It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President-elect Obama's Employment Application Form Demands to Know if Applicants Are "Registered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

President-elect Obama's Employment Application Form Demands to Know if Applicants Are "Registered" Gun Owners

www.buckeyefirearms.org

The Obama administration’s employment application proves what NRA has been saying: the Obama administration is anti-firearms ownership and anti-Second Amendment.

And as this litmus test shows, they have every intention of putting together an administration that is hostile to firearms ownership and to Second Amendment rights.

One of their first official acts is to make a list of gun owners among their own employees. It proves where their hearts are. It shows what their philosophy is. This is more proof that this administration is coming after our freedom and NRA stands ready.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
graphics8.nytimes.com

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is very eye-opening. He wants to know if you or any of your family members are a registered gun owner. He wants to know anyone you've "co-habitated with" in the past ten years, in a romantic sense.

Look at the "Miscellaneous" questions at the bottom of the application. It can be found here:

graphics8.nytimes.com...

www.buckeyefirearms.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Interesting find JSO. Is this the 'typical form' that the gov't puts out or is it one that he had made and put out? I went to read the NY Times link and saw a hand written notation next to #31. Did it say 'Clinton'??

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Not sure on both questions, FF. I first heard about it on morning TV...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Lets think about this positively. Maybe Obama knows he's completely ignorant as to firearms and their owners and wants to educate himself and pull himself out the AWB mindset.

Or, he doesnt want anybody, not even an office page, giving him lip about his totalitarian control measures.

Where's the ACLU? Isn't this discrimination?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I wouldn't make it through those questions- just the e-mail/text message one would get me.

One thought though... maybe he wants to know if the guns are registered (which would be OK), instead of not registered, which if the person was caught, would be bad?

Just a thought...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Interesting find JSO. Is this the 'typical form' that the gov't puts out or is it one that he had made and put out? I went to read the NY Times link and saw a hand written notation next to #31. Did it say 'Clinton'??

He had it made and put out. I didn't have to fill one out when I signed up for the military and those forms were very in depth, also it wasn't on my security clearance paperwork.

Off topic. I just heard on the news that Ayers re released his last book with a new afterword that states that Obama is a close family friend of his. Things may get alot stranger in the next month or two.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

No they won't.

Everyone will continue to defend Obama on things like that. The media elected this man, so they have to cover for him for at least the next 4 years.

After all, they wouldn't want to be shown to be idiots would they?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I think this one is a little longer than the rest.

I don't know that his asking if the applicant owns a gun is necessarily indicative of anything. They ask a lot of personal questions on there, and that is probably one of the more normal ones.

Obama has already stated very clearly that he thinks gun rights should be left up to each individual state - with the exception of assault rifles, he may go after assault rifles.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Does anyone have any indication that this generic PDF questionnaire is actually associated with the Obama administration? Or did you just see some NRA propaganda and take it as fact? Did you look any further at all? I'm not saying it's not true, but does anyone have a connection?

Here is the beginning of the application process for a job in the Obama administration.

Are you saying that Obama, after the excellent campaign he ran, is using this old, obviously dated and generic "questionnaire" as part of his application process? I mean, it says "Questionnaire" at the top. Nothing more... Nothing about Obama, nothing about Change, no pretty pictures and nothing in ANY WAY that indicates Obama or his people are associated with it .... and you want SO badly for it to be true that you just buy it like you're under some sort of spell...

What happened to critical thinking around here?

And secondly, if you go to work for ANY presidential administration, is it illogical to think that you might be expected to reveal some personal information about yourself? Like maybe whether you own a gun? This is the president we're talking about.

I am dismayed that critical thinking has obviously been set aside for rumor- and fear-mongering...

And I am disheartened that more people aren't asking for an actual association between this "questionnaire" and the Obama administration. :shk:

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So you think the Obama application should mention "change"?

Seriously, the change thing can only go so far. Stocking the shelves with old Clinton staffers is already starting to push the whole "change" thing out of play too.

And really, this is linked through the NY Times, one of Obama's biggest PR machines.

