It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God Create Adam With A Penis, But Have No Intention of Creating Eve???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I’ve always wondered why in a “perfect” garden Adam was dissatisfied anyway, why could God not satisfy this man he created from the beginning? Wouldn’t he know from the start the outcome?

The way I see it personally is that God knew beforehand that Adam needed a partner and that a human female would indeed be created. The one who didn't know this was Adam. Because it is the man's responsibility to care for the woman, I believe this was God's way to ensure Adam fully understood and appreciated the importance of his counterpart. When something is simply handed to you, you will never appreciate it as much. But this was a lesson to Adam to show him that there was nothing else in all of creation that compared to his need of companionship with a woman. Thus, women were, quite literally, a gift from God.

Since the Bible doesn't state either way, that is my take on it. I encourage everyone to come to their own conclusions.

As to the penis issue: The Bible implies the period between the creation of man and woman was pretty brief and not long. So, Adam was not without sexual use of his penis for very long.

Regarding Animal genders: Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty certain the Genesis account mentions the animal kingdom had both genders created at the same time.

All of the above is my $0.02.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by KOGDOG

I don't know one Christian who follows everything stated in the bible sections you just listed, just the quotes about homosexuality and anything else they pick and choose, nor do they acknowledge that Jesus never mentioned gays in the NT. Those that did mention gays in the NT, we all remember what they also condoned right? I hope those that single out the homosexual quotes do not also agree with the other statements.

Sorry...

I was just being annoying... kinda' like many of these silly anti KOG threads such as this one. My interpretation of Scripture is more bizarre than the goofy Alien/UFO enigma. But, what do I know? I have repeatedly stated that I can't even read the original languages... I have experienced enough mondo bizzarro encounters with the "supernatural" to know that something is up. The OT/NT gave me the answers which I sought. You might want to give it a another try. Don't read with any preconceived notions implanted by the so-called "churches" that we all know are not of the KOG. The Bible is a freaky read.... much more frightening than most have ever imagined. If I am right... even sort of right... anyone not under God's protection is in big trouble.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That’s an interesting interpretation AshleyD, and I’m glad that you pointed out since the bible doesn’t express it each interpretation is valid. I’m sorry if in my post it seemed that I undermined anyone else’s interpretation.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Good thoughts but my question to that is that God said that his creation was good, and the Garden was supposed to be perfect.

So why, in that setting, did they even need traditional gender roles?

Most of the thigns that men have to protect from, and the work that a woman was supposed to do too, came from things that happened after the fall.

So by conjecture, their lonliness and need for each other is something of a flaw.

That brings us back to the age-old dichotomy. Either God intentionally created them and his image is less-than-perfect, or God knew that the Fall was coming, and did nothing to stop it.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

I don’t have a huge problem with the bible, I really don’t, I dislike the way organized religion has used it to fuel an agenda (like Gandhi stated, I too wish Christians were more Christ like). As have other organized religions with other “biblical” stories. I’m agnostic, and I don’t count out that some of the bible may be accurate, anything is possible. However I have to logically acknowledge how much the book contradicts itself and how it perceives the world from the view point of the people in each society it was written in.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Hey no worries. I didn't see it that way at all and it was a question I used to have myself.

reply to post by asmeone2

Hm. Well I think you answered your own question. Creation was declared 'good.' The Hebrew word for perfect was not used.

And I don't see the need/lonliness of the opposite gender as a flaw at all. The way males and females compliment each other is absolutely beautiful, sexy, and, well just plain pleasurably hot in my humble opinion. Kind of like needing food. Is that a flaw we need food to survive? Not really. It can be very pleasurable when we eat and use our taste senses. Of course there is also starvation but let's not derail the analogy.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rapinbatsisaltherage

Reread it ...it does not imply or say GOD noticed he needed a help mate .

It was ADAM who noticed he did not have one ...
Gen 2:18 And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
(Right here God makes Adam and has a HELP MATE IN MIND ALREADY) before the next verse WHEN HE MAKES THE ANIMALS >)

Gen 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought [them] unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that [was] the name thereof.

Gen 2:20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
(The wording in this verse implys that ADAM was noticing he had no help meet ) ..........

I could be wrong ...that really is just my take on it ......

Either way ...GOD knows all ..he knew before he made Adam that he would need a mate ...just like he knew before he created the earth that it would need RAIN to keep the plants watered etc etc ................

But go ahead just keep picking it ...at least you are studying .....lol

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

When it says God created us in his image , I always imagined that to be our spirit as the body is temporary.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
On another note, I have always pondered, ... We die because of original sin of adam and eve,... so why do animals die then too? They did not eat any apples.

Ama

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Hm. Well I think you answered your own question. Creation was declared 'good.' The Hebrew word for perfect was not used.

And I don't see the need/lonliness of the opposite gender as a flaw at all. The way males and females compliment each other is absolutely beautiful, sexy, and, well just plain pleasurably hot in my humble opinion. Kind of like needing food. Is that a flaw we need food to survive? Not really. It can be very pleasurable when we eat and use our taste senses. Of course there is also starvation but let's not derail the analogy.

Nope, not at all answered.

Creation was supposed to be made in God's image. God is supposed to be perfect, so I'm assumign that whatever he makes in his own image would be as perfect as possible.

