It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is a mind control tool put into place to help take control of the world

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

You're an astrologer? What is the last letter of my name? And not my user name. This is a serious question. If your guide knows, it should be able to tell you.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I both read and believe the Bible. I am not "brain washed" but I am soulwashed but you may call me whatever you wish if it makes you feel better. People don't like the Bible because it says that they are not good. No one wants to believe that their best deeds are like filthy rags before God.

People have and continue to use religion to use and control people. That is not the fault of the Bible, it is the fault of greedy selfish men.

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Nothing is evil, lest thinking make it so.
-Shakespeare

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hes right to an extent. truth is immutable. the bible has many versions and alterations. seek truth on your own. all do respect to the christian population, jesus did you the favor of setting an example of direct communion and undying faith. taken literally , misinterpreted, seen one sidedly without out giving perception a chance. its easy to get distracted by the versions & story and fables that go with the re shaping of supposed recorded history. noone has faith in themselves anymore .. its #ing aweful. clinging to religeon entirely as a soure of communion is spiritually unhealthy. i could easily go ape # nuts taking the bible literally. read a book knowing someone wrote it to convey a message. im signing off . if reading the bible has improved someones quality of life call me a liar. invisibly>>> if a person looks to the book for inspiration and answers and finds something usable more power to you. just be more vigilant and use common sense. peace out

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

Umm.....I don't have a guide, what are you on about ?
I work with practical knowledge and intution, I don't do channelling or get advice from entities not in the physical realm . You were on another thread of mine, inferring I'm in league with dark forces because I work as a Tarot reader ...........go insult someone else eh

LMHO

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Smit

You might be Wrong.
Lost Gospel of Judas Escariot is said to date to 2 AD
Still, some of the NT gospels supposedly written by the disciples were written decades after christ faked his death and did a runner - if the Judas text is a load of old balls then I guess the NT texts are too, or is it one rule for one text and another for the remainder...........?

Lost Gospel of Judas Escariot

[edit on 6/11/08 by cosmicpixie]

[edit on 6/11/08 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As someone who practises Buddhism, I don't need God, Jesus or to read the bible to ascend. Anyone who says I do couldn't be further from the truth. People should walk their own path and think for themselves. As far as the bible is concerned, I wouldn't say that there is a conspiracy, simply because I have no proof, but it's definitely a tool that's been used by certain powers throughout the ages to manipulate the masses and bend their will to their own way of thinking. That's obvious to anyone and it's man in general that's responsible, and not just people who are religious.

If we only had a one world belief system based around the tooth faery, rest assured man would manipulate that belief system and try and use it to control the mases. Funny but true.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

Buddha

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............right.. well.. if it's a big deception .. it's gotta be the greatest I've EVER been deceived~!

I love it ~!!

but, as I always say.. "you'll always be a skeptic until you have a personal experience"

and .. get on your knees, and earnestly pray to God..

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The writing of the bible certainly was a conspiracy.
As already said, a conspiracy to control people.

Tell my how exactly has it been responsible for "spiritual development"?
What exactly is "spiritual development"?

Tell me exactly how the stories of murder, mayhem and the various sexual exploits help on to develope spiritually.

"It is an act of virtue to deceive and lie shen by such means the interest of the church might be promoted"...Bishop Eusebius (260-339)

How does anyone know when any of the bible books were written?
Any dates are pure speculation.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

I think you are missing the point, the bible was written by greedy selfish men and they did not have your best interest at heart. Have you ever researched how many of your ancestors were killed before they decided it was better to worship the gods of the bible than take a chance on you not ever being born? And then how many of them kept worshipping these gods to make sure nothing happened to their precious babies? Read the bible again, I think you are missing some very interesting points.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
reply to post by Brandon Levon

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............right.. well.. if it's a big deception .. it's gotta be the greatest I've EVER been deceived~!

I love it ~!!

but, as I always say.. "you'll always be a skeptic until you have a personal experience"

and .. get on your knees, and earnestly pray to God..
I couldn’t have said it any better myself, that is why I am here, people have no ideal who god is!

