It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek Riots getting worse!!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

Too little too late.
The killing of the boy will give an excuse for others to rape/rob/loote/set fires and distroy.

[edit on 12/7/2008 by mrmonsoon]

And please pray tell good sir,
Where in any report has it said that the protesters are "raping" "robing" or "looting" ANYTHING

You need to take your head out off the place that sun dosnt shine and realise that the police where in the wrong, Throwing a molly at riot police does not constitute attempted murder and does not (contrary to your backwards way of thinking) warrent the police to open fire

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
First Thailand, and now Greece. Looks like people are finally getting fed up with the dirty deal the general public is getting these days. I wonder where the next massive demonstrations are going to break out.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have a feeling we aren't getting the full story here as we watch on our TV screens from the other side of the world... what was the original protest about? Was there anything else that happened in the recent months? It seems like a pretty unwarranted mass of rioting over the death of one person who was throwing a bomb at police.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Runningtobabylon

Too little too late.
The killing of the boy will give an excuse for others to rape/rob/loote/set fires and distroy.

Where in any report has it said that the protesters are "raping" "robing" or "looting" ANYTHING

You need to take your head out off the place that sun dosnt shine and realise that the police where in the wrong, Throwing a molly at riot police does not constitute attempted murder and does not (contrary to your backwards way of thinking) warrent the police to open fire

I was making a point; the many were using the teen’s death as an excuse to go wild.

As far as robbing and looting, lots of that going on there.

Read some of the links.

At last look, I saw an article that said 35+ stores robbed/looted/damaged.

Your personal attacks aside (you are entitled to your personal opinions, however, in a post, please try to stick to the topic at hand, thank you), running at police with a gas bomb and preparing to throw it at them is attempted murder.

You may, if you like get hit with a gas bomb.

Me, personally, I would use my 45 long before he got close enough to throw his bomb at me.

BTW, if you ask ANY armed cop, they would have done the same thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Actually there is no report that says that the boy carried a bomb at all.The official story (as reported by friends and all the eye witnesses) says that a company of teenagers went out to celebrate on Saturday night. On their way to the centre of Exarchia area in Athens, a police vehicle passed by, heading for an incident they'd been called.The teens threw glass bottles towards the vehicle (probably making fun of the policemen).The two men stopped the car in the other corner of the street, came out and both sides started swearing and threatening one the other, when one of the two policemen aimed and shot at the company's side and a boy fell down, while his friends were trying to move him away from the spot but unfortunately the hit was fatal. The man claims that he shot on the air to scare them away and accidently shot the boy,but all the witnesses report that they saw the man aiming and firing towards the company's side.When the 2 men saw the boy lying dead left. There is no report or proof that the teenagers had anything to do with anarchy incidents in the center of Athens. In fact the boy was coming from a wealthy family and never before shown such behaviour.The specific event started all this madness, or at least it gave a good excuse to those who only wish to cause trouble and show no respect to that boy's memory.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Runningtobabylon

Too little too late.

I was making a point; the many were using the teen’s death as an excuse to go wild.

As far as robbing and looting, lots of that going on there.

Read some of the links.

At last look, I saw an article that said 35+ stores robbed/looted/damaged.

Your personal attacks aside (you are entitled to your personal opinions, however, in a post, please try to stick to the topic at hand, thank you), running at police with a gas bomb and preparing to throw it at them is attempted murder.

Me, personally, I would use my 45 long before he got close enough to throw his bomb at me.

So you would use no alternative on this kid???? Thats if he even had a "bomb."

Your mentality is kill 1st ask questions later. Thats sick.

And you are right, sadly, many cops would agree with you. My neighbor was shot and killed by a cop because he had a screw driver in his hand. The cop thought it was a knife that he could use to kill him. Same evil mentality.

[edit on 9-12-2008 by lucidclouds]

