It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Texas death row inmate pulls out eye, eats it

news.yahoo.com

HOUSTON – A Texas death row inmate with a history of mental problems pulled out his only good eye and told authorities he ate it.

Andre Thomas, 25, was arrested for the fatal stabbings of his estranged wife, their young son and her 13-month-old daughter in March 2004. Their hearts also had been ripped out. He was convicted and condemned for the infant's death.

While in the Grayson County Jail in Sherman, Thomas plucked out his right eye before his trial later in 2004. A judge subsequently ruled he was competent to stand trial.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This has got to be one of the most bizarre stories I have seen in a while. The guy plucked out his right eye 4 years ago while awaiting trial. Then this week he plucked out his left eye and ate it as well.

I don't have a problem with the death penalty per se....but how is it that obviously insane people are simply left on deathrow without treatment for years? I have read that it is not uncommon for seriously mentally ill people to be locked up in regular prisons and they simply cannot conform to the expected standards of behavior.

How is it possible that this guy was NOT considered insane?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hopefully it got infected and hurt like hell.

JbT

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The problem is Precedence here.

If anyone who commits evil murders like this was able to just pluck an eye out and avoid the death penalty in replacement for a insane home the system would be flawed.

This is an evil sole, that imo, needs to be purged.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Silence of the Lambs anyone??

This is truly a disturbing story. He apparently used only his bare hands.

I hope some gave him one hell of a squirt of Bactine in his eye. Although, I seriously doubt that he would feel the sting.

Scary to think that these types of people exist. Luckily he is where he should be.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Saw your arm off with a pocket knife to escape being trapped in a boulder, break your leg and sever it with a rock to escape being pinned in the middle of nowhere, cut your arm off with a farming tool to prevent being pulled into the thresher, pop an eye out to avoid the death penalty.

Of those things, one is completely assinine. Guess which?

Though, if he truly isnt insane, gouging ones own eye out takes an awful lot of moxie.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah... mental probs or not... What he did to his family was sick.
he needs to be punished.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Keep in mind he did it twice. To BOTH eyes. Plus he cut his victims hearts out and carried them around in his pocket for a while. Then he turned himself in at the local police station.

If that does not prove insanity, well I can't imagine what would.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Typical american, violence is in all your souls. One can be never sure if thats the way to treat those people,a s there are as many murderers walking around on the outside, getting away with whatever they do, all there lifes.

How is he any different than a government official who wants to destroy a families life, by say putting a kid into care. No real difference, just that most murderers are walking free.

He will pay for his crimes, but most people will not, especially female murderers.

link   

Originally posted by JbT
The problem is Precedence here.

If anyone who commits evil murders like this was able to just pluck an eye out and avoid the death penalty in replacement for a insane home the system would be flawed.

This is an evil sole, that imo, needs to be purged.

How would a precendence be set if this person had a mental disorder? There's a little more to being clinically mentally ill than taking out your eye, give psychologists some credit. So no person who is legitamatly mentally ill should be considered ill because it might set an example for healthy people? interesting..

link   
I don't know why anyone would choose insane asylum over death...

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Blind Justice anyone????? had to say it!!!. This guy should be put in a cell with no food and see what else he decides to devour. Makes me wonder how nuts the ex-wife was to have married this psycho!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Blind Justice anyone????? had to say it!!!. This guy should be put in a cell with no food and see what else he decides to devour. Makes me wonder how nuts the ex-wife was to have married this psycho!!

Zindo

A vision of Hot Dogs for lunch just popped into my head. Oh.. I have been reading to much.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Parts of your post made almost as sick as the op. You are very negative.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I got a theory. Does anyone read comic books. I do. Well in the comic Thor, Thor rips his eyes out in order to obtain the Odin force. The Odin force was the power his father had to create the world. Maybe he thought that he would get the power if he did this too. Just a comical thought. It is still really disturbing.

JbT

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Keep in mind he did it twice. To BOTH eyes. Plus he cut his victims hearts out and carried them around in his pocket for a while. Then he turned himself in at the local police station.

If that does not prove insanity, well I can't imagine what would.

What he did was pull out one eye before his trial, trying to use that as a insane claim on his case. They didnt fall for it then

Then, he relises hes getting closer to the chair, and pulls out the other eye in a last ditch effort to prove his is insane to avoid the chair again.

No sympathy from me.

Come one people. your falling for this evil persons games. Hes just trying to prolong his life, his celebrity, his self fulfilled destiny, for as long as he can. He does not want this to end just yet, even if he is blind. He knows, that when he is dead, so is this story, and his legacy.

Dont fall for his games. This man is not insane. In fact, I bet he is more cunning and wise than some if not most.

[edit on 9-1-2009 by JbT]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't think he's insane..
He should have quit while he was ahead though after he plucked his one eye out before/during his trial to prove insanity (didn't work then either).
He obviously is looking at it as "what can i do to get out of this". Which in turn shows he has understanding of what he is doing, what he has done, and what is coming.
Just my opinion of course.

edit: jbt, we think too much alike! Scary!

[edit on 1/9/2009 by justme2]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
An eye for an eye?

There are some things we just don't need to know about. Prisons are probably worse than insane asylums. I can't understand why these people aren't medicated better so they don't make everyone else sick who have to deal with them. I've heard they already put 'something' in their water.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
can't we just off the guy?
why even have someone like this on death row?
Just off him, why are so many people against it?
The entire universe is better off without this scumbag, just off him.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
That guy is nuts and they should just kil him put him and a buch of others out of misery at same time. Some one that crazy is not safe for anyone to be around including his self. Just put bullel in head and say he tried to escape, end of story.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join