It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive object crashes over Edmonton, Canada

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I don't mean to muddy the waters here-this has already been pretty conclusively provn to be a meteorite/bolide-but has anyone else noticed the content of this thread posted on 14th Nov:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and particularly this passage :

As the asteroid would begin to enter Earth’s uppermost atmosphere, it would be seen as a large bright-green bolide. At a lower altitude, atmospheric friction would have created an enormous dark reddish-orange glow in the air that will be visible across eastern North America, such that a thousand miles away from the Impact Zone, a reddish glow would backlight even the Toronto skyline in Canada. Indeed, from Halifax, Nova Scotia to Boston, Washington, DC, Miami, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Venezuela the glow would be visible.

from this linked site:

www.drboylan.com...

I am not, for a second, saying that the recent Canadian meteorite and Dr Boylan's predictions are connected. But, I hope you'll agree, the similarities are quite spooky.

Just my 2cent.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I live about three hours south of Edmonton and I saw the flash from the object. I was driving west and suddenly saw a moment of bright sky like you see when lighting hits at night or from a camera flash. I thought that perhaps I was just seeing things and thought nothing of it until I returned home later on that evening. I logged onto ATS to see what had been happening while I was away and I could not believe my eyes when I saw the report about the Edmonton object. My parents live close to Edmonton and I phoned my dad right away. He said that he was outside when it happend and that he had seen it. He said that it was a large and very bright light with a trailing of fire behind it and then pieces of bright stuff behind that coming off simular to large sparks.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Really amazing video, but it seems like it happened before, it is a rare thing but not an ufo.

Here is a similar event captured in Australia:

[edit on 21-11-2008 by cosby]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I saw a bright orange streak in my nighttime sky last Saturday, a week ago now. It was about the same altitude that planes fly, and had a tail. I dont know what it was but I was expecting a boom, and none came. by the way, I didnt read through all 25 pages, so I dont know if an explanation was posted, all I know is, what I saw was unlike anything Ive ever seen before, and Ive seen plenty of shooting stars and even a UFO....(so did my mom and dad and sister, so Im not a crank or anything)
that first video, looks very much like what I saw...
edited to add, I live in Northern CA, in the Sierra Nevada mountains about 2 hrs away from Reno.

[edit on 11/21/08 by irishgrl]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This from SpaceWeather.com ensure you select the November 21 2008 page.

"The brilliant fireball appeared to be closer than the airplane in the upper right corner of this video," says Bartlett. "I made the movie using a Canon A510."

The nature of the object is uncertain. The slow pace of the fireball favors decaying space junk and indeed it may have been a Soyuz rocket body reentering Earth's atmosphere a day earlier than expected. The Soyuz rocket launched a Russian Defense Ministry reconnaissance satellite codenamed Kosmos-2445 on Nov. 14th. We cannot yet rule out the possibility that this was a small asteroid disintegrating in Earth's atmosphere; in the statistics of fireballs, asteroids outnumber rocket bodies by a wide margin.

UPDATE: The Saskatchawan fireball was not Soyuz. The Russian rocket body that propelled Kosmos-2445 to orbit was still being tracked 10+ hours after the fireball sighting. This means the fireball was almost certainly a small asteroid.

WG3

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

Hoax as in it was not real, it did not happen in actuality, and it was an illusion. We fall for it and then they know that they can go ahead with their bigger plan- the fake alien attack on earth. Soon they use the same technology to make hoax (fake) UFOs and REAL triangular spacecraft (which are human craft) to battle it out over our heads. Then immediately we of the ignorant are baffled and know that there are aliens out there.

We would not be the wiser.

Also not that anyone is even aware at the moment, but I had a dream when I was a young boy about an alien battle that was taking place right over my head and up in the sky at my grandmothers. This will happen, and we will still be ignorant.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
How hard is it to pinpoint where it landed? I'd imagine that using 'triangulation' from the many witnesses you might get a general idea of where to look.
I wish I'd be there right now, I'd be out with my gear hunting it down

link   
Last wednsday my girlfriend was telling me she seen a very bright object in the sky that was gone in a matter of second's. She was with her mother and they both say it was like nothing they ever seen before. This could of been a part of the meteor that ended up in Canada.

