It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Says McCain Campaign Sent Donation Letter to UN Mission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Russia Says McCain Campaign Sent Donation Letter to UN Mission

www.bloomberg.com

Oct. 20 (Bloomberg) -- The Russian government said it got a request for a campaign contribution from Republican presidential nominee John McCain, a vocal critic of the country's policies.

Russia's mission to the United Nations received a fund- raising letter on Oct. 16, spokesman Ruslan Bakhtin said today. McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said the letter was undoubtedly a mistake because the campaign would ``never'' solicit money from the Russian government.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.undispatch.com
ap.google.com

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So the Russian government is saying one thing and the McCain reps are saying another. The question is- Who is telling the truth?

Is McCain trying to get fund-raising from freedom's worst enemy? Or is Russia trying to smear the McCain campaign? Or is this just a computer error...

the requests stemmed from "a computer failure" by McCain's campaign, Bakhtin said.

This is interesting breaking news! Thoughts?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I thought I'd spice things up with this tidbit!

Interestingly enough, McCain's campaign manager Rick Davis has several ties to Russia. Last January, the Washington Post reported that Davis set up a meeting between McCain and a controversial Russian billionaire with some unsavory ties back in 2006:

democrats.org

Wow- there's a conspiracy!

But I still think the commies are trying to bring McCain down. They want Obama elected so he brings the troops out of their neck of the woods! Or?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

Is McCain trying to get fund-raising from freedom's worst enemy?

This is interesting breaking news! Thoughts?

I thought the US was "freedoms worst enemy"

On a more serious note, would John McCains aids be stupid enough to ask for a donation from Russia.

OR

Seeing as most Russians favour Obama, it would most likely be a propaganda/race damaging ploy from Russia or an Obama supporter.

Both seem likely but the last seems more likely.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

But I still think the commies are trying to bring McCain down. They want Obama elected so he brings the troops out of their neck of the woods! Or?

how did the chinese/N.Koreans get involved? i thought it was the Democratic Russian's he sent begging letters to?

mind you are you suprised when he said words along the lines of "i hate gooks i always will as long as i live" ........might explain why the communists dont like him

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yeah, my computer does the same thing. Whenever I type a letter to my friends and allies in freedom loving bastions of democracy, it sends it straight to the Kremlin's address. I think the shift key is stuck.

Exactly what is a presidential candidate doing sending begging letters to other countries anyway? What is he offering in return for these 'donations'?

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Excellent find, my ats friend! I must say people who think Obama would be a better president than McCain according to the Russians is mind boggling to me! No one knows the answer to that question except for the Commies in charge. I think he (McCain) would take money from anybody. That is, his campaign would.

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

mind you are you suprised when he said words along the lines of "i hate gooks i always will as long as i live" ........might explain why the communists dont like him

Ooo I forgot about that. Yes well you'll have to forgive senator McCain... If you were captured by Vietnamese and held for years you might feel the same way. Unfortunately racism fuels wars......

Not to get off topic... Is Russia trying to influence our election? I'm not buying the computer malfunction explanation nor can I possibily believe the McCain campaign is that stupid..

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
hahaha, very funny

It wouldn't surprise me since he already had a fundraiser in London organized by Sir Rothschild, who knows.

new topics

top topics

join