico has been planning to go to war with America once more?? Maybe they want to pollute our rivers instead of theirs? U.S. Got scared and said no? Maybe the U.S. is trying to protect these people from pollution?

Im tired of the Government always covering up their crap, why can they not just be men about it, say what they are going to do and do it. Atleast that way if the citizens have a problem with something we can all work together and fight the bill, say not and all that. In the end all of the people that are receiving money from the bail out are getting to walk away with minimal punishment.

Everyone was trying to figure out what the Hudson Plane crash was covering up... the anwser is....

THE AMNESTY BILL

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the latest amnesty bill? I've googled it but can't sort through all the mess to find the actual bill itself. I would like to read it before I comment.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

Yes, that one may have died, but for those who weren't listening Obama mentioned a plan like this several times throughout his campaign, amnesty for illegals...not that the obamanauts were paying attention though. These kind of bill proposals will just bring about the downfall of our country quicker.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by falucho05
They deserve it and I applaud it. I am so glad if a bill like this passes. First of all, those immigrants are no less than you. I understand the tediousness that immigrants had to pass by the Bush Administration. However, Obama is another person, and I would like to see those 12 million people become residents and eventually citizens, as us they have to pay the same bills, work the same way, and it's even harder for them as they cannot even drive a CAR! C'mon, if you're a LEGAL resident and talk # about illegals I hope next time you renew you get kicked out! Why is it that us as Americans must be welcomed everywhere with open arms? When we are soooo strict with our immigration policies. There is enough of everything for everyone. Also, immigration didn't cause the economic mess there is now. So, you envious and stupid brats don't be so self conceited. Because of your egoism is that this country is going down. Where is America the land of freedom??

They are less, they broke a Federal Law on Purpose without and qualms about it. So dont give me that Holier then Thou Crap.
My wife has to go through the long process of Proper Immigration. These fools need to be deported. Im refering to the Congress.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Last thought, why are we not questioning how many illegal alien votes were cast in the recent election? Maybe because if you are Legal=Citizen=Productive you don't count.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marmota monax

Last thought, why are we not questioning how many illegal alien votes were cast in the recent election? Maybe because if you are Legal=Citizen=Productive you don't count.

Or, if I may be so bold as to edit your thought...

Legal=Citizen=Productive=your vote doesn't count near as much as it would have
(do the math)

[edit on 20/1/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Does anyone have a link to the latest amnesty bill? I've googled it but can't sort through all the mess to find the actual bill itself. I would like to read it before I comment.

Anyone??????

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merigold

I was an illegal alien for 25 years. I'm white, speak perfect english and no one could ever guess I wasn't American. I voted, paid taxes, went to college, worked - I led a full life, my status never effected me.

Illegal = I voted = bad

Were you not aware that you didn't have the right to vote? Or that you were illegal?

Do you believe that all those who go the legal route are just chumps? All those who are skilled or unskilled, those who are from really poor countries , those who are standing in line to get into the USA legally are inferior to those who criminally enter and stay in the country?

Your post is pretty brazen.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Mynaeris]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't suppose anyone noticed that video was dated 5 MONTHS AGO? Didn't think so.

PG

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Why does everyone keep mentioning mexicans? Because they are coming into this country the most illegally. The media keeps pushing this number of 12 million, they are so off, it's more like 32 million illegals.

Being a citizen must mean something, if it just a word, then our constitution is dead. Why dont we just cross mexicos border illegaly and enter their country...ooohhh thats right, you would be arrested for breaking their law and jailed, you might be deported after a year or so if you are still alive.

I have been to mexico, its a dirty rat hole except in the tourist areas, its a 3rd world cesspool, corruption reigns, garbage is thrown around like no one cares. Look at the border crossing areas in the desert, they have 1000's of pounds of garbage to clean up from the illegal crossers, they treat our country like they treat their own.

If mexicans are so damn proud of their country, why not stay there and clean it up? Surely you cannot be proud of a cesspool? Are you mexicans or mexicants?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join