It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do the police want our DNA samples?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I don't see any active threads about this and it has always made me wonder

Both in the states and the UK in the last couple years I have had the experience of being arrested (for bogus things that were dropped) and the first thing they did was take a DNA sample.

I am old enough to know that this is a new phenomena.

I know people will say that they do this for crime prevention. But....
If someone bunks a train they will take your DNA. Thousands of innocent people and even children have this done for the flimsiest reasons.

Here is my conspiracy take on this.

They intend to murder most of us and the DNA will be used in the future to create android humans for a slave race.

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marsha law
I don't see any active threads about this and it has always made me wonder

Both in the states and the UK in the last couple years I have had the experience of being arrested (for bogus things that were dropped) and the first thing they did was take a DNA sample.

I am old enough to know that this is a new phenomena.

I know people will say that they do this for crime prevention. But....
If someone bunks a train they will take your DNA. Thousands of innocent people and even children have this done for the flimsiest reasons.

Here is my conspiracy take on this.

They intend to murder most of us and the DNA will be used in the future to create android humans for a slave race.

Any thoughts?

They take it so if your DNA is found at a crime scene they can charge you with the crime. They also use it to check the database of crimes with DNA evidence found but no one tied to the DNA. Basicly it's more effective than fingerprints and will replace fingerprints in the future.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well yes, they could be using your DNA to build a slave race of androids (why would they need your DNA in particular for that?), or...

... They could just be using it for what they say they are, you know, to catch criminals better.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My DNA was taken at 15, as we all sometimes slip up and do bad things in our childhood, I had been arrested, DNA, photographs, fingerprints all taken, they took 1 strand of hair, and a swab of my mouth.

I hated the fact they took it, but I knew it made me think twice before ever comitting a crime, as I knew they could trace my involvement, so of course crime prevention does work, possibly the dna could be used to make clones who knows what the future intends with it, its a scary thought, but they wouldn't need every single persons DNA too clone people, why not make clones with the same dna, surely new dna will only cause more problems, since we all have our slight inperfections, some people are just doomed to have health problems, sight, hearing, if they wanted to clone us, why not make the perfect human?

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Why do the police want our DNA samples?

They want to make clones of us, program them and use them to replace us.

When all the pieces are in place, they will make their next move.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, this is something I've never heard before, quite odd though. I believe human slaves would be more cost effective, plus they could just use us to mate and create the next generation of slaves. At some point it's either going to come done to humans or machines, I don't think a mix would work. Humans need far too much sleep, food, fluids, as for an android, I suspect that it would still need some sort of nourishment to sustain whats left of it's organic body. Plus all the machine repairs. Plus all the cost of building, training, and all the prototypes it would take to get it down.

As soon as robots or machines are able to what humans are able to do, consciously or programmed, we're done.

I think they take DNA for nothing more than crime prevention. Like what fill0000 said above, it made him more wry of possibly future crimes now that they have his DNA on record.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by Forest]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forest

I think they take DNA for nothing more than crime prevention.

Of course its only for identification, you hardly think they are really going to clone everyone.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Like I said in the post I know thats what people will say (that its for crime prevention) but I just don't buy it.

Whats wrong with fingerprints and why take DNA from people who have not been convicted of any crime.

Some supercop scientist came up with this idea?

Even if it is just for identification why did it become common practice in both the UK and USA at the same time?

At the very least it smells of a global project of some kind.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Whats wrong with fingerprints and why take DNA from people who have not been convicted of any crime.

Because any criminal worth his weight in salt would just wear gloves while committing a crime. Fingerprints therefore are becoming rapidly useless.

But when you commit a crime, you always leave some sort of DNA behind. Hair. Sweat. Semen. Saliva. Even dead skin cells that your body constantly sheds can be used to find you committed a crime.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

In situations where the offender leaves hair, seamen, blood, sweat, clothes, gloves and skin, DNA identification can be used.
Fingerprints can only be used if the offender leaves their prints on something.

I don't see it as fair to even take the prints of people who have done nothing. But the way they look at it: while they are at it, they might as well take the dna

At the very least it smells of a global project of some kind.

More than likely, countries around the world are sharing information on criminals a lot more these days. A modern standardized dna and fingerprint ID system in place in each country would aid this.

[edit on 26/10/08 by Dermo]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by marsha law

No one is takeing your DNA to make slave clones.

Why whould anybody want a clone of a "crook" the whole reason his DNA was taken is because he dosent do as is told or is a complete F-up.

Heres a question,how long untill its accpetable to take the DNA of babies and then use there DNA to convict them in the future?

It's going to happen.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Some criminals are smarter than most, which is why some wear gloves. Just so they don't leave any fingerprints. But they may leave a strand of hair, blood, saliva, or any other fluid that would contain DNA and that would help identify the said suspect.
They fingerprint you when you're taken down town to confirm who you say you are, is really true. I could give any number of bogus names, but when they take my fingerprints, the truth will come out.
The same goes for DNA, say they don't have my fingerprints on file, or they didn't find any at a crime scene that I'm suspected of perpetrating. All they have to do it take my blood or swab my mouth, and they'll be able to tell if the DNA they have found at the crime scene matches mine.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The real question is. What can they do with our DNA in the future?

It may all be fine now, but DNA is still something we are learning from, who knows what they can do with it in the future or who can get their hands on it(UK goverment lost data on 25 million people last year)
news.cnet.com...
www.computerweekly.com...

Do we really want out DNA in the hands of people we don't know in a unpredictable future.

Just a thought.

[edit on 26-10-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

They have been taking the DNA of babies for35 years without telling anybody.
I'll find some proof later.

That is getting more to the point of this idea.

They are just sooo keen to have our DNA.

And the dude who went on about 'crooks and f-ups'.

Blaming victims is uncool. You will be wrongly arrested one day and will be happy that there are people very much unlike yourself who see through whats really going on.

I was talking about children and innocent people.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
A possible scenario after just finishing reading H.G. Wells' The First Men in the Moon goes like this:

The Selenites (aliens from inside the moon) have control over the elite that live on earth. They plan on collecting as much DNA as possible so that they can enhance the performance of beings in their social structure for even better performance through the use of genetic manipulation. They plan on disposing of all old non-enhanced beings (humans) in favor of the more advanced beings that will be created. These beings will be super advanced in their pre-ordaned speciality or job and the unnecessary parts of this being will be neglected. Everyone will have a specific task and nothing more, and they will call it perfect.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

H.G. Wells was one of many authors hired by the RIIA in england to create predictive programming.

That this theory came up in that context is noteworthy.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I really don't think that it would be for manufacturing clones. Way too labor intensive. Consider all the equipment needed, the skills needed, that facilities needed. It just wouldn't be worth the effort. Also there is the problem with once you have your clone you need to raise it and train it. It would take too long for any meaningful usage.

I'm of the opinion that it's for identification purposes.

Besides in my case they wouldn't want to clone me. I have a genetic defect.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What exactly do you mean by predictive programming?
please explain.

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
There is a post called " Freakshow Human/Animal Hybrid Creatures Now LEGAL In The U.K."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

themoralcollapseofamerica.blogspot.com...
Imagine a world where the government uses your DNA without your consent to create human/animal hybrid creatures for bizarre scientific experiments. Does that sound like a plot to a far-fetched Hollywood film? It's not

Some of you might find it interesting what they are doing with people's dna.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hmmm...

Interesting stuff.

I had always thought that DNA samples were being stored in case of "natural disaster" such as a gama burst in underground facilities.... just in case.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join