It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack the Ripper case soon to be solved?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

i think it was debunked that it was a surgeon, but that the killer perhaps studied surgery, i think you may be right though.

Also to the previous poster, you are right, these should have been made public a long time ago

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Briles]

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

"Dr Francis Tumblety rings a bell but i am not 100% right that was the name."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to disappoint you but Dr Francis Tumblety simply couldn't have been Jack the Ripper.
1/ Tumblety talked with a strong American southern accent while those that heard Jack talking to his victims said he sounded local,ie, from London.
2/ Tumblety had a huge handlebar moustache! Those witnesses who saw Jack with his victims before they were slaughtered never described such a feature.
3/ Tumblety was well over six foot tall while witnesses describe Jack as being somewhere around the five foot eight inches in height.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
yes i think we can safely say it wasnt him based on description

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Ripper victim Mary Kelly's identity has finally been discovered. See

Mary Jane Kelly Identity Discovery. She's the key to the solution.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's taken over a hundred years for Broadmoor to let these files out? I read the link, it said because of "logistical" problems with getting into the asylum. That sounds like hogwash to me. If they had info back then maybe the victim's families could have known what happened. Just seems sad, if not ridiculous, that they may have known something and stymied the investigation.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Another poster on ATS said that we should have an unsolved mistery or criminal case forum, and now I am thinking we should to discuss this sort of thing.
Lizzie Borden is another interest of mine.

I don't think we will ever really know for sure, unless they came up with some hardcore evidence.

I wonder if this case occurred today, if it would easily be solved by dna testing?

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
What if it was Jill the Ripper?

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
What if it was Jill the Ripper?

The idea that the ripper may have been a woman, or was disguised as a woman, has been raised several times. Aleister Crowley believed that the ripper was a woman named Petrovna Blavatsky who later became a famous London based psychic medium. He claimed the killings were part of a black magic ritual. Another famous ripper writer (can't remember who it was) thought that the ripper was a man disguised as a midwife. He reckoned this is why they could walk away from the murder scene covered head to toe in blood without any danger of being stopped by the police.

<< 1   >>

join