Why would they lie about Obama?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And here is a USA Today article that also discusses this application asking those same specific questions.

Good enough for you yet?

Or do you still believe the mighty Obama wouldn't do that considering the "excellent campaign he just ran."?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity. Considering that the nature of the inquiry on the application does not legally pertain to the positions in question, one could simply refuse to answer. If you are excluded based on that fact, THEN you have a lawsuit and the ACLU can get involved. But you would have to prove that the action was deliberate with the intention of excluding 'gun-owners' or 'adherents to the 2nd ammendment freedoms.'

Maybe they are just afraid of guns?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Oooh, oooh I got one.

Maybe since, according to all the Obamabots, he's such a strong supporter of the 2nd he'll give you a gun if you answer that you dont have one?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
At least I'm asking questions instead of just buying the first fear-filled rhetoric that comes along from the NRA. I mean, they aren't exactly an unbiased source.

Originally posted by nyk537
And here is a USA Today article that also discusses this application asking those same specific questions.

And that's a blog.

Here, from the NY Times

A seven-page questionnaire being sent by the office of President-elect Barack Obama to those seeking cabinet and other high-ranking posts may be the most extensive — some say invasive — application ever.

Am I correct to assume that you guys think it's none of Obama's business whether or not the people he hires for the closest and highest positions in this country's government own a gun?

This ain't Burger King...

Edited to add:

“President-elect Obama made a commitment to change the way Washington does business, and the vetting process exemplifies that,” said Stephanie Cutter, chief spokeswoman for the Obama transition office.

In this time of questionable national security and a faltering economy, I can honestly say I wish Bush had been as thorough. We have been discussing on this board for YEARS the government's role in 9/11 and now you're all crying about the new president doing a more thorough vetting for the people at the highest levels of government?

Bah!

Hey, I support the 2nd Amendment as much as you guys do, but to take this as being "proof" that Obama wants to take your guns is taking the conspiracy issue to a new level.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Because if they answered no that would be the truth, right? Or if they answered no and it was the truth they wouldnt be able to go get a gun legally or otherwise should they decide to pull some cabinet massacre?

I'm not buying for a second that the question is there for Obama's 'safety.' It's like when filling out that damn form everytime I buy a gun.

"Have you ever renounced your US citizenship?" Uhhh...no?
"Have ever been found mentally defective?" Uhhhh....no?
"Are you currently a fugitive from justice?" Uhhhh, yes? No wait I mean no.

Stupid.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Bah!

Hey, I support the 2nd Amendment as much as you guys do, but to take this as being "proof" that Obama wants to take your guns is taking the conspiracy issue to a new level.

No this isnt proof. The proof is in his federal bill proposal to tax ammo 500% and ban all semi autos. The proof is on his website where he states he wants to make the AWB permanent. The proof is in at least the last 9 years of his political record.

This isnt proof. It's just another shovel full of @#$% on the pile that is Barack Obama.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
i'd do the same thing if i were choosing cabinet appointees, remember he has over 1000 positions to fill. he would want to know the political and non-political aspects of each person. this also might be a helpful question for the secret service.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
People makes dictators, they don't make themselves.

To that end, I would ask if anyone who believes Obama will eliminate gun ownership remembers the recent Supreme Court decision regarding hand gun bans?

This is why OUR nation was set up with such "checks and balances".

Changing the constitution isn't just done, by Obama or anyone else. That is unless you believe he will dismiss the Supreme Court and Congress, and get away with it.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TravelerintheDark

A key reason why I view the Heller decision as a failure is that it said that "dangerous" weapons can be regulated (AWB all over again since 'dangerous' is relative and when it comes to government 'dangerous' is defined by a bunch of idiots and ignorants) it also said that local regulations and registrations are perfectly acceptable which opens us all up to a NYC situation where the only way you can legally get a handgun is if you're rich as hell and have a dozen laywers working on your side.

Heller was more of a failure than many gun owners realize.

Clinton went ahead and imposed a ban without the SCOTUS' okay. Now Obama has their okay.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join