It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin: Obama Is ‘Palling Around With Terrorists’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

The point is that just because you can prove that people have associated with each other does not mean you can prove that they share the same ideals and morals. In fact, often the two are completely irrelevant to each other.

Work does not mix with play. You can associate me with plenty of idiots who I've either worked with, known, or they were friends of friends. I am representative of myself, and no one else is.

So, while you can prove that Obama and Ayers have had contact in the past all you want, it is erroneous because there is no real story. Now, you get a story that Obama and Ayers were discussing terrorism or something of any worth, and then we'll talk.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
Yeah, I chose that word more as a joke.

I figured. But I just had to 'getchya' on it!

BACK TO THE RACES -

Article Here Ayers/Obama connection deeper and longer then most people realize.

Govenor Palin said that Obama palled around with terrorists.
Ayers isn't the only shady connection.

Anti-white/Anti-Gay Rev. James Meeks
Felon Tony Rezko
Terrorist Bernadine Dohrn
Whackadoo anti-white/anti-Jew Jeremiah Wright
Rashid Khalidi
Criminals - George W. Haywood, John J. Gorman, and Jared Abbruzzese.

And the biggie - International gun runner/Saddam bag man/Oil For Food $$ thief - Nadmhi Auchi

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
Doesn't seem like G. Gordon Liddy is doing any of the same anymore, does it?

51 - you SHOULD start a thread about the McCain/Liddy connection. Dig in. Go for it. I'd be very interested. ALL CONNECTIONS are vitally important when talking about a potential POTUS for the USA.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Originally posted by Sublime620

What do you want me to disprove? I'll disprove yours, if you disprove mine:

• Obama did not take part of or even know Ayers in the days in question.

Agreed.

• Ayers is now an upstanding citizen...

• That is a matter of opinion.

• Ayers no longer takes part in any of his previous hobbies.

• Really? There are more ways than one to support terrorism. One is through financing. Another is through "education".

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:14 PM
    link   
    I think FredT has his eyes full, right now, and they're likely rolling back into his head.

Gov Palin was put 'out there', to "spout" this nonsense, about the William Ayers 'alleged' connection....even though Sen. Obama was eight or nine years old, during the Vietnam Era....shesh, I was born in 1957....in April, 1957, so now everyone can 'vet' me, as well.

Look.....this 'baloney' about "palling around with terrorists" is just, well...baloney.

A distraction from the real issues of the day....and THAT is the ECONOMY!!!

The McCain 'Campaign' seems to be very desparate. And, they resort to this???

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:17 PM
    link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
    Gov Palin was put 'out there', to "spout" this

All through recent history the VP candidate is the one to go on the attack.
    It's traditional. It's how it's usually done.

the William Ayers 'alleged' connection

there is nothing 'alleged' about it. Read the thread.

A distraction from the real issues of the day

It's very possible to have more than one issue of importance.
    EVERYTHING is important when looking at a potential POTUS.

My choice - Baldwin/Constitution Party.
    I agree with most issues.
    He doesnt' have the baggage that McCain and Obama have.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
    link   

Yes, but both, that he may be breeding terrorists or still doing immoral things, are speculation at best.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:19 PM
    link   
    What bothers me about Ayers, is that after 9/11 he was saying that "We should have bombed more." I'm not sure of the exact quote and i'm too lazy too look up a link, but that's the mainly what it came down too. Obama was still associated with this man afterwards. If you had a buddy who said a comment like that, would you still associate yourself with him? I wouldn't. Why would i want to associate myself with a murderer?

I don't understand how anyone can stick up for a man that has done and said such vile things. You can draw all the comparisons you want, but that doesn't change anything this man has done or stands for.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:21 PM
    link   
    Ayers was a 60's anti-war radical. There was a big movement then against the war. Those of you who only remember the 60's from what you read in the history books have no idea what it was like then. Ayers was as much a 'terrorist' as Ben Franklin, George Washington and the rest of the 'radicals' back in the 1770's. And simple association with a former 60's Vietnam war radical in no way links Obama to terrorism. I guess if he let Jane Fonda aka Hanoi Jane, attend a political function, then you would say that he was condoning her actions back then as well! More importantly, WHAT THE BLUE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE ISSUES THAT ARE FACING OUR NATION!!! It's political sidetracking and is of no value as to the problems we are currently facing! You want to debate which candidate is the better choice, debate their stand on the issues instead of this BS!

