It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair prepares to receive Congressional Gold Medal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Tony Blair prepares to receive Congressional Gold Medal

www.timesonline.co.uk

Tony Blair is at last ready to receive the highest honour that the American Congress can bestow on a foreign leader.

The former British Prime Minister will next week be given the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Bush for his unswerving loyalty to the United States during his ten years in office.

He is also now said to be waiting to hear when he can pick up the Congressional Gold Medal of Honour, awarded to him in 2003 in recognition of his “steadfast stand against evil”.

The Times understands that Mr Blair has approved the design of of the medal, which is made specially by the US Federal Mint, and is expecting to be told soon when he will be expected to collect it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I dont really know to much ablout this medal to be honest other than it recognition for his loyalty to America. I'm not really sure how, i feel about it to be honest. What would you get if you weren't loyal? I think its the title of each of the medals that kind of make me feel a bit uncomfortable. Its just probably because i dont see the need for a medal - wouldn't a speech surfice?

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
More awards for the war criminals, YIPPIE!!!

There has been a whole lot of congratulations going on among all of these war-mongering, pathologically-lying psychopaths as of late.

Yeah, Blair is some hero.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

What the hell? Come'on now... I heard Tony Blair *AND* John Howard, who will be rewarded with the Presidential Medal of Freedom from President Bush.

I HAD to add John Howard, aswell, because you didn't. Oh! Please report the whole truthful story next time. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Yeah, Blair is some hero.

Seeing he ended the IRA terrorist campaign in Northern Ireland, which a family member of mine was tragically a victim of, Tony Blair is a hero to many in Northern Ireland.

Oh, don't forget Sierra Leone too. By sending in the British army, Blair prevented a whole entire city being massacred by rebels.

Do you look at the bigger picture or just focus on Iraq?

new topics

top topics

join