It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bible is a mind control tool put into place to help take control of the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by willthe best
You are an evil evil person! How can you say that when Jesus died for you? How can you do that and live with yourself, God help you!

I sincerely hope that that is in jest.
I don't hold much hope for humanity if it isn't!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon Levon
One of the easiest ways for the cAmen person to tell that this has been done in the bible is to take several of these people who think they have found Jesus and ask them separately what they think certain verses mean. You will be surprised to find they will give you different answers. Not because they have found Jesus but simply because they are being deceived.
[edit on 3-11-2008 by Brandon Levon]

I may agree with you that the Bible is deceptive given that it has many inconsistencies..

But finding people giving different meanings to a verse doesn't constitute as inconsistency because there are many verses in the Bible that give different meanings.

I'll give one example. In the book of Exodus, in the verses that describe the building of the Tabernacle. God required use of precious metals such as silver, bronze, and gold in the construction. This could mean many things such as showing respect for God, putting God above material things...

But this might surprise some. Gold, silver and bronze/copper are 'oligodynamic' metals. They are effective disinfectants against bacteria! Notice extensive use of such metals in the "Holy of Holies" and the area is supposed to kept clean! Also the practice of using bronze to hold water and using the water to wash hands, to disinfect! Gold was also used to preserve the highly perishable mana from heaven! Who ever wrote the Bible seems to be clearly aware of this property...

The common meaning of such metals have been interpreted as respect and devotion to God which not wrong. The other is a valid scientific reason which most doesn't have an idea but nevertheless a very valid reason too!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't think that the Bible is a mind control tool to take control of the world.

For one thing, it was written by too many different people in too many different times.

And for another thing, it surely would have succeeded by now, and yet the Bible is not followed by the majority of the world's population.

Please do not think that Jesus equals what is written in the Bible. The Bible is a mishmash of false perceptions and misunderstandings. That is what I believe, because it was written by so many people who all interpreted things differently.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
And for another thing, it surely would have succeeded by now, and yet the Bible is not followed by the majority of the world's population.

A very good point to note. I'd also like to add that even with Christians(except Catholics), most Christians don't bother reading the Bible cover to cover, not even everyday, but only once a week...

The Television is still by far the most effective brainwashing tool on this planet.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I never post on here, I read through from time to time, but having been an avid agnostic with a grudge against Christianity and it's hypocrisy for the first 25 or so years of my life, and then finding God and becoming a Christian, I have a weird way of looking at it that maybe somebody who has a grudge against Christianity like I did can use to view it from another angle, along with some other simple comments that might help clear up some ideas that anti-Christians might have.
I am no good at whiting, I admit this up front, so bear with me.

First of all, for all of those who like to bring up the hypocrisy of Christianity, please understand that it is not one giant well coordinated group of people proving or disproving the actions of all of those who claim to be Christian. There are good people, bad people, actual Christians made up of both and wanna be Christians from both sides as well. Humans don't become infallible just because they believe Jesus died for their sins. They are still human and subject to the same urges as everyone else. Nobody is perfect, the Bible even states that very clearly in Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one.

The old testament laws and ideology of how to get to heaven restricted it to certain people who did certain things and wasn't very forgiving.
A lot of the insults and attempted arguments come from people who complain about Christians not following all those ideas.
Obviously, and I am pretty sure most people know that there are two parts of the Bible, the Old and New Testaments, but it doesn't sound like everyone is grasping the concept that Jesus basically gave people a pass, he gives everyone forgiveness and acknowledges all our imperfections and makes a lot of what the Old Testament said more or less irrelevant. There is emphasis throughout the New Testament on performing works to prove your faith. So even with the get out of jail free card that Jesus gave, it is still implied that you need to do your best to live by God's rules. Stealing a candy bar or murdering somebody don't exclude you from anything. Forgiveness is granted. This is all written in the Bible, so complaining about peoples mistakes and slip ups doesn't really prove anything. We are all human and messed up.

That being said (And I know, it has nothing to do with mind control, but it seems like a lot of people in this thread are over looking those things and I wanted to point them out) before believing in God and becoming a Christian, my general idea of how things work was that when you die... Never mind, irrelevant.

I cant believe how easy it is to use up 4000 characters... be right back.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree that it is mind control. I don't see it as forced mind control though. I see it is a guide book. Seeing that I do believe in God now, my views are a bit different than what I'm going to explain to you, but this is the general idea that got me to open up to the idea of Christianity and get over my grudge against it.