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:31 PM
    link   
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes, FF....it has been tradition for the Veep Candidate to be the 'attack dog'...

As yet, I have not seen Sen. Joe Biden being such an 'attack dog', so let's compare "governor" Sarah Palin vs. Senator Joseph Biden.

While we're at it, let's take a moment to realize that 'President' Bush had, before being 'elected' in 2000, at the most a governership.....the only thing is, he had at least four years as Governor, before being 'elected' "President".

Allow me to ask ya', as a 'Joe six-pack to anotha'.....I could try ta , well, speak as a fella....one ta another....! (insert "wink" here).

Look....we cannot simply be fooled by a former Miss Alaska, just because she's beautiful. Have you not seen her Husband?? He has a Goatee!!!!!

Didn't Stalin have a Goatee??? (Or, was it it Castro???)

Can anyone see the irony, here....yet???

We do NOT vote based on appearance.....we VOTE based on what we think our candidate will do for us.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:42 PM
    link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
    reply to post by FlyersFan

Look....we cannot simply be fooled by a former Miss Alaska, just because she's beautiful. Have you not seen her Husband?? He has a Goatee!!!!!

Didn't Stalin have a Goatee??? (Or, was it it Castro???)

Can anyone see the irony, here....yet???

We do NOT vote based on appearance.....we VOTE based on what we think our candidate will do for us.

Hear him, hear him.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 06:47 PM
    link   
    reply to post by David9176

Apparently you are too lazy. That quote is completely taken out of context.

Why would you, or anyone else, try to make it seem as if he was saying that in relation to 9/11? As far as I am concerned, and I hope everyone else agrees, your apparent "laziness" and spewing of twisted truths will cause me to take future posts of yours with a grain of salt.

The piece is here, and it was published on 9/11. He said it prior to 9/11 (though still completely inappropriate statement that speaks volumes about him).

Though, after much research, it appears McCain is also spreading this garbage. I guess I need to take his statements with a grain of salt also.

McCain Ayers Fib

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:08 PM
    link   

I think there is a misunderstanding here. What Ayers said was published on 9/11/2001.

No Regrets for a Love Of Explosives; In a Memoir of Sorts, a War Protester Talks of Life With the Weathermen

By DINITIA SMITH
    Published: September 11, 2001

”I don’t regret setting bombs,” Bill Ayers said. ”I feel we didn’t do enough.” Mr. Ayers, who spent the 1970’s as a fugitive in the Weather Underground, was sitting in the kitchen of his big turn-of-the-19th-century stone house in the Hyde Park district of Chicago. The long curly locks in his Wanted poster are shorn, though he wears earrings. He still has tattooed on his neck the rainbow-and-lightning Weathermen logo that appeared on letters taking responsibility for bombings. And he still has the ebullient, ingratiating manner, the apparently intense interest in other people, that made him a charismatic figure in the radical student movement.

sweetness-light.com...

He didn't say it about 9/11. I'm sure David9176 didn't mean that, and understands the difference.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
    link   

No, he did mean it, and so did McCain when he said it. It's not a play on words like the speculative "pigs with lipstick". It was said directly by both.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:33 PM
    link   
    That's what i meant. I've read so much junk on this my brain is getting scrambled. Sorry for my LAZINESS. I'll blame myself for that because i should have known there would be a price to pay for being vague. I was just trying to recite what i seen Hillary Clinton say on a vid that i seen.

On a side note...i'm tired. LOL I dont know why i subject myself to the scrutiny of it all, but i have been.

I often ask myself why in the hell i care anyway...i never cared much about this kind of thing before. What was it that got me into it? McCain picking Palin for VP. Why? I didn't know who she was at all so i turn on the tv to see what is being said about her...and she was being clobbered in the media. I felt bad for her. She had barely said a WORD to the public and she was being destroyed before she really even had a chance to speak.

So i joined the fray and the mudslinging. I don't agree with her on some issues, but that can be said for any of the candidates.

Some of the posters on these threads tend to easily throw out personal insults just because someone is saying something bad about their party/presidential candidate. It's weak.

