It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did my ExHusband enroll our teenage son in a cult?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I had written "Help me save him! But how?"

This got me thinking...since the time of my son's early childhood I have always supported the school/administration regarding their negative insight regarding my son. I've done exactly what these geniuses said I should, went through programs, programs and more programs. I think what I should have done was support my son soley instead of putting one ounce of faith in the school administration, social services and therapies. What a follower parent I've been. For what, for it to come to this. My God, I thought I was following smart people who knew what to do. They don't, they are lost themselves and their schools, social services and clinics are in decay.

I think I will only fully support my son for a change. I think it may blow his mind. There is little time before too much damage is done and our relationship and his spiritual being and promise to learn compassion, understanding and real love is gone. A school such as this, so extreme, and this late in his life, will only seal his hatred and contempt for all us confused and hypocritical adults.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm calling BS on this one. And here is why:

Originally posted by Key-Minder
...my former spouse of 15 years, who is currently an Active Duty E-9 SEAL

...His father had to have a titanium plate put in his eye - he hit him very hard. ...

His father is a Navy seal, but he couldn't defend himself against a 17 year old boy in "hand to hand combat"? I don't buy it.

You aren't telling the whole story here, and people that don't tell the whole story tell a lie by omission.

Bad troll is bad.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 30 Seconds
every religion is a cult. people just stop calling a religion a cult when it goes mainstream.

Can't realy disagree with you there -when looked at objectively theres not one bit of difference.
As Tom Woolfe (probably one of America's finest authors) said:
"A cult is a religion with no political power."

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Yeah, um... those aren't things that a real school can say if they get any funding...
It sounds really weird. I would actually contact authorities for an investigation.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NoHopeForSome

You couldn't have said it any better when you wrote, "Religion shouldn't be sold to you, it should find you."

I think his father threw him in this fundamentalist, intolerant, extremist, christian cult out of spite. I say this because he isn't even a religious man but he knows his son makes fun of my religion and can't stand christians or religions in general. I've spoken up about my new found christian religion once and a while, but for the most part it is a private journey as I have discovered how confusing most religions, including christianity, are for the most part. I've had discussions with my son about Jesus Christ and I've treaded pretty lightly in these discussions. Both my son and my ex have made fun of my belief in Christ. (Until a few years ago I was agnostic and always had been.) Now the bible and Christ is being shoved down his throat spewing a distorted messages of such hatred and contempt for others and I fear this will solidify his dislike for Christ and the religion even further. If this had been a traditional military academy or a secular bootcamp where our son could have followed his spiritual path at his own progression, it would have been different. His father enrolling him in this particular school, again, really seems to be out of spite and was done with a severe lack of insight.

M157, sharing your personal story is very encouraging. Peace back to you and thank you.

MrAlphabet, It would be nice if what you say holds true, that was beautifully written - good insight.

Thanks again to everyone and I'm sorry if I've skipped you - This is totally off topic but I've got a lot on my mind on top of being sick. I've missed 4 days of work so far, no paid sick days, bills are piling up, literally being worked to the physical breaking point at work, drama at work with idiots stocking antibiotics illegally, shots being given to animals illegally, (I work at a Humane Society which has become seriously overcrowded due to the unaffordability of keeping a pet.) and me being the whistleblower, may have to contend with being let go, then what? There are few jobs out there. Then I've got this court date in March to contend with, that I waited months and months for, trying to gain custody of our confused and rebellious teenage daughter who's father appears to be more interested in his war games, hunting and girlfriend, who btw is my old next door neighbor and previous friend, than he is in her, and now a son being held against his will in a fundamentalist christian, intolerant, hater's cult and I was never notified, no participation was necessary, until he was already there. This custody dispute is mind numbing, it takes so long, months and months, and then another date is set, and then months and months go by once again. All the while, through this red-taped elastic time in between waiting for our grossly obese, unpersonal and lethargic court system to kick in, allows for serious damage to accrue in each citizen's personal lives who are only seeking justice. I'm sick of paying for the mistakes ignorant people make. I'm tired of being told no, tired of being pushed around. And then when I put my foot down and say I won't pay for these mistakes anymore, mistakes other people make that I have to live with, I'm ostracised for it. It seems most people would prefer to live with their heads up their ass instead of seeking truth and fairness.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Consider this. You have a posting ID. Why? To remain anonymous I imagine. For the life of me I can't believe you would be stupid enough to try to bait me to reveal a name or my location in order to check the status of my credibility regarding my thread. My God, it's not like I'm saying I was visited by aliens last night who told me the world was ending soon. I tell you what. If you give me your name and address, I'll come down and check the credibility of who you are as a legitimate mouth on this board and not a mere troll yourself. Go poop on someone else's thread. Thanks in advance.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Whois data on Heratigeboysacademy.com

