It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise!!! Obama's Team Clears Obama...(?)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

you must have skimmed the article because it stated that a generator was being sent to the obama house.
for security reasons, i see the urgency in having the generator.
now unless obama had access to a teleportation device to bring the generator to his home within a second after the outage, then i'd co-sign on your indignation. because i'd want a teleporter for my home.
alas, he didn't.
you seem to have twisted the article's words to suit your tastes.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by heather65]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

HAHAHHA!!! The ship's been towed beyond the environment... perfect!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

i think it may be in their manual titled "How To Deflect Criticism".
to put it kindly, i find it amusing.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by heather65]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Irony?

This discussion was opened to expose "irony" on an internal investigation, IMO a news item that is hardly worthy of reproduction except by those who are still very bitter over the fact that Obama won.

You want Irony, forget the obvious agendas and simply look at how it has gone from the original subject and agenda driven spin to the use of emergency generators by Obama.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Fact is - when people who used to be smart and used to be able to see through a typical politician suddenly start giving him a free pass on everything - even when his actions are those of a typical politician - then something serious has happened to that persons thought process. They have become disciples or sheeple or blind followers ... take your pick. It all fits.

I don't give him a free pass on ANYTHING.

When Obama sent out a letter asking for money to pay off Hillary’s debt:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also sent him a letter disapproving of his Wall St. bailout position.

When he voted for FISA:

On gun control:

I have disagreed with him and strongly disapproved of him and have said so here and TO HIM, but that fact doesn't mean anything when people want to play the "disciple" card. :shk:

I can PROVE that I have not blindly followed him, but it means nothing to those would would attack me for my support of him.

Truth is, I can't even post in a thread about Obama without the same people coming out of nowhere to criticize ME for "defending" him and call me a hypocrite, when all I did was ask clarification questions. Fortunately, I know it's because people want to shut me up, which gives me more power.
I will not shut up.

So, even though this type of internal investigation is done ALL THE TIME, when Obama does it, it's some kind of ironic joke... Who's making blind judgments here?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   

There goes another one! Insinuations and/or blunt baseless attacks 'oh .. you must be racist if you don't like Obama' :shk:

I'm not sayin you're racist FF; but I'll bet you chuckled at this one....

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
even though this type of internal investigation is done ALL THE TIME, when Obama does it, it's some kind of ironic joke...

THE POINT IS - it is dirty politics as usual when everyone else does it. When Obama does it, it is not only dirty politics as usual but ALSO an ironic joke because his entire campaign theme was 'change' ... and obviously this isn't change. It is nothing more than politics as usual.

It's VERY obvious in it's irony.

Who's making blind judgments here?

You.

edited to add -

Originally posted by whaaa
I'll bet you chuckled at this one....

Haven't seen it. I'll take a look.

[edit on 12/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Did you really expect otherwise? This is hardly news or surprising. It was expected. This is a big deal why?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Gotta go with BH on this one. This looks like another situation where no matter what Obama did, there would be a post on here going, "OMG CHANGE?!?! I DON'T THINK SO!"

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
More "Change" that we can believe in.

He is certainly offering all of us "hope".

We can certainly see that his willingness to eliminate insider politics as usual and change the way business gets done in Washington.

Truth be told, I want Obama to be a successful President - this country is in dire need of him to be successful. But, so far, I'm not holding out much hope. This is likely to degrade into a world-class sitcom of epic proportions. I can hear the laugh track already.

Ooops, I guess I'm a racist now.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
reply to post by jd140

Ohh look, a liberal playing the race card AGAIN!

Imagine that!

I thought this discussion was about o-boy being cleared of any wrong doing by his own people.

I think it is about time you people rub your skulls together and come up with some new material. The civilized world is sick of your 50 year old routine!

No evidence...investigation concludes no connection! No evidence...now what are we left with?? He's guilty anyway right?

He was cleared of wrongdoing by Federal Authorties and cursed vehemently by Blago himself for only offering thanks instead of Chicago style pay for play!

So Mr. Conservative if there is not a shread of evidence is he guilty then?? Why is guilty?? Because ??????????????

He isn't guilty..............Wait a minute I'm supposed to be a racist so I can't possibly think this now can I?

Answer this question if you can.

Why do you accuse all that oppose Obama a racist? Did you take one look at him and say "I'm going to vote for him because he is black"?

Obamas team did an investigation and found him innocent. That in itself is comical because it is his team. Forget for a moment that others found him innocent. His team isn't going to say "we did an investigation on our boss and we have concluded that he is guilty". That would be career suicide.

Once again, I do not think he is guilty. Yes, you heard right, a racist believes Obama won the election out right and is free of any guilt that he is involved with that moron.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Gotta go with BH on this one. This looks like another situation where no matter what Obama did, there would be a post on here going, "OMG CHANGE?!?! I DON'T THINK SO!"

Kind of like the countless posts on this site where no matter what President Bush did he is a war mongor who is trying to destroy America.

President Bush is leaving office paving way for Obama and his sheeple.

Sheeple is what you guys call those who are pro Bush right?

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

THE POINT IS - it is dirty politics as usual when everyone else does it. When Obama does it, it is not only dirty politics as usual but ALSO an ironic joke because his entire campaign theme was 'change' ... and obviously this isn't change. It is nothing more than politics as usual.

I understand your opinion. I just disagree with it.