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
WHY SO PUBLICITY AND RIOTING IF A CRIMINAL WAS 15 YEARS OLD? DOES THE WORLD UNDER SIEGE OF THE SO CALLED YOUNG INNOCENT THUGS WHO CAN DO ANYTHING BUT NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO PUNISH AND DISCIPLINE THEM IN THE NAME OF CHILDREN PROTECTION AND SO ON HYSTERIA GOING ON SINCE A COUPLE LAST YEARS? WHY WE CAN'T ACCEPT THAT ANY AGE, EVERYONE IS HUMAN. NO BRAINWASH AS INNOCENT CHILDREN OR CRIMINAL ONLY ADULTS, YOUNG PEOPLE ARE JUST PEOPLE AS DIRTY, FILTHY AND CRIMINAL AS ANYONE CAN BE. EHOUGH IS ENOUGH, WHEN THIS YOUNG BASTARD HIDE WHERE LAW IS GAGGED AGAINST DISCIPLINE THEM. BRING BACK THE DAYS OF CORRECTION CAMPS AND LABOUR SCHOOLS FOR THIS FREE WILLING DRUNG PEDDLING SO CALLED YOUNG ONES, WHO ARE VERY CUNNINGLY PROTECTED BECAUSE DEMOCARCIES, SO CALLED DEMOCARCIES WHERE THEY STARTED ORIGINALLY, HAVE WASTED INTERESTS IN UNRULY GENERATIONS. ALL THE PROTECTION IS RUBBISH, DISCIPLINE THIS YOUNG THUGS WITH IRON HAND AND MADE THEM LABOUR FOR SOCIAL WORKS AND USE THEM AS FREE LABOUR TO CONSTUCT BUILDINGS AND ROADS, WHERE THEIR ENERGY WILL BE SO DRAINED, THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFT TO DRUG PATRTIES, RIOTS AND ANTI-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

No, if you ask any american cop they would of done the same thing

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

i heard the kid was a vazelo?

and if pao dont win tonight things could get worse

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by stoo82

hahahah so true about the the police letting anarxiki into the police stations.

and u sumed up what greek people are about..

they fight for wat is right. they live the true democracy of being free.

i remember when the goverment put speed cameras up not even hours later they were down and smashed

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. I would like to opoligise for the apaling use of the English Language. I have only just re-read my post, all I can say is that from the responces it seamed to have at least got my point across!

What I have heard about the riots now, is that they are peaceful protest through the day (with some true anarchists) causeing all the trouble. Most of the rioting is during the night.

I was watching the riots/protests on TV last night and it seemed to me that the police don't seem to be alble to do anything. The protesters are better armed than the police, with petrol bombs. The protesters throw the petrol bombs and stones/rocks at the police. All the police are doing is throwing a few tear gas things (sorry) and throw rocks back at the proteters. Bizar.

According to Greek law, the State is not alowed into Universities. This is due to the mass uprising in 1973 were the students took on the Greek military junta of 1967-1974. This law is now stopping the police from going into the universities and stopping the rioters from rearming.

en.wikipedia.org...

This 1973 protest is why the Greek Government will not use the miltary to stop the lastest protests.

But there is no question of calling in troops, our correspondent says: Greece has bitter memories of military rule so seeing troops on streets would be beyond the pale.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

1), if you are unaware, I am not a cop.
2) If you are unaware, I did not shoot the attempted murdering kid in Greece.

With that in mind, please stay on topic.

If you are not willing or capable of staying on topic and not posting anything but personal insults, you should avoid posting.

BTW, your posting of personal attacks/insults "IS" a clear breach of ATS rules, perhaps you need to review them.

That said.............. Of course, non deadly force would always be preferred.

Personally, I don't know what form of non-deadly weapons the Greek police can bring to bear on criminal's attacking them.

I mean what else could they have used to stop the youth with a bomb cold in his tracks far enough away from the officers so that they would not be hurt by the youth.

Also please note, I clearly stated, "IF" and only "IF" my facts were proven wrong, I would reconsider my position.

"IF" the kid was just standing there, then, no he should not have been shot and killed.

Btw, as an expanded point of this post, if the kid had a gun and ran at the cops pointing it at them, would it be different?

Also, seriously, think about someone running at YOU with a bomb or a gun and it was clear they intended to use it on you?

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Seems that you got the whole picture wrong people..
The policeman parked his car after the kid attacked him verbally.He got back, pointed the gun at Athe kid, and shot him..

So I can't understand anyone that is trying to justify the policeman.Such an action is unacceptabel and scary!Nobody has the power to take another's person life.Nobody!And policemen go over this limit more than often lately!
That's why i can not let the country that gave birth to democracy, turn to a fascist one.I don't support any kind of violence but I can say that I understand the people who vandalise.I guess we all know about action-reaction.
After the incident, rage is something you will definitely feel!And this can't be managed,especially if this was the last drop on the glass.But mainly, there are the people who demostrate peacefully and they are more than the ones who use violence.But these are not being broadcoasted from the media of course..
That's the democracy we live in...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"IF" you are correct, then of course, it was not a justified shooting.

