It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Highway Markers In Wyoming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
While traveling through Wyoming recently I noticed some odd little signs. These signs were the same size color of a common mile marker sign, however there seemed to be no pattern or spacing between them i.e. every mile, 1/4 mile etc.
The highway I noticed them on is US-20/WY-789 between the towns of Shoshoni, and Thermopolis.
I've lived in and around Wyoming for many years, and I've never seen these types of signs before.

These signs were located on the left side of the highway, and although visible, were hard to distinguish.

Below is my best attempt with paint to visualize them for you.
The markings to the right of the L seemed to vary from square shapes to other unknown symbol type markings.

I should have stopped and taken an actual picture.

Any ideas as to what these signs are?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I would be interested to know as well. I have never seen anything like that myself.

I used to tour across the country and have never seen anything like that in the year or so i drove.

Does anyone know of a register of highway signs?

I will try wikipedia!

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
These I beleive are signs for military vehicles for when they travel through the US when martial law gets implemented. Average citizen doesnt know what they mean but Uncle Sam does.....

maybe should remove them to confuse him abit

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
These I beleive are signs for military vehicles for when they travel through the US when martial law gets implemented. Average citizen doesnt know what they mean but Uncle Sam does.....

maybe should remove them to confuse him abit

I found this site doing a quick search on scroogle using the following keywords: "martial law" highway markers. The link details nearly identical sighting from a blogger in Canada (although the markers are on backs of signs?). The mark described by OP with the four rectangles in a vertical array is featured, albeit without the "L".

OP or anyone else in Wyoming, any pics? I hate to mention the obvious, but if these markers are new does anyone think it's eerie in light of the Yellowstone talk (super-volcanic explosion) and/or the upcoming inauguration (and continuous claims that our incoming President's not "natural-born")?

It's time's like this that I really begin to question what our gov't knows in conjunction with what what we're not being told.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by bulgari20]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Check out this thread I made back in 2006, could it have anything to do with the unusual signs?

theeyesbehind.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, those signs are almost identical. :\ umm..

Knock em down...all of them..

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Tacmars is what what I was/am thinking they are.

The area where I saw them is quite desolate, and unpopulated though.

The topography of this area seems to be similar to that of the mountains of Afghanistan.

With the inability of the usaInc. army to seize control of this type of terrain, and the fact that usaInc. has plans to destroy our once great Republic, I'm thinking it might be time to go back home, and prepare.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Just found the following link to an old ATS thread -

Secret Military Codes in our roadsigns

and heres another one-
Secret Military Code found hidden in our road signs

The United Nations military has plans to become the cop soldiers of the world. Unknown to the general populace, a "Rapid Deployment" force stands ready to enter U.S. borders at the request of the President of the United States during a national emergency. They will perform "peacekeeping" operations such as evacuations, rounding up dissenters, confiscating firearms and incuring facilities and sites for military use. These forces are laced with foreign troops that do not speak english. Therefore, as a tactical advance, all nations have been secretly revamping their roads sign systems to conform to an international standard under the guise of the WTO. It is our belief that these signs and reflective markers "TACMARS" on the backs of many signs are coded to target vital sites, facilities and resources to be confiscated and used by these troops.

For many years now, under the guidance of federal and local managers, every city, town and village in the U.S. has been covertly set up by manipulating and using our sign system to target and mark vital sites, facilities and resources for confiscation and seizure by the military."

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
For what its worth, a side note:

Interstate Fences

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
Wow, those signs are almost identical. :\ umm..

Knock em down...all of them..

-NewSense-: Was this directed at my post? I can't U2U yet and even though I've lurked for awhile before creating an account I still don't have the proper "link" etiquette/addressing others down. I apologize in advance if I've done something wrong (I loathe forum-abuse) and may have jumped the gun on ATS etiquette just so I could get a link out there.

If directed at me, I thought the rectangles did look alike. If not directed at me, chalk it up to my paranoia.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It looks like a pictoral description of a railway platform and boxcars! Owell, must be because I just read the FEMA orders shackles in boxcars, thread.

Incidentally, if the country went 'strange' due to mass hypnosis-or something- and there were just a bunch of military trucks out rounding people up to send to camps--these signs in this scenario would be quite helpful to them.

So..... is this highway paralleling (sp) a railway?

Really, I don't know, can't guess at what the signs are. Just popped in my head.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by HugmyRek]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The Highway does indeed parallel a railway line.

I'm making some calls back home later today to try and find more information, perhaps get a friend to go take some pics as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Very interesting thread. Thanks OP.

Did you happen to notice the topography of the area/road where these signs were located? I know some SAC sites used to use the highways to park B52's (heard about this out in Arizona) and that sign sort of looked like a parking grid.

Anywho - good stuff. I'll keep my eyes on this one

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
look on the back and see if they have USDOT or some other market. was this a federal or state hwy?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
re the black van....a cloaking device methinks....doubt he made the jump to light speed on the hwy.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here is a link to some pics, and a google map showing the topography of the area where i saw these signs.

Boysen State Park

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well, one of the largest highways in Wyoming is the Lincoln Highway, and it's markers have an "L" on it, the "L" is for Lincoln, which is the name of the Highway.

This is probably the highway you were on, and what you were seeing.

I'm sure the odd-spacing you noticed is just because you were drunk or something.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by taserman
I'm sure the odd-spacing you noticed is just because you were drunk or something.

are you serious? Good Lord, i hope not!

I lived in Laramie for a year, and never saw anything like that. Wyoming is well known for TONS of billboards...but the roadsigns were always the same as down here in Texas.

Could it be a gradient warning, or perhaps a notification of a gravel stop for runaway trucks?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by taserman
Well, one of the largest highways in Wyoming is the Lincoln Highway, and it's markers have an "L" on it, the "L" is for Lincoln, which is the name of the Highway.

This is probably the highway you were on, and what you were seeing.

Official Lincoln Highway sign shown here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join