It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take on Roswell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Roswell is a mystery to many.
But to find out what happened lets eliminate the two least likely conclusions. They recovered a weather balloon, and a crashed flying saucer.
What if it was the german test missiles that we developed after illegally smuggleing german scientists into the country?

(more later...)

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I actually spent some time researching the Roswell incident in the early 1980's.

My notes are long-lost due to inept movers some years ago (sigh)... however, the conclusions of our group were as follows:

The "crash" and subsequent cover-up were carefully manufactured events to foster the theory that we (USA) may be in possession of interstellar alien technology. The mid-to-late 1950's was an era of intense cold war disinformation techniques on both sides of the virtual conflict. The start up of follow-up UFO projects and initiatives were all designed to perpetuate the initial myth begun with the Roswell incident. As the strategic lie grew larger and larger, the truth became impossible to tell. And to this day, the truth is less strategic than the continued lie.

If you compare the historical timeline of world events with the UFO hype growth, peak, and slow decline, you will see startling cold war parallels.

Given the fantastic nature of the concept of extraterrestrials, and the unlikely prospect that the technology that brought them here would allow a crash... our conclusion fits as well (if not better) with the "facts" as any other theory. Also, our theory fits with the motives and style of the US government of the era.

Something to consider.

posted on Jan, 14 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
that anyone could ever, ever not be able to tell the difference between balsa wood and tinfoil debris, versus that of a flying saucer...let alone, an intelligence expert.

Couple that with the ridiculous cover-up trying to use the parachute dummy excuse (even though the tests didn't happen till years after Roswell), and it just stinks too much...

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The BMW plant in Prague had build a prototype advanced jet powered saucer shaped aircraft with a diameter of about 140 feet. This was completed by 1944, this aircraft was flying by February of 1945, and was destroyed along with its blueprints when it became apparent it would soon fall into the hands of the allies. British intelligence reports confirm the existence of this.

But didn't the crash happen in '47? That could also explain the comment, "It was made from materials not of this world."

If it were an alien saucer, I do not believe the could have hidden it so easily.

And, Gaz, you are right about one thing, It shouldn't have taken them a week to figure out it was a weather balloon, when any alert E-1 could have identified it in about 30 seconds.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
"If it were an alien saucer, I do not believe the (sic) could have hidden it so easily."

Nothing about it was easy... They had to retract a newspaper front page story, threaten the populace, contain the area, then move the debris to uncompromised locations. Easily? There's plenty of paper trail, and other screw-ups, because it was a new problem. I'm amazed it was able to lie dormant for the 30 years or so, that it did. And that was mostly due to the climate of the times, patriotism, etc.

posted on Jan, 15 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am sure that if it were an alien saucer, it hadn't been the first. Or else, they would have bundled it up even worse than they did.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Firstly...There is a report of a 'Foo Fighter' (UFO) crashing on British soil during WWII. It was examined and then shipped to the US.

Regarding the Roswell 'debris'. Major Marcell, who helped recover the debris, stated that the stuff was taken to Fort Worth. It was then sent to Wright Field (Wright Patterson) and replaced with balloon debris for the attention of the press. (Roswell AFB had its own weather station, so they would not have made the mistake of misidentifying a weather balloon, regardless of its state)

The military said it was a balloon from 'Project Mogul', a secret project to listen for Russian nuclear tests. Project Mogul was scrapped in 1948, the Russians tested their first nuclear bomb in August 1949.

They (the military) passed the 'alien' bodies off as test dummies from Project 'Excelsior'. The only problem is, the 'alien bodies were described as about 3 to 4 feet tall and fragile looking, the test dummies were 6 feet tall and weighed 200 pounds. Not exactly the same.
Glenn Dennis, the Roswell undertaker, said he saw an 'alien' body in a military ambulance and the military said it was an 'Excelsior' pilot who had a gondola roll over his head, causing it to swell.

