It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man refuses to drive 'No God' bus

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegun_go_go

This is outrageous. The man should should be fired or suspended. It is his job to drive the bus - not pass judgement on the advertisements it carries.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

I'd refuse to drive the bus and I'm an athiest
The whole thing was set up by some airheaded bint, who is running this campaign purely because of some "You're going to hell" ad that was on tv. This is not serious, and is going to just create controversity and internet and media wars. I think that girl should just concentrate on being the slightly stupid posh chick at uni.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't believe or disbelieve in God.

But I can understand why someone who truly does believe in God -
wouldn't want to drive a vehicle that states there isn't one...
I wouldn't be crazy about driving a bus that claims there is one.

It's a private matter -
Get it out of politics -
get it off of the bus -
no big crosses in the middle of Texas - or wherever that big cross is...

Keep it in places of worship.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We have to carry money with "in god we trust" and other religious slogans on other countries money... we don't like it, but we put up with it.

This is just the shoe on the other foot...
but this whiny choir boy can't deal with it the other way around.

So, too bad, so sad, get back to work, or get fired.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

This is in Britain, where there is no religious writing on our money.

Mention of the Queen, another famous person depending how much the note is worth and how much it is worth.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by machinegun_go_go

In a world that is losing its hope a sign like that is an abomination.

God gives those with nothing hope. Why do atheists want to take someones hope? Because they have none? They want everyone in the same boat as them?

Atheists have hope, I for one have many hopes and I'm not trying to take anyone's hope, I just would like people to become more tolerant of others.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Originally posted by rjmelter

So... again, why cant Christians go around posting their slander against atheists, it is a clear degrading move is it not? The Atheists have done it, because God is Christian, God is NOT Muslim, so atheists should have said THere is probably no Creator, or Superior being, but nope, they focused on God...

Dont be ignorant,

God is not muslim? You do know that Allah means God right? I mean I would hope you did before spouting that statment and then accusing people of being ignorant.

EXACTLY Mr FINN

ALLAH

Muslims say ALLAH, not God, its the Same concept of a higher power, but God is clearly Christian and not Muslim because muslims do not much like the Christian faith so therefore they will not make reference to its deity (God). In God we Trust, The Ten Commandments...God Protect us, ALL Christian... So you tell me, again, why do muslims say a muslim prayer, and say allah and all of these things. You know exactly what I mean but just want to debate-nothing wrong with that but you know that when they say there is no God, they arent talking about the Muslim God but the Christian one... Be careful...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This has been mentioned before on this thread but i will repeat it for those who have not let it sink in yet. (or ignore it because it does not fit thier agenda)

As a christian, the worst sin that you can commit is denying God. There is no forgiveness for this one.
We are to spread the good news of Jesus, not drive around town displaying a 10 ft banner saying that he may not exist.

It's not a case of him just being offended by the advertisement, he knows how important this sin is and is acting in his own best interests.

You are a long time dead and i would rather spend it in heaven, Wouldn't you?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
He laid his job on the line and stood up for what he believes in. That is about the extent of this story, right?

In a rational world the bus company would just place him in a different bus and forget about it as it causes no harm to anyone. It appears that's what they did.

So whats the point of this thread other than being a forum for people who hate Christians?

So whats the point of the ads on the buses other than something for those who hate people who believe in God to get a thrill out of for some twisted reason?

Why am I encouraging this by posting? I don't know, I must be stupid. Is there a way to post negative flags?

***We now return to the previously scheduled hate fest***

[edit on 1/16/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Right, I've just read through all of this thread, so I'm going to refer to posts starting from page 1...

Originally posted by TheRandom1

...these athiest hate Christians, yes they "claim: that they hate all religions, but that's not true, they have been singling out christianity for forever, they hate us...

Athiests don't 'hate' Christians or any other relgious believers. They may disagree, or in some cases even pity them, but they don't hate them...

Originally posted by heliosprime

God Bless this driver for standing up to the insane evil on his bus...

A difference of opinion is evil now?

Originally posted by Revealation

I wouldn't blame God so much as selfish, self centered and greedy humans for the problems in this world.They are the cause for all the controversy and destruction.

I think you'll find athiests would agree with your point, seeing as how they don't believe in a God and attribute man's faults to man only...

Originally posted by greshnik

Atheists are very, very close to communists. Same mentality, same ruthless ideas...one step from mass murder.

Er, did I hear someone say "The Crusades"? Is that someone at the back shouting "Spanish Inquisition"?

Originally posted by rjmelter

Why should everyone comform to Atheist views?

Why should everyone coform to Christians' views?

LISTEN YOU MODS, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE ONE SIDED HATE OR LEAVE!

Yes Mods, do something about this one sided anti-athiest hate!

To all of you who are complaining about this advert then saying that it's your Christian duty to 'spread the word of God', don't you think that reeks of double standards? By all means spread the word of God, but let those who wish to know Him come to a church if they want to learn more. Why do you think only you should have the right to publicly proclaim your beliefs? Why should you be allowed to bully people into believing? Case in point; one day I was in town with my wife & my daughter (she was about 6 at the time). We come across a group of Christians with banners and a P.A system with one guy screaming about how we would all burn in the fires of hell-ah if we didn't accept the word of God. This upset my child greatly and she was shaking and crying her eyes out. If I was as evil as greshnik thinks I would have kicked the crap out of the guy, but a few choice words were all that was needed as athiests are rational people (something many Christians are not). This is how you go about spreading God's love? Scaring children into agreeing with your beliefs? And athiests are being called evil here? Is it any wonder we treat you hypocrites with disdain sometimes?

