It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something never spoken about: Mandatory Service enaction under Obama & Rahm Emanuel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Rahm Emanuel

Obama

I have not seen anyone talk about this and this is a very big deal. I wonder what Rahm Emanuel meant when he said "there are a lot more challenges now" to justify a security force. And I hate how demeaning he was when he said "if you wonder if you have to do 30 jumping jacks then yes". What a jerk. I hope all the Obama people are happy, let's just hope there isn't some evil blob waiting for us in the coming years. I do not expect any kid to serve in some phoney liberal national security force.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hmmmm. On the one hand it would probably help toughen americans up a bit, particularly the metro-sexual males, but I don't think that is why the government would want to do it.

Does raise a lot of questions.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Hmmmm. On the one hand it would probably help toughen americans up a bit, particularly the metro-sexual males, but I don't think that is why the government would want to do it.

Does raise a lot of questions.

It raises a lot of questions. And it won't just be males in it, it will be females as well. They will try to pass it off as being something good, but this is nothing more than a huge increase in government power (telling people to stop going to school for 3 months and do stuff that the government wants you to do), it is unconscionable.

What I want to know is, isn't Rahm Emanuel friends with Nancy Pelosi and her merry gang? Isn't she ultra liberal? Why would they ever agree to something like this?

This isn't even liberal or conservative, this is Facism.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I would like to know what the consequences will be if you're not a willing participant. It all sounds a bit nefarious to me.

As I stated in another thread a while back, I won't see my kids forced into it.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Actually, there was a thread on this about a week ago I believe, but it was derailed by the Obamaniacs saying things like "What do you have against doing community service? This is a good thing!", or just calling the OP and people who agreed with him "racists".

Yeah, good ol' Obby is going to turn this country into Nazi Germany, the very thing my ancestors fought against.

And to any of you D-Bags who say I'm a racist because I don't like Obama, screw off, I'm not some two party system sheep, I'm a Mountain Goat!

-Lahara

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I really think it's pretty funny; all the hippies that bought into Obama's "hope and change" are going to be in for a really big surprise when this takes effect.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It all comes back to experience. The ignorant people who voted this man into office are willing to put someone with no executive experience .. into play.

Would you start a freshman quarterback in a championship game ... who has never taken a snap?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
He is not speaking about joining the military. He is speaking about self-defense training so that everyone is at least slightly militarily trained so that in the event of a national invasion we will all be able to protect ourselves and our homes.

I personally wouldn't mind learning self-defense, shooting M4's, possibly buying M4's, and being able to fully defend myself in a militarized way in the event that there are terrorists outside my door.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl
He is not speaking about joining the military. He is speaking about self-defense training so that everyone is at least slightly militarily trained so that in the event of a national invasion we will all be able to protect ourselves and our homes.

I personally wouldn't mind learning self-defense, shooting M4's, possibly buying M4's, and being able to fully defend myself in a militarized way in the event that there are terrorists outside my door.

You ,my friend, should move to Israel. They feel the same way you do.....

I've said this on the thread started by "anotherdad" last week as long as it is madatory it wrong wrong wrong wrong..............

'nough said....

edit : ...........typo's again

[edit on 23/11/2008 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blowfishdl

He is speaking about forcing 18-25 year olds into a boot camp sort of thing where they can then do a bunch of crap that the government would like them to do. Where does it say they can do that in the constitution? NO WHERE.

If you would like to do it, then by all means, do it. I, however, would not and many others do not, so why should we have to do it? You do know that people have their plans sorted out. School, work, etc. Serving in a government boy scouts isn't on my list.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

Yeah, this whole thing goes against my religion as well, I believe in not killing anyone, I believe in peace and love, so being forced to join a "Citizen Security Force" or whatever he calls it, that's bigger and more well funded than the military (whatever happened to cutting back on "pork barrel spending"?), is against my religion, I will not kill others, I will not disarm or force people into camps either.

I honestly thought Bush would start this bs that Obama is planning

I guess my only choice is to build an "Ah-Kuhk-Mahk-Tah" and fly outta here, but where would I go?

There are no more safe places in the universe.

-Lahara

[edit on 23-11-2008 by TheRandom1]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blowfishdl

Really? Obama obviously hates gun ownership. Are you really that slow? If you want to learn to shoot an M4, why the # would you support a gun grabber like Obama? A guy that supports a ban on ALL semi automatic weapons. My Grandpa gave me a shotgun made in 1910 that is semi automatic. My God. This foolishness will never end. Have fun in your Obama youth camps.

top topics

join