It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Ordered 102,000 Boxcars With Shackles!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I call BS and hoax on these damned railcar stories. I've worked for the railroad for 17 years, hauled hundreds if not THOUSANDS of these freight cars around. They haul automobiles. The "shackles" that everyone refers to are the chains/cable systems that hold the autos in place. The so-called "guillotines" are nothing but the vertical doors on the car ends designed to keep thieves and other miscreants OUT of the cars.
There are the single cars which hold approx 12-15 autos depending on deck configuration. Then there are the newer articulated cars like the BNSF ones in the last picture, those carry approximately double that amount with some additional deck space in the middle straddling the center truck (wheels). Articulation is quite the rage these days in the railcar industry as it eliminates slack in the train (the small amount each car will move individually before "pulling" the next car) which in turn eliminates wear on parts and potential train separations.
I certainly don't trust the government any, but I know what these cars are used for and it isn't hauling people around.
Flame on.

Additional Information (Greenbrier now owns Gunderson):
www.gbrx.com...
www.gbrx.com...
www.popularmechanics.com...

Further info:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.american-rails.com...
freightcar.com...
auto.howstuffworks.com...
www.absoluteastronomy.com...

[edit on 7-1-2009 adding more sources]

[edit on 7-1-2009 by md11forever]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by md11forever

Thank you, I am sure someone with tiny mind syndrome will challenge you to your employment.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
reply to post by md11forever

Thank you, I am sure someone with tiny mind syndrome will challenge you to your employment.

Hehe. I certainly expect it.

Unfortunately for them I am not going to scan in my engineer's card for them to see.
I'll just say that I have worked on four different properties and am now on the Canadian National's former Wisconsin Central territory (we got acquired in 2001).
The paychecks will keep showing up regardless of if people here believe me or not.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They're gonna have to create a better idea of scariness to help those in need of useless junk to feed on.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

102,000 boxcars at what cost? At a conservative $200,000 each, that would be about $24 billion dollars. FEMA's entire budget is significantly less.

Guillotines? For what? Who uses guillotines? A messy execution? Bush still trying to get a-head?

This post is complete nonsense.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
I'm not discounting the fact that these boxcars are real but IF they are for new car transport then why are there no pictures to show this? Surely this is not secret information that can't be photographed. I would like to see pictures with cars being loaded into them.
And why would FEMA need these "auto" transporting boxcars? Are they going to be going in "auto" transport business?
Why are they being stored in remote areas? Shouldn't they be transporting "autos" if that's what they are for?

Get on google earth and zoom in on Port of Los Angles there is a virtual graveyard of brand new cars sitting at the port. I saw some pics of it last year and it was building up everyday they had an area several acres long just packed. There is also the samething on the east coast but not sure of the ports where it is over there. That would be the why of the "auto" box cars being stored.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Michelle129

Perhaps people are seeing them abandoned or in odd rural places because there are not as many cars to be transported these days...

I was just thinking the same thing. With the auto industry completely crumbling right now, no one is buying cars. With no one buying cars, there's no need to transport them from ports or manufacturers. As a result, they would not be needed. The downside with train cars is that you can't just let them sit in populated areas because they'd block the train cars that do need to get through. Rural places where there are extra tracks seem like an obvious choice for storage of train cars that aren't needed. FEMA could probably use aircraft that aren't being currently used for the same purpose if you think about it. There are thousands of perfectly good aircraft sitting at out-of-the-way airports because they don't need them right now.

It's something to think about.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpg131313
The downside with train cars is that you can't just let them sit in populated areas because they'd block the train cars that do need to get through. Rural places where there are extra tracks seem like an obvious choice for storage of train cars that aren't needed.

You are exactly correct. Railroads will store assets (freight cars) at remote locations rather than clog up busier terminals and yards. I know that in northern Wisconsin there are a number of little-used sidings stuffed with storage cas. In another example, a few years back we stuffed 150+ BRAND NEW coal hoppers onto a spur in the middle of nowhere for storage. Seems the utility company that owned them didn't need them immediately and wanted to take the tax write-off for storing them.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Who even makes shackles these days? I know there are a few specialty manufacturers who make awesome chrome handcuffs for happily married couples. (How do I know this? I have used the Internet for more than five minutes.)

But is there a high-volume shackle manufacturer out there jumping up and down because they scored a huge government contract? Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Originally posted by nataylor

Originally posted by Muundoggie
I'm not discounting the fact that these boxcars are real but IF they are for new car transport then why are there no pictures to show this? Surely this is not secret information that can't be photographed. I would like to see pictures with cars being loaded into them.

Are you saying you've never seen car-carrier train cars in general, or are you referring to these specific train cars?

Cause there's a place I drive by frequently where they offload cars from trains to ship out to local dealers. There are plenty of these car-carrier train cars there.

