It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Extraterrestrials

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
thats a main critic point for the ´ancient astronaut theory´:

at what point of theoretical (perhaps scientific) discussion are aliens needed?
you can explain everything there with a fitting theory, BUT aliens.

its nonsense.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform

Originally posted by anti72
@ Erich von Däniken
why the hell would an´alien high tech´spaceship need complicated landing strips like a big airline plane ?

yet your comfortable believing balloons would need complicated landing strips?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by lifeform]

absolutely not. thats what you think of perhaps.

- do you know the´strips´are of the same age as the other finds at all ?
- there are theories that explain the lines, structures, animals as built for mythological and astronomic porposes.
thats not stupid to think of.

as aliens.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinwiddy

I appreciate the leak, but we`d actually need a source and a name to back that up

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

its nonsense.

aliens are not needed, but to not include them as a possibility simply means you have discarded lots of the available information because it dos'nt fit your belief system. the ancients talk about gods from the havens, not us. we just try to understand what they were talking about.

to say aliens are not needed is true but you would have to ignore the fact that the ancients talked about something which was occuring in the skies, and which points to living gods that came from the havens.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

are there any real scientific proofs for ancient astronauts ?
I dont know any. just funny speculative books.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

are there any real scientific proofs for ancient astronauts ?
I dont know any. just funny speculative books.

Since you are talking about Nazca, Alien Pyramids and asking if there is any proof, I assume you havent read the opening posts and the references to other threads and the evidence already provided in this thread.

Dont be lazy. Dont believe what they tell you in school. Look deeper.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

@ Erich von Däniken
why the hell would an´alien high tech´spaceship need complicated landing strips like a big airline plane ?

yet your comfortable believing balloons would need complicated landing strips?

[edit on 4-12-2008 by lifeform]

absolutely not. thats what you think of perhaps.

- do you know the´strips´are of the same age as the other finds at all ?
- there are theories that explain the lines, structures, animals as built for mythological and astronomic porposes.
thats not stupid to think of.

as aliens.

its not about what is more stupid to believe, its about what the evidence points to. obviously you think its about whats more sensible to believe.

you said that they look like airplane landing strips, would balloons need them? why were they building landing strips fit for an airplane?

have you ever questioned why a balloon would need a landing strip? balloons can take of and land almost anywhere and do not need a mile long landing strip, so what did?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
With the Nazca lines, I'm sure there are those who have mentioned possible other human based ways to fly using balloons in some way that we now have or some type of kite or bird-like glider.

And or possibly at night using some type of flamable material such as logs one might use for an S.O.S. I still like the notion of a landmark and landing strip, although, UFOs we see today wouldn't need those. That's where the flying craft in those hieroglyphics starts to make more sense.

At least one of these Nazca line drawings reminded me of my etch-a-sketch when I was a kid. It would appear someones abilities have greatly improved by then to what we now see with crop circles and drawings.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

its nonsense.

aliens are not needed, but to not include them as a possibility simply means you have discarded lots of the available information because it dos'nt fit your belief system. the ancients talk about gods from the havens, not us. we just try to understand what they were talking about.

to say aliens are not needed is true but you would have to ignore the fact that the ancients talked about something which was occuring in the skies, and which points to living gods that came from the havens.

again nonsense, sorry.

- you dont know anything PROOFABLE about ANCIENT or NOWADAYS ALIEN (astronaut or not ) to be able to include this in a theory.

- why are AAT- believers not satisfied with the normal archeological facts ?
because they are boring/ not SCI-FI/ entertainment enough?

-´gods from above´ refer to higher spiritual beings, why not?
are you 100% sure they were so dumb to have no higher religious and spiritual knowledge? all nonsense?

no aliens in sight.

I could IMAGINE whole worlds..but

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform

no, you didn´t read my post carefully.
I wrote, that it´s not yet clear how old the lines/ culture of ´line -makers´ is and who old other cultures there.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

again nonsense, sorry.

-´gods from above´ refer to higher spiritual beings, why not?
are you 100% sure they were so dumb to have no higher religious and spiritual knowledge? all nonsense?

AAT-proponents have no problem with spiritual beings. Personally, I believe in spiritual realities.

I do not however believe that the God who ask for his people to get down on their knees, worship him and sacrifice a goat and a virgin and then flew off in his chariot, is describing a spiritual being, but rather a megalomaniac extraterrestrial.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Its not a matter of spiritual belief or whatever, the fact is that there exists no evidence to suggest that these ancient gods were extraterrestrials.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu
Its not a matter of spiritual belief or whatever, the fact is that there exists no evidence to suggest that these ancient gods were extraterrestrials.

There is in fact evidence. Note my comparison-of-mythology threads and posts in this thread

You skeptics love to generalize. How about addressing specific posts of evidence

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
"- why are AAT- believers not satisfied with the normal archeological facts ?
because they are boring/ not SCI-FI/ entertainment enough?
"

because they do not include all the avaible information. which is something you are infact doing yourself.

you are simply saying "i don't believe this" "i'm going to discard all the information given because it dos'nt fit my belief system"

rather than going over the information properly.

normal archeological pratices are "ah this dos'nt fit, ah well it must of been a myth"

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turiddu

besides, there is more scientific proof of spiritual science than of aliens.
just think of the old australian painings (´gods´,´astronauts´)
it is plausible that these shamans had strong inner visions of the astral level.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

besides, there is more scientific proof of spiritual science than of aliens.
just think of the old australian painings (´gods´,´astronauts´)
it is plausible that these shamans had strong inner visions of the astral level.

Would you have read carefully you would have found that it has been shown that the Australian Aborigines, who have reports about what certain Australian places looked like 10 000 years ago - and that these have been proven to be totally accurate accounts by a team of Australian geologists.

Did I mention that their "myths" also featured ETs?

This does not mean that shamans and astral visions dont exist. They exist alongside an extraterrestrial reality.

Would you actually care to read some of the evidence provided?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

sorry, this is NO EVIDENCE.
NO PROVE.
books and hearsay.

Däniken wrote bestsellers bacause he was a broke hotelier these days. dont forget that.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

AAT-proponents have no problem with spiritual beings. Personally, I believe in spiritual realities.

I do not however believe that the God who ask for his people to get down on their knees, worship him and sacrifice a goat and a virgin and then flew off in his chariot, is describing a spiritual being, but rather a megalomaniac extraterrestrial.

Read Steven Greer's book hidden truth forbidden knowledge on pages 254-255. There's a whole paragraph that talks about how AAT and God can coexist.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I agree with the earlier post that ancient civilizations (more 10,000 years ago) may have developed "natural" technology - what we would call magic today. I keep thinking about the Mayans, how they disappeared, and how we don't know what happened to them. One possibility I consider is that they acheived a heightened awareness and moved on to the next state.

I also like the devolution of Egyptian culture pointed out by Sky. Once they reach a state of equilibrium, all things tend to decay. I could see how humans may have reached their peak long ago, and have since been sliding down hill. Especially when I look around today, I can't help but feel that we are the dregs of what humans once were.

Finally, going back to the Baghdad Battery, it could be simple mimicry. The ancients were shown a real battery and were given a general explaination of how it works and, after the aliens left, tried to make their own based.

Who knows...personally, I would not be surprised to find out that we are the progeny of a group of aliens who shipwrecked here millenia ago and began breeding with the hominids that roamed the land.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join