It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise!!! Obama's Team Clears Obama...(?)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
What usually happens with internal investigations is that the entire organization is investigated for leaks, questionable conduct, and inappropriate activities by those at the top. The men at the top do not always know what the underlings are doing and investgations such as this allow pre-emptive purging of the ranks before any proceedings begin against the organization, as a whole. I believe that Obama, his team, and most of Illinois knew of the proclivities of their governor and were wise enough to stay away from that political lightning rod.

What the internal investigation results say is that the Obama team found no evidence that their members were involved in any dealings with the governor and, legally, absolves no one of anything. This is not the final answer because the law enforcement officers are continuing the investgation and those results will be binding. It was important to Obama to do the internal investigation because any hesitation would bring accusations and require resources, better used elsewhere, to rebut them. It would also allow removal and isolation of any questionable person or group within the organization, as quickly as possible, to distance the new Administration from political scandal.

I do not find the internal investigation ironic. I find it to be good administration.

[edit on 12/26/2008 by pteridine]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obama - I investigated myself and I decided I am innocent

Funny titled blog from a left wing source.

Since when is "No Quarter" a left-wing source?

Originally posted by pteridine
What the internal investigation results say is that the Obama team found no evidence that their members were involved in any dealings with the governor and, legally, absolves no one of anything.

pteridine, that was perfectly said. I wish I had said it that well.

This is part of the transparency that Obama is promising.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thank you for the clarification.

Since race in politics is off topic in this discussion perhaps we can continue that aspect of discussion here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are invited.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
There are some who simply will not accept anything other than the fact that Obama is Black he is president and there must be a conspiracy, he must be a criminal because he is black and sooner or later we will find something that sticks to him so we can throw him in jail with the other blacks where he belongs, and get him out of our WHITE house.

I want you to do me a favor, I think it will help. OK, take a real deep breath...hold it...keep holding it...exhale. Ok, do it one more time. Good. Now that your brain is getting enough oxygen to properly analyze the situation I want you to notice that YOU and only YOU are talking about race here. You and others like you cling to Obama's race as a defense every time he or his team do something stupid and it grows tiring. Every time someone presents something negative about Obama you people change the topic to racism so that the original topic is lost in an attempt to defend the racism accusation. That's called deflection and I'm calling you on it.

Now that that's out of the way, how can you look at this and not laugh? There's a good reason why investigations are conducted via independant counsel and not by hired staff.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I, for one, do see the irony in declaring one's self innocent, after I hire my good friend over here to do a 'thorough' investigation. So your not alone in that respect. Everything else said is just claptrap by Obama supporters that think they instantly have to jump to the man's defense.

One question I have, that might be a bit off-topic, is: Why does the fact that Obama is black, only seem to matter to Obama supporters?

I guess if he was white, then they wouldn't have a readily available excuse as to why people don't like him. Before anyone calls me something I am not, I am not party affiliated either way, and didn't like the geezer and the cheerleader either. Thankyouverymuch

Chrono

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Point. Match. Well said Blue.

Chrono

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

The possibility that he was investigated by "Myth Busters" is not germane to the article.

It is germane to obama bots like BH!

Just wait, in a year or two when the brain dead zombies that voted him into office realize what he really is they will be screaming for W to come back.

The best thing that could have happened this election year is a sweeping victory for libs. Now they won't be able to blame Republicans for the path of destruction they leave in their wake. Two years from now the libs will lose either the house or the senate (maybe both) and in four years a Republican will be back in the White House....I hope it's Jeb just to piss off the loons

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Obama put a team together to determine whether he had any involvement with Blago. They conclude that Obama is innocent.

How are some missing the irony here?

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Originally posted by semperfortis

The possibility that he was investigated by "Myth Busters" is not germane to the article.

It is germane to obama bots like BH!

Just wait, in a year or two when the brain dead zombies that voted him into office realize what he really is they will be screaming for W to come back.