What I DON'T understand is why we cannot disagree without you and others calling names like hypocrite, disciple, sheeple and so on. That DETRACTS and DEFLECTS from the issue we are supposed to be discussing.

On topic:

I don't see "dirty politics" just because someone conducts an internal investigation. That, IN ITSELF, is not indicative of dirty politics or anything else. That's your assumption.

Churches, businesses, charity organizations, all conduct internal investigations. Maybe because there's been a complaint, or because someone got hurt, or they became involved in a lawsuit or someone broke the law. Internal Investigation DOES NOT equal "dirty politics". An internal investigation cannot absolve someone of guilt. That's ridiculous.

Obama and his team are associated with Blagojevich. That doesn't mean they are guilty of anything, just that there's an association via Obama's Senate seat. So, naturally, they are being investigated by the FBI and the federal prosecutor to ascertain their level of association and involvement (if any) in Blago's scandal.

In addition, Obama has conducted an Internal Investigation to ascertain that level of association and involvement to report his finding to the people, because he has promised transparency. That's the change. NOT to absolve himself! He cannot do that. But to tell us what he found.

I don't expect you to see change because you are so set against the man, or to agree with me on my opinion, but to resort to name calling because we disagree is nothing but deflection.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hmm you can't agree with Obama without being called sheeple or disciple? You feel a little mistreated? Look how Bush opposers treated his supporters for the past 8 years. Now that Obama is the next President you want everyone to calm down and have intelligent conversations without the name calling?

I have been told that I should feel ashamed for voting for Bush.
I have been told that I was a mindless sheeple for agreeing with the war.
I have been told that I was a mindless sheeple for not thinking Bush is a war mongor.

Shoes on the other foot and you don't like it. Get used to it, you reap what you sow.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I have been told that I was a mindless sheeple for not thinking Bush is a war mongor.

Shoes on the other foot and you don't like it. Get used to it, you reap what you sow.

No need for shame over voting for Obama, I didn't vote for him.

Obama has not started a war, nor any real policy that would cause anyone to be "mindless sheeple" by supporting him.

If you take a moment perhaps you can see that Obama is NOT even in office yet and look at the # storm his election is already starting.

If you take a centrist position if for only this moment perhaps you will at least get a peek at the true agenda here.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You said: "Now that Obama is the next President you want everyone to calm down and have intelligent conversations without the name calling?"

Yes. I thought that the idea of ATS was to have intelligent conversation without name calling.
You should note that Obama is not yet the next president and President Bush will remain in power for another 3+ weeks.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The new presidency is going to get a lot worse before it gets any better.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Now that Obama is the next President you want everyone to calm down and have intelligent conversations without the name calling?

Well, I've always wanted intelligent discussion. And frankly, I don't care if you call Obama names. I may debate with you about it, but I have nothing against you criticizing Obama. It's healthy. He's government. I'm talking about calling OTHER MEMBERS names. I'm AGAINST that.

I'm sure Semper will find some posts of mine where I criticized Bush, because I did my part and MORE, but only after he did something in office that I disagreed with. In fact, hopefully Semper will find some of my posts where I talked about supporting the war AND Bush before I found out about the lies he told us to take us to war. Because I flew my flag every day and teared up at Bush's patriotic speeches and argued with my family because they were all against the war and Bush.

So, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Not by me.

And I'll take it. I AM taking it. I CAN TAKE IT!
I could leave these threads and not post again and ignore them, but I come back in the hopes of decent discussion. I have stuff to say! AND when people call me and other members names, I will speak out against it, just as I have spoken out against calling Obama critics "racist". Feel free to carry on. And so will I.

[edit on 27-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

No need for shame over voting for Obama, I didn't vote for him.

Obama has not started a war, nor any real policy that would cause anyone to be "mindless sheeple" by supporting him.

If you take a moment perhaps you can see that Obama is NOT even in office yet and look at the # storm his election is already starting.

If you take a centrist position if for only this moment perhaps you will at least get a peek at the true agenda here.

Where have I stated I was anti Obama? I already stated I think he is innocent. You have to be a complete moron to hope a President will do a bad job just so you can say I told you so.

Like I said. What goes around comes around. Karma is a bitch. Obama supporters will need to man up and take the same medicine that Bush supporters have had to take for the past 8 years.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Now that Obama is the next President you want everyone to calm down and have intelligent conversations without the name calling?

Well, I've always wanted intelligent discussion. And frankly, I don't care if you call Obama names. I may debate with you about it, but I have nothing against you criticizing Obama. It's healthy. He's government. I'm talking about calling OTHER MEMBERS names. I'm AGAINST that.

I'm sure Semper will find some posts of mine where I criticized Bush, because I did my part and MORE, but only after he did something in office that I disagreed with. In fact, hopefully Semper will find some of my posts where I talked about supporting the war AND Bush before I found out about the lies he told us to take us to war. Because I flew my flag every day and teared up at Bush's patriotic speeches and argued with my family because they were all against the war and Bush.

So, you're barking up the wrong tree.

Not by me.

And I'll take it. I AM taking it. I CAN TAKE IT!
I could leave these threads and not post again and ignore them, but I come back in the hopes of decent discussion. I have stuff to say! AND when people call me and other members names, I will speak out against it. Feel free to carry on. And so will I.

Shoe is on the other foot, Obama supporters have a long 4 years. I wonder how blindly they will follow him and support him. Watch the hypocrites will start flooding this board. Not saying you. Just watch though, it is already starting. If you are against Obama it is because you are racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join