What if there was a creator? What if they put us here, they saw what a bunch of messed up losers we were on our own and got mad and wiped us out and started all over?
If they created us, or put us here, or whatever you want to think they did, there must have been a reason, correct?
If they couldn't follow through on it, wouldn't it make sense to give them some guidance? Something like the Bible?
And if somebody or something, whether God or aliens or whatever you want to think created us, you would think they were a bit more advanced, or evolved or something along those lines, right?
If the creator, whoever it was, was more intelligent than us, and we were not able to comprehend the ideas and concepts they held, wouldn't it make sense to dumb it down to where the lowest common denominator could make sense of it and find a way to achieve what you wanted them to achieve? You don't give a calculus book to a kindergartner do you? Or even a book about multiplication. You give them a book about 1, 2, 3 or 4 apples and tell them to add them up, from that they learn more and more until they become somebody capable of learning more.

If mind over matter is something that works (and research has shown that people who pray do gain benefits and tend to live a bit longer) How do you tell a simple person that it works and have them believe you if you cant move objects with your mind or something? I think that would be a difficult thing to explain or prove. Like most people here on ATS, they would want links and proof and not believe anyone who cant provide them with it. But you could tell a simple person what's in the Bible, and teach them to pray. For those of you who aren't Christian and don't have faith, I was that way once and would not have believe me if I was you, but now that I do and I am, I pray, and I notice a great deal of what I pray for manages to work its way into my life. Maybe it is coincidence, but if it is, it's surprisingly repetitive and aligned with what I pray for. It's like praying for things, and firmly establishing them in your subconsciousness keeps those things in mind when you make your decisions. If that's the case, it's a good tool isn't it? It helps you achieve what you're after.
It's effective, and it's simple. And if somebody reads the Bible and believes what is in it, and they believe they're talking to God, and given the results, they think God is listening, they develop faith in that process and all of the sudden, they are doing something complicated via a very simple path. They don't know they're doing it, but they are. This would be mind control in my book, but benevolent mind control.
This is one example of what I would like to convey to people who don't believe. Maybe there is a god, and maybe he isn't what is in the Bible. Maybe he dumbed everything down so that we could all follow along.
Everyone knows that an 30 year old person can go back to kindergarten class and and go over that book with the four apples and point out that each apple doesn't have perfectly equal mass and therefor one apple plus three apples doesn't make four on some level and teach him that the book is false. But in the end, one apple plus 3 more does indeed equal four if you stop complicating it and let it be what it is.

Be right back.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The bible doesn't tell people to go out and mass murder, it has a very clear message all the way through in the new testament and it is a peaceful, tolerant, message when you read it for what it is. There are examples of violence to convey obedience to God and the beneficial results, but back when it was written, violence was much more common. If you can't relate to the people you're trying to give a message to, they won't be as easily swayed.

So I do think it is a tool to control minds, but rather than a tool for Catholicism to use to control people, I look at it as a tool a creator would use to guide us on the path they wanted our dysfunctional race to take. I realize how corrupted churches can be, and that is too bad. But that's people for you, religious or not, we are not all good natured.

Like I said, I suck at writing, and I am in no way a scholar on Bible studies or have any kind of higher learning on anything religious. I went to church and saw a good thing though and saw that it didn't contradict my beliefs like I thought it did. I was as anti-Christian as anyone on this website before I believe in God and his word. I let down my defenses though and gave it a chance. Contradictions and corruption be damed, there is a very very good message in that book, and it's something people should all know and try to live by for everyone's benefit.

Thanks for reading this, sorry it was so long.
God bless.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taskism

I don't know why you say you are not good at writing. You made some good points and thanks for sharing that from a perspective of a former non-believer.

My son was baptized a year ago (he's 26) and just the other day he blurted out all these questions from things in the OT that he said are too fantastic to be true. I told him years ago I had the same questions. He had some bigtime misinfo too so I got on the internet and found all the info he was asking about. I reminded him that we are talking about 3-4 thousand years ago, and if the people back then had been told some of the ways we live and things we do in this age they would not have believed it. I reminded him have patience and pray about it and I reminded him that Jesus said we should have the faith of a child. So I am praying that he finds that faith.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

I don't know why I reminded him have patience and pray about it and I reminded him that Jesus said we should have the faith of a child.

...yes, well, children will believe anything you tell them....very much like the Jesuit prescription.

I prefer to think like an adult.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by aorAki]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The way i look at it, whats wrong with the storuies of the christian faith. Whats wrong with having some sort of decency in society, lol.

Why do you guys think its wrong for everyone to have some sort of moral compass. We see today that peopel doing what they want and the sh1t on tv, is driving people all over the place, and we even have countries trying to legalise paedophilia, disgusting. But of course the people that think the bible is rubbish, think that the only moral compass is themselves.