You're right Mr. Anchorman, my LAZINESS and tiredness got to me. I guess i'm not on par with your POLITICAL GENIUS.

+6 more 
    posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
    link   
    Here's what I don't think those of you who did not live through that period understand. During the Vietnam war, we still had a draft. You did not have the choice to serve or not to serve that the youth of today enjoy.

We lost 58,159 US soldiers with an additional 2,000 still classified as MIA. 303,635 soldiers and sailors were wounded. Compare that to the Iraq war.

There were reports, which were later confirmed, of soldiers killing unarmed women and children. You think Bush is unpopular, Richard 'Dick' Nixon was far more unpopular with those under 30. He was so unpopular that his nickname is still used to describe male genetalia. That's right, that's were the term came from!

The anti-war movement was huge, and the youth of the country either held sit-ins or went the way of the Weathermen. Those of you who are under 45 just don't understand the volitility of the times then. An important part of that 9/11 article needs to be noted:

”I don’t think you can understand a single thing we did without understanding the violence of the Vietnam War,” he said, and the fact that ”the enduring scar of racism was fully in flower.” Mr. Ayers pointed to Bob Kerrey, former Democratic Senator from Nebraska, who has admitted leading a raid in 1969 in which Vietnamese women and children were killed. ”He committed an act of terrorism,” Mr. Ayers said. ”I didn’t kill innocent people.”

Until you understand the times in which this 'terrorist' was active, you cannot understand the motives of such radicals. You think the Iraq war is unpopular, it pales in comparison to the feelings during the Vietnam war. You think our current government is corrupt, it's nothing compared to the Nixon Administration. These people were not trying to overthrough the government, they were trying to get it back from the 'crooks' who had hijacked it. That's not 'terrorism', it's patriotism. It may have been misguided, but the motivations are the same.

Since 9/11, terrorism has become a 'buzz' word, but it does not apply to those who engaged in the anti-war movement of that time. Given this, it is completely unfair and just wrong for the McCain/Palin Campaign to try to use this to discredit Obama.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
    link   

After consideration, it's not your fault. McCain said it, you read it. You should be able to assume that it's correct. So, I apologize to you. It's not your fault.

I must, however, reiterate that it's completely untrue and despicable that McCain would say it. For those who think it was not done on purpose, why mention the date if not to imply that was what he was referring to?

Why not say, "He said he wished he had set more bombs"? Why say, "on Sept. 11, 2001, said he still wanted to bomb more"?

What purpose does the date serve? If it was November 5th, 2003, would he have said the entire date?

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Bullcrap.

I lived through that period also. I was 18 at the height of the war. I ingested my share of tear gas and had friends and schoolmates lost to the war. My older brother was in the military at the time. I did my share of demonstrating.

But none of my friends or associates condoned Ayers or his ilk. He was nothing but a punk to us. Bombing a judge's house or NYPD Headquarters had nothing to do with the war; it was just plain being a terrorist. Don't try to glorify or justify his actions.

Here’s a quote from Ayers explaining the Weatherman philosophy. Tell me if this is the average “60’s protester?”

Kill all the rich people, break up their cars and apartments, bring the revolution home…that’s where it’s really at.

www.stoptheaclu.com...

How about this:

I interviewed Ayers ten years ago, in a kindergarten classroom in uptown Manhattan where he was employed to shape the minds of inner city children. Dressed in bib overalls with golden curls rolling below his ears, Ayers reviewed his activities as a terrorist for my tape recorder. When he was done, he broke into a broad, Jack Horner grin and summed up his experience: “Guilty as hell. Free as a bird. America is a great country.”

So please don't try to equate this scumbag with the rest of us from that era. It just isn't true.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:53 PM
    link   

Ok....After the PLANE CRASHES INTO THE TWIN TOWERS on 9/11, a horrible tragedy, he was still associated with him. That is my point. If he knew of Ayers past, he should have disassociated himself with him. He didn't.

If that was me, I'd never speak to the man again. Period. That is my point as i take a tylenol for this massive headache i've managed to obtain.

Geez, quit being so anal...lol. You know what i meant.
    [edit on 10-10-2008 by David9176]

[edit on 10-10-2008 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
    link   

What bombing on 9/11?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join