The problem is that what I said is what all the verifiable news sources said.

I have not seen a verifiable news source saying different.

If you have any links to verifiable news sources, "PLEASE", "PLEASE" post them for all of us.

I feel we all need as much verifiable news about this and all incidents we discuss here at ATS.

You notice I keep saying verifiable, as someone’s word may not be good, people misunderstand/lie...., so this is why I said it as such.

Side Note: Everyone is entitled to their opinion on any and all subjects.
That said, you will be required to post proof of what you say or claim, else your thoughts/opinions will be suspect (no offence intended, really).

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

reply to post by lucidclouds

1), if you are unaware, I am not a cop.
2) If you are unaware, I did not shoot the attempted murdering kid in Greece.

With that in mind, please stay on topic.

If you are not willing or capable of staying on topic and not posting anything but personal insults, you should avoid posting.

BTW, your posting of personal attacks/insults "IS" a clear breach of ATS rules, perhaps you need to review them.

That said.............. Of course, non deadly force would always be preferred.

Personally, I don't know what form of non-deadly weapons the Greek police can bring to bear on criminal's attacking them.

I mean what else could they have used to stop the youth with a bomb cold in his tracks far enough away from the officers so that they would not be hurt by the youth.

Also please note, I clearly stated, "IF" and only "IF" my facts were proven wrong, I would reconsider my position.

"IF" the kid was just standing there, then, no he should not have been shot and killed.

Btw, as an expanded point of this post, if the kid had a gun and ran at the cops pointing it at them, would it be different?

Also, seriously, think about someone running at YOU with a bomb or a gun and it was clear they intended to use it on you?

So sorry. Let me restate this.

IMO that police officer in athens is sick for having a kill first mentality, along with anyone who would do the same, cop or not.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I have a feeling we aren't getting the full story here as we watch on our TV screens from the other side of the world... what was the original protest about? Was there anything else that happened in the recent months? It seems like a pretty unwarranted mass of rioting over the death of one person who was throwing a bomb at police.

Yeah, in my mind the idea of "riots" by indigenous Greek citizens just sounds fishy. Overthrowing the government usually means protests, not riots burning down your neighbors shops and destroying their cars. It is not normal for people to just start trashing the property of their own "neighbors who are just like them", well okay maybe in some parts of the world it is normal, but not in most parts.

Turns out there is way more to the story that the media is NOT discussing...

ATHENS: About 80,000 migrants have traveled to Greece this year and decided to stay illegally, according to the authorities, who say the country can no longer handle the task of guarding the European Union's southeast flank.

While initial problems with the flood of migrants from Africa and the Middle East who are desperate to enter Europe centered on the Aegean islands, migrants are now wreaking havoc in the capital.

The historic center of Athens has been riven by several street battles in recent months, involving what the police characterize as rival groups, often involved in dealing drugs, from Afghanistan, Iraq and war-torn African countries wielding swords, axes and machetes.
www.iht.com...

[edit on 10-12-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stoo82

Soo,

For what little it's worth;

I was able to clearly and easily understand your points.

I may not agree fully with you, but you were more than clear enough to be understood.

Remember, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

That said, you must prove your points to be believed with.

Please, keep posting your thoughts/opinions/facts and news links.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Sonya,

Thanks for your very interesting link and facts.

I was unaware of that, all 80K illegal immigrants.

With all due respect, is it being implied that it was the immigrants that were rioting/looting/burning?????

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoonWith all due respect, is it being implied that it was the immigrants that were rioting/looting/burning?????

Interpret it as you like. Yet it is pretty unusual (unheard of) for people in Europe to destroy the property of their "own" in a protest. Usually they have some sense of kinship with their own countrymen, and realize that torching someone's car or small store is not going to hurt the "government".

I just wonder why most of the articles on this subject keeps referring to them all as "students". Even articles about the victim that started this fiasco often fail to mention that there is a large disenfranchised illegal immigrant community in Athens that initially
reacted violently when an immigrant was killed by the police.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Hi, just wondering if you were watching the riots live? There were mostley students. They did not cover their faces (although a few did with scarves), i could clearly see them. There were also some older men throwing stones aswell, but they look very Greek to me. The riot of the last few days had nothing to do with illegal immigrants.

Someone else here posted about OTEnet and not being able to get a job becuase of coruption. Well what he said hit the nail on the head, the coruption in this country flows from top to bottom.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join