Note the bolding is mine.
============================

Registrar: FastDomain Inc.
Provider Name....: BlueHost.Com
Provider Whois...: whois.bluehost.com
Provider Homepage: www.bluehost.com...

Domain Name: HERITAGEBOYSACADEMY.COM

Created on..............: 2005-08-24 07:09:30 GMT
Expires on..............: 2009-09-07 06:06:12 GMT
Last modified on........: 2007-10-12 12:52:09 GMT

Registrant Info: (FAST-12804620)

Clayton Maynard
P.O. Box 10064
Panama City, Florida 10064
United States
Phone: +1.8509131844
Fax..: +1.8017651992
Email: [email protected]
Last modified: 2006-11-19 19:17:16 GMT

Administrative Info: (FAST-12804620)

Clayton Maynard
P.O. Box 10064
Panama City, Florida 10064
United States
Phone: +1.8509131844
Last modified: 2006-11-19 19:17:16 GMT

Technical Info: (FAST-12785240)
Attn: heritageboysacademy.com 1,500 GB Storage and 15,000 Monthly Bandwidth.
BlueHost.com- INC
1215 North Research Way Suite #Q 3500
** FREE DOMAIN REGISTRATION **
Hosting plans starting at ONLY $6.95 per month -
Orem, Utah 84097
United States
Phone: +1.8017659400
Last modified: 2008-04-03 22:35:44 GMT

Domain servers in listed order:

NS8.VODAHOST.COM
NS7.VODAHOST.COM
========================================

According to their website they've been around since 1995.
Domain created on 2005.

Hopefully that should provide enough info for you to investigate if you desire.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Their domain may have only been around since 2005 simply because they only just decided to make a web site... I mean, with church things like that I bet that a lot of people going/being sent there are in contact with the church group that is running the place either directly or through word of mouth. Hence why there wouldnt be much need for a web site up until 2005.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You have a guardian ad lidem. Call them. Let them know your concerns and especially that the child was taken out of state. The court will be very interested in this recent development.

Most states are eager to blast any "Christian" influence out of a child's life so tell the guardian ad lidem. Let them know that this out of state school your child was secreted away to in the wee hours of the morning is a religious bootcamp.

Plant in their mind that you fear your son's aggressive tendencies are being refined there and that he's being "trained" for some "jihad" type indoctrination. That should get their attention. He should be home by supper time.

Best of luck to you and your family.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The school tips their end when they state "other cults", hehe...

every religion is a cult. people just stop calling a religion a cult when it goes mainstream.

While I agree with the sentiment...there are distinct differences...
Cults discourage any contact with those not of the cult, typically believe in communal property (except for cult leaders), and practice more severe brainwashing techniques (such as diet, lack of sleep, etc.) than religions...

As for this school, I'd be more than concerned, I'd be doing what I could to not only convince him of another school, but provide him with EVERYTHING he needs to quickly get him in another military school you've investigated. Make it easy for him, and it will go a long way towards facilitating the transfer, for the kid's sake...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Key-Minder

Dear Key-Minder,

This is in response to your op. We cannot save anyone, it doesn't work that way. We choose to be saved. We go through life, take some hits and learn to forgive. I am a pacifist, a Christian, come from a military family and was Navy ROTC, I was actually approved for a commission in the Air Force. More than one Bronze Star in my family (not me, I never went in, God stopped it I believe).

You said something in your op, you said you don't go to church because they confuse the message. Many, maybe even most in these present times; but, it hasn't hurt you. You choose to continue to learn for yourself. If you live your life in an honorable manner (doesn't matter that you were not perfect) and do so consistently then your son will see the difference it has made in your life and know that he can always make a better choice.

Let me put it another way. If we have true faith then it will change the way we live, we will actually want to forgive, express love and live a life of service to others. You know what, after seeing that for a decade or two, people do know that there is a better way. Be an example is the best you can do. Be well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join