It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost hunters, monster quest, discovery channel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Today I was watching several reruns of Ghost hunters, Monster quests and a couple of different cryptozoology shows like Destination truth. On several occasion they have found some pretty intriguing 'evidence', but I started wondering if they really found some so amazing and substantial do you think it would actually be televised? I know that on the TAPS site they talk about pictures and evidence that is for TAPS members only so I have this feeling that these shows may have found more than what they are revealing. What does every one else have to say?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I have wondered some of the same things about this show.

I have come to the conclusion that if they found something HUGE, it would be all over every news outlet before we could even see the episode on Tv. There, probably getting rid of the need to watch it.

I love that show though, still.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I have come to the conclusion that if they found something HUGE, it would be all over every news outlet before we could even see the episode on Tv. There, probably getting rid of the need to watch it.

i agree with this. i think that would be true of any kind of currently unexplained phenomena...if something truly shocking was found it would all over the place.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mateandbucky06

i think that it for these shows are quite good ... only destination truth and ghost hunters ... i tried watching some most haunted on the travel channel but that was obviously a fake show ... idk this is the only real thing i know that got discovered on ghost hunters that was pretty well publicized was when the ghost hunters went to the mansfield reformatory and caught that extremely fast black mass ... also on destination truth didn't they make a discovery of big foot ... or at least a mold of his foot print?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

These shows also rule out other possibilities of what the creature is and in other cases can solve a mystery. Monster Quest solved the Texas chupacabra mystery by analyzing DNA from a body. It turned out it was a canine, and the body was just mutated. It also opened up a lot of questions as to why the dogs were mutating.

Another thing is if these shows do find a Bigfoot body, they have people sign secrecy agreements until the show aired. That way all the DNA and other tests would be complete.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
TAPS or Ghost Hunters I feel is on the level. I've watched many shows and they go to a lot of trouble to debunk evidence. Many of their shows end up with nothing that is of interest and this goes to them not creating something every show. The evidence they do get, black forms moving, objects moving, EVPs, all seem above board and trustworthy. Definitely some of the best evidence I've ever seen comes from this show. THe Florida lighthouse show with the black mass moving up the stairways and peering over was great evidence. Their infrared camera work is also compelling.

The Monster Quest shows seem contrived in comparison.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I like TAPS,I watch it all the time ,they debunk and if the person experiencing hauntings just has a bad breaker box they say call an electrician ,but if they are haunted they say that too. I think they do show a lot of things in their reveal doors opening by themselves and such ,they did show footage that was pretty interesting when they were at a lighthouse somewhere once and a ghost looked down at them from above a winding staircase ,it was something else very convincing

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
TAPS and Destination Truth, I like them. Have seen thing's that they even missed before on rewatching the evidences, haven't shared it with anyone til now. But , for the most part, they are really good and conclusive shows for the people that are interested, and you will always have your "Skeptics"... OOooHHhh!! How I despise that word!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

On a super funny note there's a show like this, a ghost hunting show ,that's British ,it's just awful because they have this team of psychics that goes in and 'reads' the spirit,and here's the kicker ,invariably they find a victim of witchcraft related homicide and or a killer that was a monk who secretly practiced witchcraft!

Once they were at this beautiful old Elizabethan era pub,and of course they discovered it had been the scene of witch craft atrocities

[edit on (11/17/0808 by invisiblewoman]

Oh my post was incomplete!???

so any way all I could think was if it's an old pub I would expect to find the friendly town inebriate ,still looking for a pint and ajoke but somehow these Pschics never find That guy

[edit on (11/17/0808 by invisiblewoman]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I would say that first and foremost, those shows are entertainment and not overly seriously scientific.

Although they do some good work every once in a while, at the end of the day they are still just TV shows.

