It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise!!! Obama's Team Clears Obama...(?)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
OK, is this a surprise?

Internal Investigation Says Obama Team ‘Behaved Appropriately’ in Blagojevich Contacts

(CNSNews.com) – President-elect Barack Obama had no contact with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich about his soon-to-be vacant Senate seat, according to an investigation conducted by Obama's incoming White House counsel, Greg Craig.

CNS News

Now THAT is funny...

An Obama selected staffer, finds that Obama did no wrong...

Well we wanted change. Here it is.
Now the investigations into the actions of politicians will not be by independent counsel; we will just accept that any politician accused of any corruption will investigate themselves and we can just accept the findings...

Maybe I can just investigate the next complaint against me.. "Not Guilty"

Gee that really was easier...

This is what we have to look forward to huh?

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Who was the selected staffer? This Craig character? Seriously though, was he?

Because this is getting ridiculous if it is...how could they seriously expect to someone from their own team to prove them wrong?

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What a joke THIS administration has turned out to be..and just think..they havent even taken office..YET
The BEST is yet to come folks..
And history will show reruns of Obama's Best Bloopers on tv..
Maybe if the rest of us have any money left to keep the electric on we might get to watch..

[edit on 26-12-2008 by MissysWorld]

+11 more 
posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

They've also been interviewed by the FBI and the federal prosecutor. There's no indication that they were involved. Yes, Obama's team did an internal investigation (why wouldn't they?) and didn't find any wrong-doing, but neither did the FBI or federal prosecutor.

Source

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Politicians...doublespeak...it seems to happen all the time:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't care if he was investigated by the Pope.

That has nothing to do with the irony of an upcoming administration promising change, and then "Headlining" that an "Internal" investigation performed by "their own people" results in a positive finding.

The possibility that he was investigated by "Myth Busters" is not germane to the article.

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I don't care if he was investigated by the Pope.

That says a lot!

It really does not matter what anyone does to clear Obama on ANY issues or allegations. There are some who simply will not accept anything other than the fact that Obama is Black he is president and there must be a conspiracy, he must be a criminal because he is black and sooner or later we will find something that sticks to him so we can throw him in jail with the other blacks where he belongs, and get him out of our WHITE house.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, I just wonder what you expected that you're not seeing... An internal investigation that found them guilty or no internal investigation at all? I'm sorry, I don't get the irony. I mean, people, companies, political entities do internal investigations ALL the time.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH

The Irony is directly apparent in the post above yours.

The Irony of a critique less president for one thing, beside the issue of the "Headline".

Any criticism results in the same old tired racial song.

While race was not mentioned in the art ice, my post or yours, it was only a matter of time before it was brought up. I knew it and low and behold!

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So, the irony is that if someone critiques Obama, someone else usually mentions race? That's the irony in his internal investigation finding his people innocent??

I'm sorry, that doesn't make any sense at all.

You talked sarcastically about change in your first post. I'm asking what change would you expect to see in a situation like this?

Would you expect no internal investigation? (followed by the headline: Obama Refuses to Conduct Internal Investigation - He must know something!)

or

Would you expect an internal investigation to find his people guilty? (even when the FBI and federal prosecutor didn't find any problems)

Regardless of someone mentioning race (which really has nothing to do with the thread or the OP) I'm asking you to explain your complaint and so far it seems like you can't. What is the problem with Obama conducting an internal investigation and finding his people innocent? Don't you believe it? If so, just say so. I'm just trying to understand your issue with this, that's all.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The possibility that he was investigated by "Myth Busters" is not germane to the article.

Then I suppose that your hostile bias is not germane to the article either?

If it is not racially motivated, then is it because he is left or your desired political agenda?

Perhaps both?

There are millions of Americans who did not vote for Obama, many are bitter, I have had encounters with many of them, and have learned to see clearly what motivates them, racism is not always black or white, and depending on perspective may be impossible to see.

I have not been wrong yet.... shall we continue?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Bush got old and repetitive like a sitcom that ran for eight years. I'm grabbing my pop corn and anticipating Obama's first four years as I would a new prime time show...hehe

I don't think I'll be disappointed with the entertainment value it will offer either.

I just hope he doesn't decide I'm "rich" with a stroke of a pen.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
ironyreply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Sigh***

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
2. Literature.
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (esp. in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., esp. as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
3. Socratic irony.
4. dramatic irony.
5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
6. the incongruity of this.
7. an objectively sardonic style of speech or writing.
8. an objectively or humorously sardonic utterance, disposition, quality, etc.

Dictionary

President-elect Barack Obama had no contact with Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich about his soon-to-be vacant Senate seat, according to an investigation conducted by Obama's incoming White House counsel, Greg Craig

without Obama's knowledge

Craig told reporters Emanuel said he couldn't be sure it was only one call.

Obama did authorize Emanuel to pass on the names of four people he considered to be highly qualified to take over his seat:

1. I never said anything about Obama being at fault
2. I never indicated his guilt or innocence
3. Those were entirely "your" assertions

If you can not see the irony here, it is in no way my fault. I am not so blinded by any one man, politician or belief that "I" can not see irony, or any other natural human reaction or emotion.

It is there, obvious and in many ways hilarious.

Sorry that you are unable to see it; I really am

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
People People! don't let the facts distract you from how evil George Bush is. Criticizing Obama just means you support the right wing neo-christian conservative military industrial complex.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

racism is not always black or white, and depending on perspective may be impossible to see.

Silly

If you follow that line of ?logic? then you can say I did not vote for Obama because of a belief in the toothfairy...

Can't see it, but because 'you" believe it, it must be true.

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Dictionary

As it was YOU that brought up race, and it was definitely Off Topic maybe you need to evaluate your intentions my friend?

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
LOL

I always laugh so hard when the word 'Obama' comes up in a new thread, and immediately out of the ATS woodwork, BH comes out of nowhere to defend... even if it wasn't insults being flung at Obama.

I think she has a notifier on her computer that displays a pop-up to tell her in real-time everytime the word 'Obama' is mentioned on ATS.

And yeah, SemperFortis, ya get used to being called a racist for saying ANYTHING less than Godly about Obama. Seriously, get used to being called a racist, or be prepared to tell the world you love the man.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well, nobody should be surprised

Its not like they would come back and say "yup, Obama did this and that wrong" - even if there was evidence that showed he did something wrong.

I see the irony and I find it quite amusing

Nothing like a good ol' self-investigation.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
whoops DP

[edit on 12/26/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It is a little silly but, I'd still say a step in the right direction.

The present bunch would have definitely been involved then had one or, several of their private corporations look into it for a tidy profit. After finding no wrong doing, they would have then sold the seat for double the original price and changed the laws to make that ok if you're in a war. There would have probably been another layer or three of profit making in there but I don't hold a candle to them when it comes to that sort of thinking

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Can't see it, but because 'you" believe it, it must be true.

There is a discussion on truth... Here read my response if you wish.

Since this has been deemed off topic here and as I have been made aware that you sir are forum moderator it would be foolish to continue this line of discussion with you as you have the power here and could simply make me go away... I'll save you the trouble.

The truth is the truth.

Have a nice day.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join