The best thing that could have happened this election year is a sweeping victory for libs. Now they won't be able to blame Republicans for the path of destruction they leave in their wake. Two years from now the libs will lose either the house or the senate (maybe both) and in four years a Republican will be back in the White House....I hope it's Jeb just to piss off the loons

They won't blame Obama or any other Democrat. It will all be President Bushs' fault. Obama will have the easiest time, popularity wise, because anything he does wrong or messes up will be blamed on President Bush.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That was not why the team was put together. It is a self audit, of sorts, but it exonerates no one. The law enforcement officers will decide who is to be charged.
See my previous post.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by jd140

That was not why the team was put together. It is a self audit, of sorts, but it exonerates no one. The law enforcement officers will decide who is to be charged.
See my previous post.

I see how my post led you to think that I thought that was the reason his team was put together. The fact that his team cleared him of any wrong doing is the part that I find comical. Not that I think he had anything to do with it.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

The fact that his team cleared him of any wrong doing is the part that I find comical.

Careful.. It took me 4 posts to try and explain "Ironic" and I really never got through to everyone.. You could be an entire thread defining "Comical"...

Although I do see your point and agree... Comical, Ironic...

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

What I find funny is how these same people jump all over Bush supporters and call them sheeple. They don't realize that they are following Obama just as blindly.

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah,

I'm in the middle of a History search and pulling all their comments about GWB from the time he was elected, just to illustrate the hypocrisy that is rampant..

I'll send you a link.
Going to take a day or so there are so many and it is a long process going back so many years...

Semper

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Hey, not all of us!

Blind followers of either party are equally as dangerous, imo. In fact, in my opinion, blind followers of any ideology are dangerous as it is their duty to be informed on subjects as human beings.

I can see a few things that are more likely under this administration that will suit my personal wants that i definitely didn't see likely under the previous. However all-in-all it is going to be the same coin, just the other side.

----

I'm not surprised that a politician would have his own crew to work something like this, they are politicians. Distorting the truth and working things to their advantage is what they do best, and that doesn't stop at any political party line.

I'm happy that I can stand outside and look in though, because half the irony is watching the word irony being used (while fully knowing someone is probably thinking the same about me.)

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Are freaking kidding me after the last 8 years!!! Sheeesh!

Believe it or not Obama has a large organization and the President elect is not fully aware of what each and every staffer is doing during their work days.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo the need for an internal investigation. There was an external investigation performed as well with NO finding of wrongdoing on Obama or his staff's part.

Soooooooooooo show us some real evidence beyond guilt by association or innuendo or just admit you is a hater!

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Are freaking kidding me after the last 8 years!!! Sheeesh!

Believe it or not Obama has a large organization and the President elect is not fully aware of what each and every staffer is doing during their work days.

Sooooooooooooooooooooo the need for an internal investigation. There was an external investigation performed as well with NO finding of wrongdoing on Obama or his staff's part.

Soooooooooooo show us some real evidence beyond guilt by association or innuendo or just admit you is a hater!

No one is saying he is guilty Poindexter. The article was about Obama himself, not any of his workers.

The act of HIS team finding him innocent of any wrong doing is comical. Would you think that even if he was in the wrong that they would say so? IT IS HIS TEAM.

Sooooooooooooo reread and, apply some comprehenstion and then post again.

edit to add- I bet you are one of those who blame President Bush for any and all things bad that has happened in the last eight years huh. Even though he has a lot more staffers under him then Obama does.

[edit on 26-12-2008 by jd140]

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You know that secne, in the GodFather Part II...

Where the GodFather is being questioned on the Stand?

And then a Senator who had connections to the GodFather, stood up, and Gave a Rousing statement...

Thats what this is like...

They are just covering for the man...

Thats all...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well Einstein you obviously are a hater. Maybe you be scared of black folks!

Bush is a traitor and a disgrace to this country. Go ahead and support the man!

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
God, what they used to at least make efforts to hide and send out as an act in a huge theater, has become a one man show on the street corner. They dont even try to make it look like we are still we the people, now they just treat us like we are we the sheeple...

Are peoples minds really deteriorating to this extent? Is it fluoride or some other agent which is making people compliant and non thinking non resistant to the borg type changes?

Once they make make a decission its flag and banner waving right into the next faux-election for change, they ALL claim change and value, bargain/sameole sameole...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join