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I think the main point to remember here is, There will be a mark of the beast....It really doesn't matter where it is. It will happen somewhere!
Religion is mad made. The bible is sort of a history book as well as a book of love, grace, and peace. My faith is not in my bible, it is in my Lord. I have a relationship with him through taking long walks outside, my quiet time alone with him, and by reading scriptures. I do not look upon myself as brainwashed or under mind control. See, the Lord wants us to come to him on our OWN free will, not because we have to.

I know you still will find fault with this, but I can only tell you there is no greater feeling in the world when you are feeling small and helpless then crawling up into the Father's lap and laying your head upon his shoulder and he patting your back telling you everything will be alright. Yes, this is very spiritual and only those who have entered into this kind of spiritual relationship with the Lord will understand the emotion I am sharing with you how.

Peace and Love

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by willthe best
You are an evil evil person! How can you say that when Jesus died for you? How can you do that and live with yourself, God help you!

You are a prime example of the indoctrination you've endured.

Too funny.

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by willthe best

A closed mind and proud heart gathers no knowledge.

I suggest you read William Bramley's Book, The Gods of Eden.

All the major religions were created to control and manipulate humanity.

Jesus is a composite of the Sun God legends.

While I do believe strongly in the golden rule and live by that I do not subscribe to a One God / heaven / hell belief system.

All of us together make the wholeness that is "God".

Where do you get off chastizing someone else for their beliefs.

[edit on 15-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Simplynoone

I think the main point to remember here is, There will be a mark of the beast....It really doesn't matter where it is. It will happen somewhere!
Religion is mad made. The bible is sort of a history book as well as a book of love, grace, and peace. My faith is not in my bible, it is in my Lord. I have a relationship with him through taking long walks outside, my quiet time alone with him, and by reading scriptures. I do not look upon myself as brainwashed or under mind control. See, the Lord wants us to come to him on our OWN free will, not because we have to.

I know you still will find fault with this, but I can only tell you there is no greater feeling in the world when you are feeling small and helpless then crawling up into the Father's lap and laying your head upon his shoulder and he patting your back telling you everything will be alright. Yes, this is very spiritual and only those who have entered into this kind of spiritual relationship with the Lord will understand the emotion I am sharing with you how.

Peace and Love

Actually I agree with all of that ..
But first you said you dont need the bible ..
Then you say you take long walks with him AND read your bible ..
"Thy word have I hid in my heart so that I wont sin against thee."
How do you think that word gets into your heart if you dont read it ?
Yes the Holy Spirit in you speaks to you and comforts you and leads you ..but YOU are the one who needs that spiritual food from the bible ...(like manna) ..We are to read it and meditate on it ..then the Holy spirit will tell you what it means as you walk with the him .....................
My faith is not in the bible either ...my faith is in Christ Jesus .....but that word is my guide and I learn more about God reading it ..for sure the world does not offer to much info about him ...and he sure gets no credit in this world even though he created it all ....

I do know that feeling your talking about because I feel him every second around me talking with me and comforting me ....I have read the word several hundred or thousands of times and still learn and see more in it that I did not see before ..every day ..I still learn alot from that word ..(cannot eat enough of it)..it is not my GOD though ..and I would still be able to maintain without it only because I have already stashed it away in my heart and is in my mind and can bring it up (from my mind and heart) anytime I want ...(it had to be put there in order for me to be able to draw it out when needed) ......

What I disagree with you on is saying no one needs to read the bible to get a better understanding of what Jesus came for what he has in mind for us ..what he requires of us ...(Fruits) etc.......what the lessons are from the OT ..what the future is regarding the whole world and everyone in it ...etc ...
And I really disagree with you when you say that there are other ways to heaven besides through Jesus Christ...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The bible was not mind control, it was a device of murder and if you do not understand what it actually says, which most people do not, it is leaving you to die. Wake up you ignorant! Your life is in danger!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
deception is a conspiracy within you... if you let those devil minded thing get on you, youre doomed... dont get too affected by the way... all things on this world are worse.... and getting worst.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Well yes undeniably the bible is a mind control device but then you have to wonder, do the masses really have the intelligence to govern themselves and function in a way which benefits the whole, the obvious answer to this is no, and so a way needs to be found through which positive channeling of human energies can be achieved. I would suggest (perhaps overly kindly) that is what the early versions of scripture attempted to do.

