It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. and San Fransico, Modern day Sodom and Gomorrah

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   

With four helicopters flying overhead, we had no idea what to expect early this evening at Market and Seventh Street, at least in terms of turnout, regarding tonight's Prop. 8 protest.

It was huge. Massive.

Although SFGate (via AP) reports a scant 1,000 protesters, we can safely say that that number is false. People who showed up to protest the passing of prop. 8 -- gay, straight, tranny, black, Latino, Mormon, rich, poor, Christian, white, atheist, even a couple of furries -- were there in numbers that reached the thousands.

As of 8:15 p.m., we're hearing a number of around 25,000 people, at least according to KPIX. PinkNews reports 15,000+.

sfist.com...

There is little doubt that the passage of prop 8 has brought out the abominations of mankind into the streets demanding to "know the strangers" and they did in Lots time just before fire rained down from God.....

Homosexuals demanding to be "accepted" as normal humans..........

Much of the damage to homes and a small Christian college occurred overnight Thursday, but several more homes burned Friday in Montecito, a quaint area that has attracted celebrities such as Rob Lowe, Jeff Bridges, Michael Douglas and Oprah Winfrey. More than 1,000 firefighters worked to contain the blaze.

"It's not a time to relax," Santa Barbara County Deputy Fire Chief Tom Franklin said late Friday. "Everybody's got to be diligent through tonight."

Franklin said up to 200 homes may have burned in the area and asked for patience as crews tried to catalog the devastation in hilly areas accessible only by winding roads.

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

These fires are a warning from God to the righteous people of california to flee before the destruction of BOTH cities of sin.

Is it only a coincidence than these fire, the worst ever seen,have "popped" up just days after the abominations of God took to the streets?

The wrath of the Lord God will soon rain destruction of those who basphem his name demanding to corrupt "holy" marriage of a man and woman.

Repent or DIE...........

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

OH ouch?

Are you trying to get people angry?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

OH ouch?

Are you trying to get people angry?

No just stating Gods truth and will...............

21And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.

22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

23Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

24Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:

25And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.

26Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:

27(For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled

28That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

29For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

30Therefore shall ye keep mine ordinance, that ye commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.

www.biblegateway.com...

This pretty well covers abortion, homosexuality, beastiality, and the fact that these vile things are abominations before God.......

[edit on 15-11-2008 by heliosprime]

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
You see,the thing is,i and alot of other people dont care what God says.

Thats about all ive got to say...Obvious baiting though.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So much thumbs down that I don't think God himself could hold back from laughing.

Learn to respect other peoples wishes and decisions; not going to get into an argument with a bible thumper but you seriously need to lighten up.

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Matthew 7:12

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What about the people of California who voted to ban gay marriage? What about there rights? The people have spoken. The losers need to man up (or woman up) and deal with it. They lost. THey need to get over it.
Hey, I voted for McCain. I lost. I'm not pissed, I'm not in the streets raising hell. That's because I respect the system, because the system works!

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Dude check the facts,we in California have voted and are against gay marriages,go pick on a state that allows such practice,and most of the freaks around here are transplants not locals

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow. Just .... WOW!

I voted for Prop 8 and opposed gay marriage but I think it is wrong for you to play God and sit in judgement the way that you have. I'm embarrassed for you and I apologize to those that take offense to your post and ask that they understand that you are speaking for yourself and not for others that supported Prop 8.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

ahhhh boo

I always thought Las Vegas had that title

Oh well I guess

I have no issues with gay marriages if that's their thing who really cares what I have issues with are gay couples adopting children what are they creating the next generation of Gay people?

And what does that do to children when they reach high school imagine all the ridicule the kids will go through you know teenagers can be brutal

Why set children up for that just so they can have their gay relationship and try to act like a traditional set of parents.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hey, you left out the whole part about how eating shellfish and pork is just as bad as the "abominations" you posted. Now why would you go and do that?

Oh, and Montecito is neither LA nor SF, so either your theory is shot or your God needs to brush up on his geography.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/15/08 by niteboy82]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I am not sure on this but I've been needing this answered...

Doesn't the concept of marraige/union have its origin in the Bible?

If so why do the homosexuals fight against the Bible with one hand and with the other seek to apply its concepts to their life style?

Am I missing something here?

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

*snip*

I have no issues with gay marriages if that's their thing who really cares what I have issues with are gay couples adopting children what are they creating the next generation of Gay people?

And what does that do to children when they reach high school imagine all the ridicule the kids will go through you know teenagers can be brutal

Why set children up for that just so they can have their gay relationship and try to act like a traditional set of parents.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by SLAYER69]

That's pretty ignorant. Setting up the next generation of Gay people? First of all, Gay people have been around for thousands of years, without the help of adoptions. Secondly, how did they all get here? Straight parents. So now YOUR theory is pretty much blown.

