It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada, U.S. agree to use each other's troops in civil emergencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Canada, U.S. agree to use each other's troops in civil emergencies

www.globalresearch.ca

Canada and the U.S. have signed an agreement that paves the way for the militaries from either nation to send troops across each other's borders during an emergency, but some are questioning why the Harper government has kept silent on the deal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is some very intresting news although it is old news in "alternative news" groups the fact it is being brought up again should make your ears prick.....
Now plans for foreign troops working in any country other than their own when there is no war/conflict should realy send alarm bells ringing. That would be like French troops in the UK or Mexican troops in the USA (oh wait thats happening).

What do you peeps feel about this? Would you feel safer with foreign troops on your doorstep or would this make you worry about ulterior motives?

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Operation Abacus and Operation Noble Assist.

Nothing alarming, new, or interesting.

For example a Canadian presently holds the office of Deputy Commander of NORAD and they routinely fly their aircraft to patrol NORAD/NOTHCOM defense zones, sometimes these zones are over Alaska. This has been going on for 50+ years without notice.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

All I know is we kicked some Canadian butts in the Battle of Lake Erie in 1812 and we can do it again!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I think you should re-check your history. Then again I would not expect any less from an Imperialistic, war mongering, floundering Country that has killed its own president and a few thousand of its own people in the name of power and money.

Way to go tough guy---Now try doing something courageous and helpful, like saving a few million people from starving and removing your military from everyone else's back yard. Then we could probably look at our southern cro-magnum friends as humans, not the worlds number 1 problem.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Oh yeah... it was only a matter of time before someone starts 'dredging' up the past

I saw a show just recently about 'hidden bunkers/bases' throughout the USA, and one of them (I think it was NORAD - underground bunker) showed an American flag on one side and a Canadian flag on the other.

It was kind of a cool sight, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Kidding aside, I didn't know Canada and the USA were that close in crucial matters, nice to see.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Harper is keeping silent on the deal because he is his own little proto-Hitler and has delusions of becoming a dictator.

Seriously, he has suspended our parliament, stocked our senate with his supporters without the approval of parliament (Senate positions in Canada last until you are 75 or die, you cannot be kicked out of the position) and is running around trying to sell off government assets like the Canadian Nuclear Corporation (provides 40% of the worlds medicinal isotopes) to private investors.

Honestly, if people looked at some of the absolutely ludicrous things that go on in the Canadian government, you would never need to turn to the US of A for your conspiracy fix again

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Im pretty sure it was the other way around. Check your history. The Canadians burnt down the White House

new topics

top topics

join