This was seen in Southern New Hampshire.

link   
reply to post by awakened sleeper

I believe a fake alien invasion would A) look like an alien invasion and B) Be covered by ALL media, to increase the supposed fear.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is the Indian spacecraft that shot its payload down to the Lunar surface on the 14th being tracked?

The pulsing brightness and slow reported speed of this object make me wonder if it was something other than a meteor.

The official silence in America makes me wonder what is being hidden.

The Indian craft was said to be powered by liquid fuel. If it was that, I hope it was not nuclear powered. At least it was unmanned.

The timing seems about right.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 281011
re the "UFO" in the corner of one of the vids.....

isn't the area near an airport? Might simply be a plane landing/taking off?

Yes.

That video was taken by a gentleman who was taking pictures with his cell phone, of airplanes coming in to the airport.

When he seen the sky light up, he started recording with his cell phone.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I agree. The stage is set and I feel that this will happen in 2009. I am aware however nothing is set in stone and everything is open to change. Being aware of the fact that this may or may not happen is wanted.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

also interseting to note on the dash video, to the left are the letters "NWOO" ... hmmmm
uk.youtube.com...

[edit on 21-11-2008 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

Yeah, and right when the fireball burns out the letters switch to NWO2. You can barely see it, watch closely.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Snip It was a meteorite and there was nothing more to it. I would hate to live a life such as yours...full of paranoid delusions. Why don't you people just leave these intelligent conversations and start your own paranoid threads.

Mod Note: Please Reiview Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on 21/11/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Internos as always excellent job and Zorgon been a long time.

What my old eyes see is an energy blast from one of the ships destroying something before it destoys us.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Holy bat balls...
. I can't believe how you people can turn a simple meteorite into a UFO invasion....etc. It was a simple meteorite.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I witnessed this event. There was a band of clouds in the sky. After it fell below the cloud it broke apart into 8 or 10 pieces. Orange color. Space junk.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I'm sorry but there's absolutely nothing fake about this event seeing as how it's not unique to our time or context. Bolides, shooting stars, meteorites, fireballs, whatever they're called are a natural and extremely common event. If you're prone to being outside at night for a good few hours you'd be familiar with it and would have witnessed something similar in magnitude by now. The assumption that somebody faked this event for some ludicrous reason to generate some sort of reaction shouldn't even be taken seriously.

Also, what's up with the silly cop out? If you're so keen to believe that everything natural isn't natural but supernatural for the purpose of some great visitation in 2009, why back down and give us the reach around? Stick to your story. Don't tell me that you could be a few couple of hundred years off, that's just not fair.

Anyways, we had a fairly large bolide west of Boston during the middle of August, around 3:00am. Pretty spectacular one, didn't have the large "corona" type effect this baby had. Although, it was slightly green and quite slow in comparison. It was a neat night though, thanks to the prelude of countless shooting stars that preceded the event.

It doesn't seem like this one touched ground though. It'd be a heck of a find though, can't be larger than a tin can. Good hunting if you live around there.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I think most realize that. But being a conspiracy site, are you surprised some people believe other things? I'm not. Why are you here, if people with conspiracy theories on a conspiracy theories website offends you?

Or maybe you just enjoy acting superior to those with ideas other than your own.

But as far as the object goes: meteorite imo, pretty clear from reports. Still would have loved to see it, cool stuff.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'd like to point out that the video in question was taken with a Canon A510.

The author of the video also stated:

The brilliant fireball appeared to be closer than the airplane in the upper right corner of this video. I made the movie using a Canon A510.

www.startrails.com...
And this puts to rest the alleged UFO in the upper right corner (R.I.P. †).

Regarding what it was, i'd wait until they (hopefully) find the crash site: so far, the nature of the object is uncertain.

(Link by waveguide3)

[edit on 21/11/2008 by internos]

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join