It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
reply to post by lifeform

no, perhaps you didnt get it . these authors produce those books in spite they know its rubbish, of course.

so it has nothing to do with book sales then does it? its about what you believe and what the evidence points to. BOOKS have nothing whatsoever to do with it at all. its all about the evidence you have been avoiding this whole time.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You said
For instance, did you know that Sumerian cultures believed the soul left our bodies through our eyes? That's why they depicted large eyed humans in their art. Beware of these authors who are selling you poorly researched "facts".

How did they know that this is why they were depicted with large eyes? Could they not have believed the soul left the body through the eyes because they were so large? Can you tell me where that is documented?

Also want to say, you are very right about the "cherry pickers".

I love this topic and believe there is much to learn from the Sumaerians.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Im not talking about you and antis argument alone im talking about the whole AAT issue overall. Consider the source.

And alot of the so called evidence is based on pre concieved notions of objects and pictures found in the ancient world that people see "things " in because now we have helicopters and rockets, so people see those and say "aha! aliens" but those symbols had real meaning beyond their visual depiction, or the attempts at linking the bible and religion to AAT by using cheap anecdotes regarding bible verses and other creation myths that involve people living in the "sky", as if the only way humans could ever invent religion and such things is if it were...ALIENS.

Theire is no real hard evidence, only anecdotal, and its based off bulogni and it is an insult to the entire human race

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by anti72

sorry, this is NO EVIDENCE.
NO PROVE.
books and hearsay.

Däniken wrote bestsellers bacause he was a broke hotelier these days. dont forget that.

This is not something Daniken discovered. Its something I discovered. And have proven. Right here. On ATS. Learn to read.

Since you are calling the Evidence I posted hearsay I must conclude that you are not interested in it.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

well, allegedly , there IS REAL proove.

we are waiting.

[edit on 4-12-2008 by anti72]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
"Im not talking about you and antis argument alone im talking about the whole AAT issue overall. Consider the source. "

maybe im missing something here, but is'nt the source of the information coming directly from the ancient people who lived at that time and know better than us what occured at that time?

the source of the information never changes. only how its interpretated, and there is no right way to do that with 100% accuracy when we are dealing with things that don't fit our reality in the present day. who's to say the mainstream interpretation is the correct one just because they say so? "its all myth".

well what if its not?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

dammmmmm you just schooled homie, NAVALFC stay out

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sky .. The skeptics are welcome on this thread but you dont have to waste your "energy" playing their game. Trust that more people than you realize can spot the "derailers/debunkers" quickly. You mentioned earlier about them "at least" addressing a specific point YOU made .. maybe you can stick to that for .... us. Sorry .. I dont mean to bittchh but this thread is way above "them" .. A debate is a debate but ...uuhhh

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The only old extraterrestial is a Wacko who thought he was shoved in one of those ships. All were born after 1940 and by 45 we had rocket science to go into space. Go figure, but I guess this BS was not really around the time of The Bible.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DrPaulisENKI

There is a difference between contributable skepticisim and outright discussion disruption.

I for one enjoy the skeptics that actually put in alternative views that have information to add to the discussion, not those that repeat "bull" and "utter nonsense", or the same repeating posts over and over, to which really only shows their intelligence level, and obvious intent of disruption and ruining the enjoyment of those participating in the discussion.

There should be a new rule here that would weed out the obvious thread disruptors, and as you pointed out, are very easy to spot.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

.. Are you referencing authors who wrote about AAT? ... Do their theories make you very angry? What did you think about skyfloatings presentation so far? ... What point do you disagree with the most?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Cheers to you as well! .... My mind is in no way made up about the "truth" we all seek, but i seriously believe that logic really leans towards the points that have been elegantly laid out here by skyfloating. Unfortunately the debates against it are usually just weak. Sad but true. YES! .. That's a challenge.

goodness it could be weeks before we even get to genetic manipultion etc.. maybe we'll have a formidable skeptic by then

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Yeah, I agree, humans couldn't have possibly made the egyptian pyramids.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by notyme67

2.5 million 2.5 ton stones. no this is not possible to do therefore it has never been duplicated, the closest someone came was one 1/40th the size of it.

don't believe what you read about it just because AMERICAN archeologists were the ones doing the investigation, ig-nor!...u ant. little man

[edit on 4-12-2008 by unknown known]

[edit on 4-12-2008 by unknown known]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This might surprise our broken record, but I dont believe that aliens built the pyramids. Humans did, with such precision and grace that they have withstood the test of time and continue to mystify many archeologists and experts as to how, when, why, and some..who.

Now this is just my opinion, so dont go freaking out there broken record, but I believe they are MUCH older than the A-typical belief of 5000 years. I think they are 10,000 + and perhaps older...perhaps going into the noted "first time" which pre-dated conventional Egyptian timelines.

And these humans of the first time, had the skills and technology to build these monuments of such precision, to which has yet to be replicated with today's technology. The argument has been said, that the reason why no one has duplicated these pyramids is because of the cost. Well perhaps. But after all, arent these things made of simply limestone and natural materials? If a billionare can spend hords of money on something that will never reclaim itself, why not attempt to build another great pyramid, exactly like the original one?

Maybe it is not because of finances, but perhaps because it simply cannot be done with the precision as the original is.

The other pyramids, the ones that are sloppy looking, those that do not have the precise block fitting and placement, the ones that look all deformed and lopsided, those are most likely built by the more recent ancient Egyptian civilizations of 5000 yrs ago. But at Giza, IMO, no.

Cheers!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I do agree with regressing abilities of ancient man ... but ... my opinions on the pyramids is a bit different than yours. Humans could have been invloved but the technology(my opinion; ORMUS elements=levitating blocks) ..was from gods/aliens. Thats a whole different thing but .....fits in nicely IMHO

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The United States Presidential library system has cost more than the pyramids did ten fold and cover an immense amount of land, as compared to the acres that the pyramids take up. So no the question of money is not an issue.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrPaulisENKI

I complain about retrospectively analysing an old document with one war aim in mind, Iraq. Sorry, Aliens. You can prove anything with enough BS. We were not bothered with aliens before we imagined other planets. Geddit? They would have attacked us by now anyway, the only people who stress at all about it are the Wackos. So I rest my case.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

With all respect... i dont understand what you are talking about? .The world is leaving you behind.... I'm sorry. Pounding your fist on the table in disgust of authors who once offended your dogma are your problem. If chiming in with tripe makes you feel better than that is also ...your problem. This thread will continue to piss you off ...of that i'm certain

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

Why would they attack us? What did we do to them?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join