It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greek Riots getting worse!!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by mrmonsoonWith all due respect, is it being implied that it was the immigrants that were rioting/looting/burning?????

Interpret it as you like. Yet it is pretty unusual (unheard of) for people in Europe to destroy the property of their "own" in a protest. Usually they have some sense of kinship with their own countrymen, and realize that torching someone's car or small store is not going to hurt the "government".

I just wonder why most of the articles on this subject keeps referring to them all as "students". Even articles about the victim that started this fiasco often fail to mention that there is a large disenfranchised illegal immigrant community in Athens that initially
reacted violently when an immigrant was killed by the police.

Sorry, we agree on some things but you are most certainly wrong on this one.

As a youngster I saw the Poll Tax riots in London, they were intent on destroying everything.

Mob mentality doesn't discriminate, if you need fuel for a fire and you're standing next to a furniture shop, it's an easy target. The primary targets for destruction have been global companies, American corporations and banks.
This is no longer just about the boy being killed, it's about everything that these young people will be forced to inherit after these corrupt leaders have raided the coffers and systematically enslaved their nation either fiscally or through legislation.

And your comment about the immigrants is wrong also.

They are reporting a "student-led" rebellion because that is what it is. The students are known to be students because they are using colleges and universities as bases, the police are forbidden from entering these premises due to previous brutality against protesters.

I don't know why you are making this into an immigration issue, because it really has nothing to do with it. It's union workers and students leading the protests and fighting what they see as a vastly corrupt government, a violent police force and unfair financial/taxation decisions.
I've heard several of the protesters on the news stating that they are doing this because of
1) The unjust murder of a teenager,
2) The financial crisis exacerbated by a corrupt government,
3) A fight against corporate globalization, and
4) Previous peaceful protests to call for new elections have been ignored.

And it's kicking off again today, with several thousand protesters of all ages.

They want to see a new government elected by the people, and they feel that the only way to do this is to force the current power to step down.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
here is a link to pic's of some cops that did not shoot the person with the gas bomb and were set on fire for it.

This is a perfert example of why the kid with the gas bomb was shot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

YOu do not seem to be able or willing to accept what others have already pointed out.

Before the riots started the police shot a kid dead in the streets.

This kid did not have a petrol bomb.

People learned of this and got pissed.

Rioted ensued.

I do not know if your watching CNN or Fox news but do yourself a favor. Turn off your tv and use the net for your news.

And if you do not know what CIA project mockingbird is then stop reading this hit whatever search engine you like and learn alot more about it.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Greece is the birthplace of Democracy, so fitting should it be the place of it's death as well.

I salute what these citizens are doing.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The OP continually asks for proof that the killed youngster did not have a gas bomb, but provides no proof that he did have such a weapon. Proving a negative is nigh on impossible. We tend to presume what we want to believe.

It will be interesting to see how the charges against the policemen turn out. Looks like the authorities in Athens don’t watch a lot of Faux News. I suppose it’s possible that the gov would charge the officers falsely in an attempt to mollify the mob, but that wouldn’t be my first assumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join