I did a search typing these words: bible mind control, and bam, here it was. I knew ATS wouldn't let me down.

It is elementary to say the Bible was written as a way to control people. Good grief, if the prophets/writers of the OT and the Disciples of Christ had wanted to put together a book that would control people, they would have left most of what's in there out!

You see a lot of people double-dip. They say that God was cruel to flood the earth (it's HIS earth) and then say the whole flood story was made up. To control people. That isn't how you lure people into something, you don't scare them into it. And we know the Disciples, even after all they had seen Christ do, had doubts that He had risen from the dead. Jesus said "You have seen me and so you believe; Blessed are those who will not see and yet believe." And when Jesus asked the Disciples "Who do you say I am?" only one spoke up immediately and said "You are The Christ," so, the Disciples of Christ were not mindless.

As I said, if the Bible were a tool to control people, it would be about 1/10 the size it is now. The Prophets and Disciples were faithful though to God, and wrote what they knew, certainly in spite of the skepticism they knew would follow.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
reply to post by J.Smit

You might be Wrong.
Lost Gospel of Judas Escariot is said to date to 2 AD
Still, some of the NT gospels supposedly written by the disciples were written decades after christ faked his death and did a runner - if the Judas text is a load of old balls then I guess the NT texts are too, or is it one rule for one text and another for the remainder...........?

Lost Gospel of Judas Escariot

1. Dude, serious theological scholars don't recognise the "Lost Gospel of Judas" as having any merit or integrity whatsover in being what it claims to be. Firstly, it's a Gnostic gospel. It is widely known that the Gnostics loved parading fake "secret gospels" around as "additional truth".

2. If it was written in 2 AD, then it would have been written when Jesus was 2 years old. Doesn't work, sorry. In actual fact, the original Coptic manuscript was carbon dated to 280AD, give or take 50 years.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Treacherous
So this was all planned from way back when? See, I kind of beleived their was a master plan AFTER reading the bible... since I've kind of eased off the conspiracy pedal.... but now you're telling me that there is a master plan afterall but the Bible was just a part of it? Confusing stuff! If I can't believe in what is apparently 'Gods word' why should I believe in anything?

Plato in his Republic (the current open source coding manual) denounced the stories about the gods in his time—who were portrayed as having human qualities—as impious fables, and that people would be better controlled if they had perfect, sexless deities to grovel before:

You know also that the beginning is the most important part of any work, especially in the case of a young and tender thing; for that is the time at which the character is being formed and the desired impression is more readily taken.

Quite true.

And shall we just carelessly allow children to hear any casual tales which may be devised by casual persons, and to receive into their minds ideas for the most part the very opposite of those which we should wish them to have when they are grown up?

We cannot.

Then the first thing will be to establish a censorship of the writers of fiction, and let the censors receive any tale of fiction which is good, and reject the bad; and we will desire mothers and nurses to tell their children the authorised ones only. Let them fashion the mind with such tales, even more fondly than they mould the body with their hands; but most of those which are now in use must be discarded.
Neither, if we mean our future guardians to regard the habit of quarrelling among themselves as of all things the basest, should any word be said to them of the wars in heaven, and of the plots and fightings of the gods against one another, for they are not true. No, we shall never mention the battles of the giants, or let them be embroidered on garments; and we shall be silent about the innumerable other quarrels of gods and heroes with their friends and relatives. If they would only believe us we would tell them that quarrelling is unholy, and that never up to this time has there been any quarrel between citizens; this is what old men and old women should begin by telling children; and when they grow up, the poets also should be told to compose for them in a similar spirit.... For a young person cannot judge what is allegorical and what is literal; anything that he receives into his mind at that age is likely to become indelible and unalterable; and therefore it is most important that the tales which the young first hear should be models of virtuous thoughts.

Furthermore,

And now let us frame an ideal of the just and unjust. Imagine the unjust man to be master of his craft, seldom making mistakes and easily correcting them; having gifts of money, speech, strength—the greatest villain bearing the highest character: and at his side let us place the just in his nobleness and simplicity—being, not seeming—without name or reward—clothed in his justice only—the best of men who is thought to be the worst, and let him die as he has lived.... The just man will be scourged, racked, bound, will have his eyes put out, and will at last be crucified.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Eleleth]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join