As for High School, the "brutal" nature and the act of teasing and discriminating is taught. Children should be taight not to behave that way. The ones who do still behave that way will find a reason to tease, they always have, and they always will. Do you really think if gay parentage was done away with, High Schoolers would live in peace? No, the bullies will always find someone to pick on, no matter who their parents are.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

If so why do the homosexuals fight against the Bible with one hand and with the other seek to apply its concepts to their life style?

Yes, you're missing something. Marriage/union is not a soley religious concept. The Bible does touch on it, but the Bible was written long after marraige existed. Do you think people didn't marry before Christianity came into existance? Do you think early pagans didn't have marraige/union ceremonies.

What you fail to understand is that not everyone follows, accepts, or bleives the Bible to be the final word, and should not be forced to live by it's doctrine.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

You forgot to mention John 8:7, Let he that is without sin cast the first stone.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by lonemaverick]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Layla
That's pretty ignorant. Setting up the next generation of Gay people? First of all, Gay people have been around for thousands of years, without the help of adoptions. Secondly, how did they all get here? Straight parents. So now YOUR theory is pretty much blown.

Sadly it's not a theory it's an opinion

Secondly Teenagers are brutal by nature they are imature and will be so until they grow out of it

Thirdly whether biologically or religiously speaking there are men and women
they seem to be made for each other

Again I have no issues with gay people and marriages

I'm allowed my " OPINION " On gays adopting children thank you very much

Peace

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Layla

Originally posted by bruxfain

Yes, you're missing something. Marriage/union is not a soley religious concept. The Bible does touch on it, but the Bible was written long after marraige existed. Do you think people didn't marry before Christianity came into existance? Do you think early pagans didn't have marraige/union ceremonies.

What you fail to understand is that not everyone follows, accepts, or bleives the Bible to be the final word, and should not be forced to live by it's doctrine.

I am not sure that all people could marry in pre-biblical times. Only certain people. In pre-biblical times most people were owned by someone and property cannot marry. Only Royal or Noble marriages were recognized by law. But that is a long drawn out story and you may be very fixed in your beliefs.

Where is your evidence and proof that pagan's married or had the same concept of marriage as outlined in the Bible. It is one thing to assume that this was the case, it is another to prove it. Besides its not just the Bible that says that homosexuals cannot marry, apparently it is becoming the law of the land; decided in a democratic manner.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfainI am not sure that all people could marry in pre-biblical times. Only certain people. In pre-biblical times most people were owned by someone and property cannot marry. Only Royal or Noble marriages were recognized by law. But that is a long drawn out story and you may be very fixed in your beliefs.

Where is your evidence and proof that pagan's married or had the same concept of marriage as outlined in the Bible. It is one thing to assume that this was the case, it is another to prove it. Besides its not just the Bible that says that homosexuals cannot marry, apparently it is becoming the law of the land; decided in a democratic manner.

You used the term "concept of marriage". I like that, because I feel it supports my opinion. The Bible had it's "concept of marriage", other religions, societies and cultures have their own "concept" of marraige. I (and many others)have my "concept of marriage" and that is that it is a union between two consenting adults, committing to be together for a lifetime.

My husband is an Agnostic, I am a Christian (although I'm sure some would point theri fingers and argue that), we did not marry in a church or have a religious ceremony, but we are no less married.

The thing is, no one "concept of marriage" is more correct than another, and if two consenting adults want to be together for a lifetime, let them!

It cracks me up though, what a twisted world we live in, when a man can have a sex change, and then legally marry a man, and no one gives it a second thought. He get's it chopped and tucked and takes a few hormones and that makes it all better? Is he not still biologically a man? They still can't make children together. It's a bit hypocritical if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

What a bigoted, hate filled little person you are. It is this kind of crap which gives Christianity a bad name.

Down with the Christian Taleban, imo. They cause more issues around the world than homosexuals. FAR MORE.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69Sadly it's not a theory it's an opinion

Secondly Teenagers are brutal by nature they are imature and will be so until they grow out of it

Thirdly whether biologically or religiously speaking there are men and women
they seem to be made for each other

Again I have no issues with gay people and marriages

I'm allowed my " OPINION " On gays adopting children thank you very much

Peace

So your opinion is that gay people make gay people? That's what I'm trying to decipher. If that's so, where did the first gay person come from?

As for teenagers, that is exactly my point, they will always find someone to pick on, regardless of who their parents are. Kids with straight parents get picked on too.

No one said you weren't allowed your opinion, I'm just trying to comprehend it.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
At this time, please refrain from excessively quoting other's posts. Please only use the single post you are replying to in the quote tags, or use the reply function in order to prevent large nested quotes that create difficulty for those trying to follow the thread.

Big Quotes – Please Review This Link.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join