It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought this was worth discussion.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Raid on a town of 2200..... The hammer falls.....

No matter your stance on immigration, you have to wonder if perhaps our government is getting a bit heavy handed with things. people are people. America is made up of the outcasts of a hundred societies. Is this what we've become?

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You posted the story...aren't you suppose to start the discussion?

There were over 400 undocumented workers...whats the problem? Supposedly this is the beggining of a lot of big raids. Go ICE!!

Edit:
Come on now that employer has to know he was breaking the law. It's not like ICE hasnt made these raids before.

The nation's kosher supply has taken a big hit because the plant is only functioning at partial capacity.

So maybe he better hire some legal residents to get the job done.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by ATruGod]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This is my own personal view on this subject

We have to have papers for everything (Birth Certificate,ID,SS Number etc)
We also have to abide by the laws of the land ..and would have to in any country we wanted to travel to .We also have to apply for a Visa to go anywhere else outside of our country ...

If we have to do those things as Citizens of this Country ..then so should everyone else .

I know though that it takes along time and a bunch of red tape before anyone actually gets permission to come here ...Which for sure that needs to be overhauled ...and made simpler and faster .
I have no problem with anyone coming here ..just do it the right and legal way like the rest of us have to do .No one should be above the law.....
Otherwise they are breaking the laws of our land ...and if they can and will break those laws ..they wont have a problem breaking other laws once they are here and living here and get away with sneaking in here ......Just like kids ..if you give them an inch they take a mile ..and if they get away with something even once they think they can get away with everything ...

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
they should fine or jail anyone employing illegals.. he 400 people should be driven straight to the border and told not to come back or face jail.....

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatdad
they should fine or jail anyone employing illegals.. he 400 people should be driven straight to the border and told not to come back or face jail.....

Were your ancestors treated that way, you wouldn't live here. Use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Yammer on all you want to about how there is a "Legal" way to become a citizen..... (Have you gone through that route?) and how those DIRTY DIRTY MEXICANS need to get the hell out, but you know what? They do the jobs that you and I won't both happily and well. Get off of your high horse. The cowboy days are over a century behind us.

We need to realize, as a country, that we are ALL Human and stop this us vs. them mentality because that way lies chaos. We should surely hang together because otherwise, we'll all hang separately. There IS no us vs. them anymore, we are all ONE despite our ignorant attempts to deny it.

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Zenagain]

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
[They do the jobs that you and I won't ]

No they do the jobs that our teenage and 20 yr old college kids NEED to be doing ..to help them support themselves .or the second jobs some of us need because we are not making it on one job anymore (with prices so high)...

Not to mention I do some of those jobs .. I clean rental property on weekends and they get alot of the cleaning jobs because they only charge 50.00 (using three people to my one) when I charge 100.00 (which is way too cheap for how filthy they are and how long it takes me to scrub them) ....

I have nothing against them being here or working here ..just go about it the RIGHT WAY ...like WE DO >and OBEY THE LAWS of our land ...(yeah some laws really suck but thats just the way it is ) ...

new topics

top topics

join