My judgement on people is that most if not close to nearly everyone in this world, have no spiritual compass at all, no empathy at all, and no concious.

Do not tell me that everyone is born with knowing right from wrong, because they do not.

So if your an atheist, what is wrong with the teachings of jesus, and what he says,a nd whats wrong with taking them in and using them as a guide in this world. You do not have to be christian, but just someoen who is human like us all here on earth.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by andy1033]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

So if your an atheist, what is wrong with the teachings of jesus, and what he says,a nd whats wrong with taking them in and using them as a guide in this world. You do not have to be christian, but just someoen who is human like us all here on earth.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by andy1033]

I treat Jesus' teachings like any other work of fiction.
Sure, there are 'moral' guides (whose morals may I ask?) but there are 'moral guides' in many things.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why should anyone need a guidbook to be a good honest moral person?

Most people have a built in guidbook.

Andy couldn't you be a moral person without religion?
If not, why not?
You do know what is right and what is wrong don't you?

Aesops Fables have some good stories on morality and right living too.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
hi/

The Bible is a mind control tool?

Where did you come up with that one?
If anything, The Bible teaches good morals!
There is so much evidence out there,one only needs to research it...you wont find it in the movies of HOLLYWOOD!

The Bible does not control the world.
Evil people in power who want to be God,control the World.

IX
helen

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
People keep getting flagged on this thread and thats crap they have a right to speak their mind.

Here is the Bible Conspr. The bible is a crock it was made up to control the mass. Look back at the history of who made it and why he made it. Look at what he did to inforce it as a law.

Constatine made the bible with a bunch of priest and gave it to the people as the one religion to follow. then to inforce it he slaughtered peagons and destroyed their temples.

The bible was made up by men. The books were not even writen by the men the are titled by. They were not even written at the time the event took place. They were written by some random person many70 to 100 later and then instead a saying the author they use the term book according to.

People should learn the history on what they read and learn where it can from. They bible cant be traced back to any one person and it was peiced together from a huge group of books and then rewritten by the priest. The original Christan bible is written in roman and jesus and his boys were jews and hebrew.

Just because some guy has a dream or vision of a event that happen 100 years ago and then writes it down and says it is fact I am to believe with no proof. Oh yeah i am to have FAITH!

Religion is a tool used to control the masses and make them do what the controlling few want use to do. One man yells in the name of god it is ok then.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

You know, if that was the case, why were people not allowed to read it throughout early church history? The intent and the use are exclusive! The "gentiles" had their systems of control. What, was the plan to control everyone by having them love one another, be a cheerful giver and have faith in Jesus? Despite romans thirteen, the bible is counterproductive to the ways of this world.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I like how people prove how brainwashed they are. The thread is about the bible being a lie and a mind control. People are saying it is a lie. So, to prove their point that the bible is not evil the write passages for the book hahahahah. WOW your smart. We DONT BELIEVE IT IS REAL so write passages is only show how you cant even think for yourself. Get your own mind and realize the big picture the government is trying to get the new world order and make it one world under one man. we are all pawns in the game and we are all being lead to believe what ever it takes to keep us from see the whole truth. We are not in control the government is

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Why should anyone need a guidbook to be a good honest moral person?

Most people have a built in guidbook.

Andy couldn't you be a moral person without religion?
If not, why not?
You do know what is right and what is wrong don't you?

Aesops Fables have some good stories on morality and right living too.

You know, its funny you say that, considering the bible itself says that people have it written in their hearts and are without excuse. Its not a guidebook and does not claim to be. It is to be studied and SPIRITUAL wisdom may be gleaned. Morality IS built in, with world as the opposite grain.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandon Levon

Muchmusic, Family Guy, the CIA and their techniques, Project Monarch, MK-Ultra, Elf towers, VF frequencies, nanobots, and other subjects are mind control over the populace. The Bible is a book dedicated to serving God in a respectable manner, about improving one's lifestyle, and acting in good faith and with virtue in the face of situations we face in our lives. God gives us free will, not mind control. I serve because I love God and his heavenly angels, not because someone - ever - forced me too. The proof of that is because I can think wayward thoughts if I want to, but sin starts with the thought, and to enforce saintly behaviour is to overcome temptation of thought. Once again, by free will, because Christians want to live their lives that way.

The first step is a recognizance of sin, and an acknowledgement before God that it exists. Then is a time of repentance, which is an exercise of faith and loyalty, and one of a willing spirit who prefers discipline over foolishness. Foolishness is loud and persistant, God can be found in the quiet voice in your heart. Try prayer, it really works

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join