It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India's Chandrayaan Blasts Off To The Moon!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
First 3-D image of Moon on Monday:

... And the first 3-D picture of the Moon’s terrain, taken by the Terrain Mapping Camera (TMC) on board Chandrayaan, will be processed by Monday, according to M. Annadurai, project director of Chandrayaan-1.

... “This stereoscopic image, with its five-metre resolution, will set Chandrayaan apart from the previous lunar missions, and will be one of its most important contributions to science.” The images that would be obtained on Monday would be those taken around the Moon’s equator, he said. The pictures from the TMC’s three cameras would be overlaid to create this 3-D image. Within a year and a half all the images collected from the TMC would be “stitched together” to create a Moon globe, Mr. Annadurai said.

...On Sunday, Chandrayaan’s next scientific experiment would be switched on: The Hyper Spectral Imager (HySI) would create a mineralogical map of the lunar surface and help in understanding the mineralogical composition of the Moon’s interior. “The two sets of images — those captured by the HySI and the TMC — will be overlaid to create an accurate picture of where the minerals are located,” said Mr. Annadurai.

Source: 'The Hindu' article

[edit on 16/11/2008 by sentinel2107]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

If those images are from the MIP while it was on its way down then the resolution will change with the altitude it was at the time, and the 5 metres per pixel resolution is for the other camera, the terrain mapping camera.

According to this article, they are going to present the video of the 25 minutes descent. If they use the whole 15000 images that would mean a 25 minutes, 10 frames per second video.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Two new images from TMC:

Note the images have been cropped because of width limitation here.

Source: ISRO site link

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sentinel2107

Things are getting more interesting.

These are the same images, resized to show the whole image on ATS but a click will take us to the full size images.

[edit on 16/11/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Things are getting more interesting.

These are the same images, resized to show the whole image on ATS but a click will take us to the full size images. ....

In the second pic, ArMaP, notice the appearance of the impression of a giant right foot at the centre (depressions for 4 toes and one for the heel)!

Is this the follow-up to Armstrong's "small step for man" -- aka a "GIANT leap for mankind"?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   

In ArMap's first image, notice the three craters that form a triangle!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

In ArMap's first image, notice the three craters that form a triangle!

And, wonder of wonders, take any two of them, and they can be connected by a straight line

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sentinel2107
In the second pic, ArMaP, notice the appearance of the impression of a giant right foot at the centre (depressions for 4 toes and one for the heel)!

Is this the follow-up to Armstrong's "small step for man" -- aka a "GIANT leap for mankind"?

Well, it's actually Bigfoot's big foot, no wait, perhaps it's his cousin Yeti's foot imprint. That is how they vanished from earth. Remember Apollo missions...? They actually transported them to moon. That's what JAXA, NASA, ESA and all the damn ..SAs are hiding from us.

Originally posted by PhageIn ArMap's first image, notice the three craters that form a triangle!

Hmmm, here it starts. I see a triangle. Oh, there I see a pentagon (pun intended). But actually I see a triangular pyramid (may be a soul collector
) masked between the three craters. Oh, wait, I even see a winking Sid type (Ice Age) ET wooing us to mate with 'it'. Any willing volunteers?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Where is the Link, to the Scource of these images?

I would like to follow this live though thier website, rather than here.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicScorpion
... Oh, wait, I even see a winking Sid type (Ice Age) ET wooing us to mate with 'it'. Any willing volunteers?

You will definitely find some among the lunatic....errr...lunar fringe elements here who will be willing to rise to the occasion!
Count me out!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
Where is the Link, to the Scource of these images?

I would like to follow this live though thier website, rather than here.

Source already provided. Use the mouse wheel to scroll up this page.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

www.isro.org
www.isro.org...

Well on a serious note: I have a few disagreements with scientists explaining so many craters on the moon.

If you observe carefully, each set of crater has a pattern, as if as if hug amounts of soil has been moved to some other place in ordr to construct something. I mean with so many meteorites falling on the moon, the moon should have by this time vanished!!
What is it then? Mining? by the locals of the moon?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
errrr sorry my "e" key sometimes works sometimes does'nt!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfgang1711

.Genius you have solve all of the moons problems! The scientist can now relax.

Educate yourself on the moon more, it helps with theories

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
wow... I'm really happy with the resolution of these pics

But seriously.. good pictures!!

And as for the interesting 'dune-bank' formations only seen in the polar region..
very interesting to me (possibly due to my lack of knowledge on lunar geography) because we don't see similar structures on the equatorial pic. And my rudimentary knowledge on dune-like structures forces me to think that only things like wind cause dunes!
Or is is because the polar regions receive lesser (or perhaps more angular) impacts due to most sol system travelers coming only along and around the solar plane, i.e. equatorial impact?

Does this mean that indigenous geological structures have been somewhat 'preserved' along the polar regions? Does this also mean that Polar regions like Shackleton etc. are 'safer' to colonize due to a comparatively lower frequency of impacts?

This is all very exciting!! So can some well read bloke here come here and give a 'realistic' explanation to these differences so I can snap out of my low-read extrapolative thinking process?

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Laser instrument on board Chandrayaan-1 activated
The Lunar Laser Ranging Instrument (LLRI), one of the 11 scientific instruments on board Chandrayaan-1, was activated on Sunday, when the spacecraft was passing over the western part of the Moon’s visible atmosphere.

A press release from the Indian Space Research Organisation said the LLRI was a radar that would generate information on the height of hills, mountains, and depth of craters and valleys of the Moon.

It sent high-energy lasers towards a strip of the moon’s surface and they would be reflected to the spacecraft. With this, the instrument can measure the height or depth of the Moon’s hills or craters.

An ISRO official said if the laser returned late, it signified the presence of a crater or a valley. If it came back early, it meant there was a mountain or a hill.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
reply to post by wolfgang1711

.Genius you have solve all of the moons problems! The scientist can now relax.

Educate yourself on the moon more, it helps with theories

and today you wud see the three d image coz its my lucky day today, its 17.11.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ahh! I see that conspiracies have already begun!!
Triangles, giant feet etc etc!! Man they've just started. Two years more of pics. Maybe we'll find that Moon Base Delta after all!

Ok here's a sharpened version of that image from the TMC...

Courtesy: ISRO

Wow! Now that's what I call a good hi-res image!

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Ahh! I see that conspiracies have already begun!!
Triangles, giant feet etc etc!! Man they've just started. Two years more of pics. Maybe we'll find that Moon Base Delta after all!

Ok here's a sharpened version of that image from the TMC...

Courtesy: ISRO

Wow! Now that's what I call a good hi-res image!

Cheers!

psst psssssssssssttt.. that looks more like my ex-girl friend'S waistline and the mid riff
exotic

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

lunar atmosphere?!

when did that happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join