Whether or not that's refering to the spirit or the body, the Genesis story tells of some inherant flaws.

The least of which were their gullibility and ignorance to be tricked into eating the apple.

So the question is, did God intentionally put those flaws in them, thus making Adam and Eve less than his own image. Or, God is inherantly flawed, and hemade Adam and Eve as close to himself as possible, and passed on his own flaws.

I know you are happily married and I'm glad for you. But, you are the exception. Most people NEVEr find a perfect mate of the opposite gender that perfectly compliments them. The male/female differences are most often used to perpetuate horrible thigns. So I see that as something that can be wonderful, but most often isn't.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Is it possible that Adam was simply a prototype of an improved species of man, and originally he was expected to procreate with the indigenous hunter/gatherers, or early men and women. After all, did not Adam and Eves sons 'take wives for themselves' there must therefore have been an indigenous population of early humans?

Just a thought,

Horsegiver.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmeone2
Nope, not at all answered.

Then it's not my problem. I answered the penis question. For some reason I can never answer the original question in a religious thread without being met with ten more off topic questions.

So the question is...

No. The question was about Adam's penis and its purpose prior to Eve's existence, which I answered. In the image of God does not mean a God, perfection, or God's identical twin (physically or metaphorically) so I think you're setting yourself up for a false dilemma. What it really comes down to is did God know all of this was going to happen- Yes. I firmly believe He did. Then this turns into a whole other discussion that doesn't have much to do with the thread. Also, please note humans were created in God's image- not 'creation' like you stated.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Okay. I could match you point for point but in interest of preserving the thread I won't. We will agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Thanks for understanding.
One of the last religious thread I participated in before taking a break from religious threads was horribly derailed and some other members and I derailed the thread for pages with philosophical questions and it was exhausting all the way around. Not trying to avoid anything- I'm just too tired. If it is any help, the below link is the thread that got side tracked several pages in. I can see the road your questions are going down and I'm only pointing out the thread because that road was one we went down and discussed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

No problem.

I wasn't trying to intentionally derail. I felt the questions I asked did come naturally from the OP. But I can see how they would be better discussed in another thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

I have thought along those lines a few times myself ..
I have brought this up before . ...I dont believe that Cain married a sister.
Scripture has no mention of Sisters until the very next verse AFTER Cain went away ....I have also brought up before ..How could there have already been a City named NOD where Cain went if there was no one but Cain and Abel and Adam And Eve ? There has to be more to it than that ..I have come to the conclusion that maybe fallen angels wandered about outside of that garden possibly in some kind of human form ...and Nod was a city they built and lived in .....(Possibly the neanderthal maybe ?)

Anyway back to the penis subject ..so did yall figure anything out yet ?
Were testicles and sperm added on after the fall ? Or what ? LOL>

[edit on 6-11-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
because adam was just the rough draft and eve was the final product haha

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yes. God already knew that He would create Eve, along with Adam.

"All His works are known to Him from the beginning."

and

"...."those that He predestined from the foundation of the world..."

.....obviously, these included female as well as male.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
there are actually two creation stories.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Bestiality Accepted? I dunno...

But Adam's first wife was a 'beast'

Let's start with a paraphrase of the most familiar legend, which dates to medieval times, from the controversial work known as the Alphabet of Ben Sirah, including a few of our own interjections:

When God created Adam, he was lonely, so God created Lilith from the same dust from which Adam was molded. But they quarrelled; Adam [the proverbial domineering male] wished to rule over Lilith. But Lilith [a militant feminist] was also proud and willful, claiming equality with Adam because she was created from the same dust. She left Adam and fled the Garden. God sent three angels in pursuit of Lilith. They caught her and ordered her to return to Adam. She refused, and said that she would henceforth weaken and kill little children, infants and babes. The angels overpowered her, and she promised that if the mother hung an amulet over the baby bearing the names of the three angels, she would stay away from that home. So they let her go, and God created Eve to be Adam's mate [created from Adam's rib, so that she couldn't claim equality]. And ever since, Lilith flies around the world, howling her hatred of mankind through the night, and vowing vengeance because of the shabby treatment she had received from Adam. She is also called "The Howling One."

www.straightdope.com...

From the Adam and Lilith section on the Lilith Wikipedia page.

The first medieval source to depict Adam and Lilith in full was the Midrash Abkier (ca. 10th century), which was followed by the Zohar and Kabbalistic writings. Adam is said to be a perfect saint until he recognizes either his sin or Cain's homicide that is the cause of bringing death into the world. He then separates from holy Eve, sleeps alone, and fasts for 130 years. During this time Lilith, also known as Pizna or Naamah, desired his beauty and came to him against his will. They bore him many demons and spirits called "the plagues of humankind".[54] The added explanation was that it was through Adam's own sin that Lilith overcame him against his will.
Older sources do not state clearly that after Lilith's Red Sea sojourn, she returned to Adam and begat children from him. In the Zohar, however, Lilith is said to have succeeded in begetting offspring from Adam during their short-lived connubium. Lilith leaves Adam in Eden, as she is not a suitable helpmate for him. She returns, later, to force herself upon him. However, before doing so she attaches herself to Cain and bears him numerous spirits and demons.

I am not sure the 'Penis' has much to do with anything more reproduction, God made the penis to propagate mankind, not with animals....

DocMoreau

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join