It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
Yea I like the way they do it in those so called backward countries, they just get the person chop of head right then, or arm , leg what ever, taken care of biz.

Yeah, the head chopping thing works. I have been to countries that do it that way, and the people are pretty darn safe and civilized. Of course the head chopping is a product of their overall belief system, their culture and standards. But nevertheless it works. They may turn out the odd crazy, but the one strike rule means they do not have many repeat offenders.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

HOUSTON – A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye and told authorities he ate it.

Andre Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

Wow, I guess the authorities didn't see that one coming.

The eyes of Texas are upon you, don't eat them.

Then of course there's, "If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Now if he had plucked his eyes out BEFORE being convicted of murder and sentenced to death I would have believed him to be insane.

Just like the guys who smear poop all over their cell - they certainly didn't do that at home.

Animals don't like being caged.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I can see this guy getting off the death penalty and getting weekend passes... We are talking about the U.S. justice system right?

Then I can see it...(he can't)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
its interesting how these people posting seem to some how know how a person like this thinks,very perplexing.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
People who commit crimes that are punishable by death, in my opinion, are the epitome of "insane". Remember, a behavioral disorder is one of many things that is listed in the DSM for Mental Disorders, so just about anything can get you a label of 'insane'.

In this case, however, it is as much a stunt as anything.

I don't support the death penalty...but it is the law and i support the law.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow, this story is so death metal.

I can understand helping the insane, but this guy really needs to be put to death. Psychopaths have absolutely no reasoning, and they usually kill for the sake of being able to. Most of the time they'll usually be extremely brutal in their executions, so I think that there really is no point on these people even existing if they're only going to try and kill the living.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I can't imagine this guy being even remotely sane. I don't know what to think about this case... except to say it is one of the strangest things I have read in a while.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Some of you people are just as "bad" and "evil" as he is. I read a thread today about holocaust denial and a guy said to the denier something like "if only I could meet you in a dark alley after a few beers". You are just as bad yourself when you say how bad others are. In that case, he's no better than the nazi's he appearntly hates so much. No one knows this person, his past, his true mental health, nothing, yet you have no problems saying I hope he eats more of himself and suffers. He does a violent act, and you attack back with words calling him evil and whatever else. All you "good" people out there can join him.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You said: "Typical american, violence is in all your souls."

Americans are really a cross section of the world population. You might consider writing "Typical human, violence is in all your souls."

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I had a incounter with what you would call crazy person, but it was like this person was possessed, I came in and was holding them down so they won't hurt theirself.
I was fighting with this person just to hold, not harm, I started to recite the Lords Prayer just in my mind, the person strangely calmed down for a minute anyhow. The only part that was missing, is when you know their head starts to spin in circles.
When the cops got there it took seven of them to put in straight jacket, it's a wonder those punks didn't shoot them to gain control.
They did that to one crazy here, he was nuts but had knife, had not hurt any one, they killed that guy, could of just blown off a couple of knee caps.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

That's what I ask the Pastor at church oneday. The supposed bad man kills sopposed good man , supossed goodmen kill supossed bad man. Question what is difference?

I also found out the way people act, a reason is behind it, if it's some one did this to them or they never learned something.
When my daughter was young I would sit and explain things to her for hours, only thing is I think I over did it, now she tells me what to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

In the case for an insanity defense it is not a matter of whether the person is "odd" or not, It is their rationale, the ability to know what is right and wrong as you put.

As long as this guy passes that test, he is no different than a serial killer that knows killing the innocent is wrong.

Don't get me wrong the guy is insane in my book. His psyche is out of wack on multiple scales, But if he knows what he is doing is wrong, then I can only hold the guy responsible. Does he need help? of course. Will he accept help? I doubt it. And therein lies the problem, his choice, his fate.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
In Texas at least as I was told if a man walks In his house and finds his wife having sex with another man he can kill both of them and never go to jail.
Now I need to ckeck out this law and if is true, move to Texas and find my wife a boy friend.
My second choice would move to Alaska there is a shortage of women there, I could probably pawn her off on someone . Might have to pay alimony that way though.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by googolplex]

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

In Texas at least as I was told if a man walks In his house and finds his wife having sex with another man he can kill both of them and never go to jail.
Now I need to ckeck out this law and if is true, move to Texas and find my wife a boy friend.
My second choice would move to Alaska there is a shortage of women there, I could probably pawn her off on someone . Might have to pay alimony that way though.

Errmm....realize dude...murder is one thing. Becoming a serial killer...well...take note of the word SERIAL...as in repeated...avoiding prosecution...sentient...not all that dumb...

Don't kill anyone. It will not end well for you. : )

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

There are people in this world who have to do the dirty work because people like you can't stomach it. If it weren't for these people then people like you couldn't live in your happy little bubblegum life where no one harms anyone and the people who do the dirty work of protecting you are just scum you have to live with but try and pretend that they don't exist.

Sadly we live in the real world where evil people do bad things. Until you come up with a way of fixing these people, they need to be put out of their, and everyone elses misery.

The man killed children and you want to protect him???

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

The big question would insurancs company give me a hard time. When you talk about the serial part I know she likes those frosted mini wheats.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Dude, you scare me. That's all I have to say to you.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Daz3d-n-Confus3d

You should live where I do it's hard not trip over a body when you walk down the street, They found one girl behind my house, they riped out all her finger nails before they kiled her. Then was the meat truck park down the steet everyone in hood had meat when cops checked truck had dead fresh meat in side, I think they put him in there so he wouldn't go bad right away.

Just walked out front their shooting righ now, cops won't come, if they do it's about two hours later when it dies down.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Remember, a behavioral disorder is one of many things that is listed in the DSM for Mental Disorders, so just about anything can get you a label of 'insane'.

Is this what they teach now in Psych 101? That anyone can be insane according to the DSM? There sure is a great many mental health "experts" on this thread that say some very uninformed things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join