It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Lander silent; Mars mission over, NASA says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Phoenix Lander silent; Mars mission over, NASA says

edition.cnn.com

A dust storm and the onset of Martian winter have brought the Phoenix Mars Lander's mission to an end, NASA announced Monday.

The lander's solar panel and robotic arm with a sample in its scoop are seen in this June 2008 image.

1 of 2 "We are actually ceasing operations, declaring an end to mission operations at this point," project manager Barry Goldstein with NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory told reporters in a teleconference.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
topics.edition.cnn.com
topics.edition.cnn.com

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
It is sad that the Phoenix that has helped man understand so much more about the red planet is silent now.

We would miss the wonderful pictures that it had sent to us. Although we must be happy that it lived an extended life much beyond what was planned.

The article mentions that the Phoenix helped us in investigating if any organic compounds were present on Mars.

While man may one day colonize Mars, the Phoenix was up there even when manned Mars missions are being planned

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Or, did they really find something and this is just a easy excuse to move it into Top Secret.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The lander found much more than was disclosed.There were fossils and live beings there I unmasked.I'm Jerry in Delaware,vze2xjjk on these boards.All the landers,except the ones that crashed fullfilled their missions with evidence of life on Mars.The rovers found more life than the landers exponentially since the live animals and humanoids flocked to them over the years.With the info I have the Op and Spirit rovers are excellent sites for abundant life. Phoenix was a more hostile landing site for weather so th findings were less dramatic,yet any findings at all were encouraging.Phoenix landed directly over a fossil the sze of your face yet no-one seems to have made a big deal over it because so fwhave good pattern recognition.Imagine a face mask looking upward at the bottom of Phoenix lander after being uncovered of a layer of dust for many years,blown off by phoenix rockets for landing. That's what most of you missed with your own eyes. I come to ATS less and less for new information.Jerry

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Or, did they really find something and this is just a easy excuse to move it into Top Secret.

Yes.. they found GODZILLA!

LOL....

I was just about to make a fake post that sounded like yours but with obvious sarcasm...

You beat me to it!

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Curious.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

About what? The Youtube doesn't seem to be playing.

NEver mind... I just had to wait a while....

:-)

[edit on 21-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
ZOMG they found optimus prime. NOO!!!!!1

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by pluckynoonez

About what? The Youtube doesn't seem to be playing.

NEver mind... I just had to wait a while....

:-)

[edit on 21-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

It's footage from Transformers

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sorry, (Head hanging in shame)
Maybe they just got sick of hiding?

new topics

top topics

join