I don't take them too seriously.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I use to be a "Most Haunted" fan!! LOl
I got fed up with "Yvette" or "Evette's" squealing and jumping, and no to mention the constant bad focusing and "Bleeps" through out the whole show, so "Yes I am familiar with them."
GH, GHI and Destination Truth have pulled through as a well orginized and respectable investigated crew in my books.
The newest show that has come out "Ghost Adventures" has proven to be quite a "Goose Bump" kind of show as well.
But as one poster has stated, "at the end of the day, they are still entertainment." But what entertainment!!!

I will be looking out for a new series of "Paranormal State" as well, "Have you ever seen that show?"

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

To be honest I like Monsterquest because it brings up other nonpopular cryptozoolongy creatures. But as for those ghost shows, I just don't believe them (no offense to anyone) and not really interested.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

bwahaha! you knew what I was talking about

At first it was highly amusing but after awhile I was just oh jeez not this again !

of course they are entertainment,and I'm hooked

Has anyone watched one on I think on Discovery Channel, A Haunting,those are so good ,they are true account mini documentaries of real hauntings experienced by the real people ,OHMAHGAH!

A Haunting in Connecticut, soooo scary,they're all A Haunting in *somewhere* that's how it's formatted

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yes, I have seen the show "A Haunting" but ti is all just reruns of the same old shows.
I didn't see an answer for the show I had mentioned though, "Ghost Adventures"? Have ever seen it? It is really quite good. There are only three guy's on the crew and they document their own adventures with no unedited breaks, other than commercials.

As for the poster about how they/he/she had stated that they weren't into the ghost shows but was interested in the "Monster-quest" series, "I personally believe there is more than meets the eye on both paranormal studies of interest." Quest is "All right" I guess, but it is just as inconclusive as any of the ghost hunting shows that are out there as of right now.

Another good show I choose t watch, when I can, (No TIVO Ya Know:-() is "UFO Hunters" on the Sci-fi channel, especially with their new season coming out. "Keep your eyes to the skies!!"

But all in all, the basic paranormal shows have been insightful and intriguing at the same time.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I think I've seen a few of the Ghost Adventures,are they the ones that went to a scary hotel in Nevada? I saw one like what you're talking about where they did that ,it was crazy. Monster Quest was okay when it first started but I lost interest in it because they never find a Monster

at least the Ghost Hunters find ghosts now and then

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
That be the ones!!

I went to Youtube and got a clip of the "Brick throwing" incident, there are many more on the scrolling menu bar for you to check out, if you would like. All in all, these guy's are as good, if not better than GH IMHO.

www.youtube.com...

I was the same way with Monster Quest as well, hour upon hour hoping to see history of myth trying to rewrite itself for the other worldly believers..

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

WHOO hoo! I'm super glad you found that1 I wanted to get that but I had totally forgotten enough of the details to do a search

Did you know that the Goldfield Hotel is the most haunted location ON EARTH!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by invisiblewoman

Yes, I have heard that, but the "Sloss" mining company takes the cake, the ghost adventure crew went there last week, it was a mind blower.

You can find it on the YT search, just type in Ghost adventures Sloss , or you can just cut and paste it from my post.

They are pretty convincing with the evidence they produce for there being a "Qauntifiable alternate existance of the after life scenario."

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

did you see my thread about my long lost poltergeist? 12 years of hilarity and some creepy stuff

this is just a brief account of some of the things we experienced with it
the funny thing about it all was that my husband is a skeptics skeptic and even he had to come around to the poltergeists way of thinking

I miss my poltergeist

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
My "Reply to" doesn't seem to be working invisiblewoman, so I'll wing-it.

Very interesting story there about your polty guest!! LOL

I have had a few experiences, but never the same place, that is until I moved into my "Now" apartment. Apparently a small girl had died there in the late 1800's and the there was a landlord/manager that had hung himself in the early 80's. Seen both of them, but without the research and inquiries I made, I would of never allowed myself to except what I was seeing because it was such fleeting moments of my experiences.

Very cool though.

So, Did you check out the "Sloss" investigation by Ghost Adventures yet?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join