My opinion on this whole fiasco is that the guy has every right to be offended, and if he feels so strongly that he can't drive that bus (although what ever happened to 'turn the other cheek'?) then fine, find him another bus to drive that doesn't have the advert. Wouldn't that have solved the problem? I doubt it, because the fact he went squealing to the media at the drop of a hat leads me to believe he is a stubborn attention-seeking anti-athiest bigot...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jon1
This has been mentioned before on this thread but i will repeat it for those who have not let it sink in yet. (or ignore it because it does not fit thier agenda)

As a christian, the worst sin that you can commit is denying God. There is no forgiveness for this one.
We are to spread the good news of Jesus, not drive around town displaying a 10 ft banner saying that he may not exist.

It's not a case of him just being offended by the advertisement, he knows how important this sin is and is acting in his own best interests.

Does the mere act of driving a bus automatically make the driver a sponsor of the ad that's painted on the bus? I don't think so. The driver's job is to drive the bus and that's it, has nothing to do with the ad. As I said earlier he could have simply given a Christian greeting to incoming passengers.

If you were a surgeon would you refuse to perform life-saving surgery on a person with anti-Christian tattoos? If a medical device was invented by an atheist that cures AIDS, would you refuse to use this device to save the lives of millions of people?

You are a long time dead and i would rather spend it in heaven, Wouldn't you?

We atheists believe we cease to exist when we're dead.

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Leto]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

This ad was in RESPONSE to THIS...

From today's launch, two hundred of the buses will run in London, because the campaign was originally started as a positive counter-response to the Jesus Said ads running on London buses in June 2008. These ads displayed the URL of a website which stated that non-Christians "will be condemned to everlasting separation from God and then you spend all eternity in torment in hell … Jesus spoke about this as a lake of fire prepared for the devil".

Original Article/Source

Your words seem hypocrytical don't they?

A simple response to a christian fear campaign.

[edit on 16/1/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

athiest hate Christians, yes they "claim: that they hate all religions, but that's not true, they have been singling out christianity for forever, they hate us, not because of anything other than for the fact that they just hate theidea that what they do here on earth could effect them for eternity, they don't like that idea of resposibility.

Atheists don't hate Christians and they don't hate religion. An atheist is someone who simply doesn't believe in deities.

You don't have to believe in immortality or deities to be a decent person. You don't have to fear punishment or wrath to be a decent person. I say better is the person who does good for the good of it rather than doing good for fear of being punished or not rewarded.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I want to applaud the lad who stood up for what he felt was the right thing for him to do.

I also want to say what a stupid idea it is to put bulletins on a bus that support a faith matter either way.

We should not claim we are a country of God (we surely arent) and we should not have such things on our money.

I think others are right, the next war is going to be believers and non believers trying to make their claims as truths. I hope this doesnt happen, but there are prideful pupils on both sides of the fence that cant wait to debate with the others that they are right and everyone else is just dumb.

Agree to disagree and dont let others force you to be a robot. With faith or without faith. We all have a birth right....we all have a choice to have faith that others might not understand and we all have a choice to also see this faith stuff as ridiculous, stupid, ignorant....those are just a few words I often see posted from BOTH sides of the fence.

I dont think I would drive a bus period that supported a 'belief' either way. For once, I get to call something stupid here at ATS....whose brilliant idea was that anyways. Who sat around and said....'how can we really stir up the public'....lets take the two most contriversial subjects and posts them right on the outside of buses..........STUPID.

Atheist many times are the ones fighting for free speech and the right to ones own choice....so back this up a little will ya...

LV

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
I dont think I would drive a bus period that supported a 'belief' either way. For once, I get to call something stupid here at ATS....whose brilliant idea was that anyways. Who sat around and said....'how can we really stir up the public'....lets take the two most contriversial subjects and posts them right on the outside of buses..........STUPID.

Atheist many times are the ones fighting for free speech and the right to ones own choice....so back this up a little will ya...

LV

Read Nerbot's post, just two posts before yours for the answer to your question.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sotp

Great post

I think (some) religious folk noisily proselytizing about their opinions then having the effrontery to openly criticise a point of view that doesn't agree with their agenda smacks of hypocrisy.
If a person wants to beleive then fine - just realise that everybody doesn't agree and don't complain when others share their opinions.
Regarding 'religious advertising' I was reminded of this quote regarding bell ringing:

The act of bellringing is symbolic of all proselytizing religions. It implies the pointless interference with the quiet of other people. ~Ezra Pound

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Leto

HI Leto,

Thanks for that clarification....Im not surprised that the religious acts started this whole thing. Though I am spiritual, Im claim no religion for this very reason. I agree religions should not be pushed, but also, they should be allowed in their own rightful space, which is homes and churches or areas of land that the masses are in agreement to believe the same thing.

LV

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
i hope his wife and kids are happy if he loses his job with millions on the dole and not to many jobs to go around.. i hope his wife and kids are happy when the bank takes his home ..

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I would like to see where a 'bus driver' should sign on the dotted line that since one drives their bus, they must be a part of such absurd propaganda.

The ones making the decisions to do such things on these public buses should apologize to all that drove the buses....for being used as puppets for others beliefs.

Is there a law suits in all of this?

The bus company should not of agreed to such things....can I say it again?? This is stupid on the part of the ones that run these buses and knowing they are placing them on the streets of the masses who all carry different beliefs.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Can I just point out that a large portion of this thread had been christian bashing, christians believe christ was the son of god, the Jews believe in god as well, as do the muslims, they call him allah, remember? its all the same guy! I think this guy had the right to refuse to drive this bus if he was a devout follower of god, but where did the christian thing come into play??

[edit on 16-1-2009 by derangedinsanity]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
[edit on 16 Jan 2009 by schrodingers dog]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join