It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source Of Midlands UFOs Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Another one bites the dust...

Sky News Source Article inc Video

A dramatic display of bright lights in the West Midlands which prompted local fears of a UFO invasion has been revealed as a bit of child's play.

The mystery objects were identified as a cluster of cheap flying lanterns.

They had been released into the night sky last night during a children's carol service at a nearby primary school in Halesowen.

If I was an alien wanting to visit Earth, I'd come as a Lantern..

Just goes to show how easy it is to fool some people.

Ah well...keep watching eh!

[edit on 19/12/2008 by nerbot]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
no point

[edit on 21-12-2008 by Alienmindflare]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Good find. I can't believe how everyhting has to be a space ship according to some people.

[edit on 12/21/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
tut tut

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Not sure whether this is the real explanation or just typical excuse. These things exist and do fly in formation. Call them willow the wisp, foo fighter, ufo orb, whatever, these things are real and I've seen plenty in the Midlands.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My original post said I saw about 100 little lights in the sky yesterday afternoon after seeing something else and having voices backing what I was seeing,theres people that beleieve something is happening in our skies yet when theres evidence,,they mock it or mock people that saw it and called them whatever.
Im in east Mids,,,its hard to get heard on here,,but my little voice will be heard one day,,,with help from wishes.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmindflare

Didn't see your original post. You say Northampton, were they seen there? Colour of lights, distance from you, movement, etc would be useful

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I deleted my original post because of what blueracer said,,as far as my knowlegde is concerned I dont think any have been captured around Northants,,,what I see was sorta like,,if you put ya fingers on your eyes and see like bright dots when you open your eyes,,,it was like that on a bigger scale,,I looked away to see if it was just my eyes,,but when I looked away I didnt see them,,looked back,,still there,,I dont know the distance how far up they were,,level of the clouds ?? they didnt move,,this happened yesterday and I cant even remember now if they just disapeared infront of me or whether I looked away and they just werent there.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Interesting. So these dot like lights just stayed still. Did the sighting take like 5 seconds, minutes, or more? Did you make a signal to them?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

I was shown just before a cloud of half a horse and it was going backwards,,,I talk to 'aliens' and I said to them,,that is real funny,,,then I saw a huge pacman,,then I saw a small cloud passing quite slow and I was thinking of what I saw last year,,a group of stars just all move off together,,I said to 'them' what a clever cloaking device,,,I remembered that and then said 'ahhh that is another clever cloaking device,,I then see a big face in the clouds,I said,,yeh,,ok,,then another face,,wasnt as human looking as the first but I said yeh ok,,thats fine,,another please,,,and thats when these 100 lights appeared,,,I said,,ahh,,so thats you waving bye.......that was it,,,,this is normal for me,,,but im sure i'll get the mockers,,,,meet the mockers lol

oh and it was all over a the space whilst smoking a ciggerette,,,5 mins ish

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
NO EVIDENCE YET OF THE LANTERNS

Just to remind you we are still waiting for Sky News to present their evidence to
support their allegations these lights were just cheap chinese lanterns. At this
time no witnesses, locations, schoolkids, teachers, lantern stores etc. have been
presented by Sky News, only a poor report allegedly from an anonymous source
proving nothing at all. This is a example of bad journalism by this media tabloid
named Sky News.

Are you reading this Sky News? Can you provide the surce of your information
as well as interviews with those involved? We are still waiting for the update to
close this case.

Sky News said this was a celebration in a school were those lanterns were released by
the kids or teachers. Well don't you think is very strange that there is not a single video
posted on the Internet yet from that suppoosed celebration? In these times almost
any kid has a cell phone with photo and video functions, we have seen this over
and over and it's like a mania. If this was a real celebration and those lanterns were
indeed released in a big spectacle how is it posible that nobody was videotaping the
moment. How is it posible Sky News has not gotten yet a single video from a cell
phone or videocamera of that event given so many people were present?

Sky News you have the last word, post an update and complete your report. We'll wait.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I dont go by the news,,I go by what my own mind own eyes and other senses go through.

when you know yourself,,,I just look for those who also know,,that both parties can exchange what eachother knows..If I had pictures I wouldnt post them here,,,for sceptics to take the pee.Why should I try and prove to strangers what I know 100%.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Fascinating stuff there. I like your method of communication. Personally I use a dynamo torch, but I'll certainly "talk" to them in the future.

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Ive had voices for most my life,,yes,,they made me go crazy,,but Im spiritual and knew higher beings was involved,,they show me stuff alot,,and they wont leave me,I dont want them to.

I wish I had a camera on Friday night,,,maybe some one in my home town got a picture of this star? land in my town,,which is small..That happened around 12 or 1am,,yet no-one I was with saw it,,it was to quick.

Stars dont land do they? escpially at a speed?

posted on Dec, 21 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Toma

I'm with FREE SPIRIT. Show us one of these kids. Until then its just a dry statement with no corroborating evidence that is being parroted all throughout the popular news websites as if it were gospel. It would be natural to televise the childrens' reaction to having alarmed their neighbors to such an extent.
Are we to assume that such an international fuss is made everytime Chinese Lanterns are released into the air. More often than not this is considered a standard response that governments offer to explain many UFO sightings of different varieties usually days following the original stir which is caused by the sightings. If it is lanterns, then follow up on it. Otherwise its just a couple of words printed on paper never verified and blatantly parroted all over the web. Anyone who agrees it was probably lanterns would have to ask for more input than the follow up story provided.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Have you actually contacted Sky News about this then, what was their response?

Your disbelief in their news is understandable but WHY would they state so definately the source of these lanters if it was not so

Don't you think someone from Lutley Primary School in Brookwillow Road would have said something by now?

Why don't you contact the school too and see what they have to say.

And why is it so unbelievable that Kids, parents and teachers at a primary school don't have mobile phones and videos to hand. And even if they DID, why would they post the pictures for everyone to see.

Those images (if any) are for personal memories of their darling little ones at school at Xmas, not the skeptics or News-channels of the global network.

btw...Occam's Razor is the first rule to be applied here (and in MOST cases).

"All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

--------------------------------

reply to Alienmindflare

Thankyou for your comments....I wouldn't shout about the voices you hear too much, not everyone would understand, and if you are seeing so many lights in the sky, why don't you get some pictures and share them with us here. We'd love to see.

I DO believe that some of us (not me) are more "tuned-in" to seeing these kind of things. It would be nice to have the evidence.

Cheers....nerb

join