Google Maps Street View

Google Maps

[edit on 7-1-2009 by nataylor]

I completely believe these are car carriers as I have seen the older ones at the NUMMI plant in Fremont CA. I am trying to help the believers that think they are Human transport cars with some photo proof. I just find it hard to believe that no one has as yet taken a picture with cars in them. We got pics (supposedly) of UFOs, aliens, sea creatures, but no picture of cars in these carriers. Odd to say the least.
Those rail cars don't look anything like the FEMA cars though. So I would really like some actual photographic proof.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I have just recently been reading the whats going on yellowstone board....then read this one.
in a way i have to say that the gov...would have something ready in the case of a big disaster. they need to put the "uprisers" down...as many as they can.
of course, no one is going to be happy with the gov if something unexpected (or even expected) happens, and of course some people will be angry an ol uncle sam...think big people.....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Civilian Federal Inmates are broken into 6 categories, home custody, community custody, minimum (low) security, medium security, high security (maximum) and Super Maximum Security. Community custody inmates are kept on Navy, Air Force and Army Bases in segregated portions of the camp. They live in converted dormitories with unlocked doors, and have free roam of a section of the base during non-work hours, except for the six official counts a day when they either have to be in their rooms, or at their work station. It is called community custody because many of them are bussed daily without shackles or guards to smaller satellite military facilities to work in mostly menial jobs for a dollar a day. The rest of the time they are free to utilize the same type of recreation available to the Military personnel on the base, are often fed the same food the Military Officers on the base are, and if they have serious skills that can be used sometimes even given command of military work details and security clearances. It’s what’s known as Club Fed, and if you are a non violent offender, with 10 years or less to serve, and are giving that type of facility recommendation at sentencing that is where they place you. I highly recommend it for anyone who has a wife and five kids, and can’t get a wood be robber to shoot you!

while i have no knowledge one way or the other on rex-84 or whatever it is, i can say that at least one part of this post is garbage. (sorry...) There are no prisoner camps on military bases with the exception of "restricted" barracks which consist of military servicemen who have found themselves under NJP Punishment for doing somehting dumb. i have been stationed on/ a guest of multitudes of military bases from Chambers field, Langley AFB, Keesler AFB, NAS Fallon, NAS Oceana, FT Eustis, Little Creek, NAS Pensicola, Jaxonville, Camp David, NAS Bahrain, Naples, Rota, even Jebel Ali in Dubai (its called the sand box, not much of a military staion... lol)

there are NO US civilian prisoners of any security on any military base.

and on the pictures... i have been digging and digging. unless the US contracted for several different versions of these doom cars, there seems to be a discontinuity amongst exactly which cars have the shackles. Some of the pictures i saw were pictures of FEMA emergency trailers like the ones i seen in Biloxi right after katrina (and are still there with people still in em.... :barf
others look very similar to livestock cars or auto transport cars.

I still cannot seem to find a reason for there to be glass windows in a prisoner car.. but i am no prison car engineer.

and as far as the guillotines go... i can think of a million and one less messy and/or desease prone ways (not to mention effective) to irradicate people in mass quantity. I am not a neo nazi nor do i in any way advocate it, but the ovens of WW-II were about the most efficient way to get things done. fuel costs were covered by the gold and silver in the teeth that were left in the ashes of thier remains.... (*shiver*)

if anything inhumane was being designed and TPTB were using prison cars for it, i would tend to believe (and hope for) mass transit of illegal immigrants to somewhere outside the US. ....... lets hope anyway.

-A

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Cant agree with this being a "FEMA railcar"

Not after finding this link. It's a SantaFe Automobile transport. The chains in them go around the axle of the vehicle to keep it from moving.

see the link www.autos-by-rail.com... The picture of the railcar on the left is the exact same, and is used by this company as well as others to transpot vehicles.

Oh, and Civilian Prison labor is not new. The Military and many other Local governments (i.e. city's, towns) contract prisons to do labor all the time. The prisoners are volunteers with low risk crimes, nothing violent, no escape charges. I've been one. Also see link below for more info.
www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...

again because my spelling sucks
[edit on 7-1-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Quarantine

I'll just wait for the aliens to come.

Or get some nice fertilizer bombs.

Who cares anyways?! The world is a pile of cow dung let the elite have their fun and wait until God or karma smacks them in their face.

I ain't gonna fight it.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I see the virtual graveyard of cars but can't see ant FEMA boxcars with autos being loaded into them.
Do you live in the area?
Can you get any pics of autos being loaded into the FEMA carriers?
Until I see pictures I'll have that 1% of doubt.
I just have to ask...Why is FEMA in the auto transport business?

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to add a link to another past thread on ATS that had some pictures. No shackles, but the inside of one of the boxcars looked kind of peculiar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I'll repeat this info I posted earlier in this thread for those who missed it.
Information on these AUTO carriers, including pics of them WITH cars loaded.

--------------

Additional Information (Greenbrier now owns Gunderson):
www.gbrx.com...
www.gbrx.com...
www.popularmechanics.com...

Further info:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.american-rails.com...
freightcar.com...
auto.howstuffworks.com...
www.absoluteastronomy.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I haven't read all of the replies to this thread and am too tired to tonight, but I read this article again today and bounced it off of a co-worker who too said the site seems a little crack-pot'ish if you will. Almost like the guy was jumping to a list of conclusions with little evidence. Just an opinion.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster

while i have no knowledge one way or the other on rex-84 or whatever it is, i can say that at least one part of this post is garbage. (sorry...) There are no prisoner camps on military bases with the exception of "restricted" barracks which consist of military servicemen who have found themselves under NJP Punishment for doing somehting dumb. i have been stationed on/ a guest of multitudes of military bases from Chambers field, Langley AFB, Keesler AFB, NAS Fallon, NAS Oceana, FT Eustis, Little Creek, NAS Pensicola, Jaxonville, Camp David, NAS Bahrain, Naples, Rota, even Jebel Ali in Dubai (its called the sand box, not much of a military staion... lol)

there are NO US civilian prisoners of any security on any military base.

-A

Yes, even Olympic hero Marion Jones served time in a military instalation, as a federal prisoner. Not a military prisoner, federal.
sports.espn.go.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join