Project 'Excelsior' was designed to develope a better way for pilots to exit damaged aircraft, because they were getting faster and flying higher. The problem is... Project 'Excelsior' didn't begin until the mid 1950s (with test dummies) and live 'pilots' weren't used until the late 1950s and early 1960s. Also, the 'pilots' didn't ride to earth in the gondolas, they baled out using high altitude parachutes. THIS HAPPENED LONG AFTER ROSWELL so how could the witnesses have mixed up the facts.

posted on Jan, 17 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   
"Firstly...There is a report of a 'Foo Fighter' (UFO) crashing on British soil during WWII. It was examined and then shipped to the US."

I should have clarified that I believe that Roswell was the first time a craft was recovered in a "civilian" setting, and thus posed new problems. A craft recovered during wartime would have proven much easier to contain, as there's an easy excuse for extracation equipment, secrecy, etc. Not saying the "foo fighter" recovery happened either, but I certainly have something else to look into...any links Cat?

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
First of all, Foo-Fighters are ufo's, but...None have been known to crash.

The term foo fighter was coined durring WWII when the americans and japanese were air fighting, strange lights were seen by both sides. Lights that would paralell (sp?) the figher planes, and veer off, suddenly dissapearing. No body knows what they were. They were not crafts, just lights.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:01 AM
link   
There isn't a link regarding this crash...unfortunately.
All the information was published by Nicholas Redfern in his book "COSMIC CRASHES".

The information originally came from an ex-US Navy intelligence officer, via Leonard Stringfield (also a former intelligence officer). It crashed 'somewhere' within the UK during WWII, was examined by the military and then sent to the States, 'strapped' to a B17.

Redfern made a reference to a file at the Public Records Office at Kew in the UK. The number he quoted is AIR 14/2800.

As far as I'm aware, no information of a 'Foo Fighter' crash has ever been released on the Web or in print before. This information was uncovered by pure accident while Redfern was researching his book.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 04:31 AM
link   
The debris that was shown to the public, via the press, WAS weather balloon debris.
As Major Jesse Marcel said, the debris was taken from Roswell AFB to Fort Worth, then it was sent to Wright Field (now Wright Patterson) and the weather balloon debris was presented to the press.

In the early 1990s, the military said there HAD been a cover-up and that the debris was from a project called 'Mogul', a secret project to detect Russian nuclear tests. 'Mogul' began in 1946 and scrapped in 1948 as being unfeasable. The Russians conducted their first nuclear test on 2nd August 1949, a year AFTER 'Mogul' was scrapped.

Regarding the alien bodied...the military claimed they were test dummies.
The witnesses claimed the bodies were 3 to 4 feet tall and frail looking, like children. The test dummies were 6 feet tall and weighed 200 pounds. Not exactly a match!

Glenn Dennis, the Roswell undertaker, said he saw an alien body in a military ambulance. The military said it was a pilot from a secret test and, after a gondola had rolled over his head, his head had swelled to twice its normal size and this is what Dennis saw.

As jets were flying faster and higher, the military WERE condicting tests to provide a safer way for pilots to exit the stricken aircraft. The project was called 'Excelsior'.

At first, the military used the said test dummies, but later used live 'pilots'. Plus, the 'pilots' didn't ride down with the gondola, they jumped out using parachutes.

If it was so secret, why was one of the 'pilots' splashed all over the papers when he attained the world record for a PARACHUTE DROP. (Joe Kittinger)
His story can be found on the US Airforce Museum's website.

The problem is, Project 'Excelsior' was conducted during the mid 1950s and early 1960s, so how could the Roswell witnesses have misidentified what they saw?

Also, if Project 'Mogul' was scrapped BEFORE the Russians conducted their first nuclear test, what would be the need to keep the project secret until the 1990s. Even using the 30 year secrecy rule, the information would have been available to the public when Roswell first came to light during the 1980s.

Lastly, on 11th November 1947, during an anniversary dinner for the Foreign Press Association, the US delegate for the UN, Warren Austin, stated that the..."US doubted that the USSR had 'made a feasable atomic bomb."
They also believed that no other country were capable of the technology to do so either.
As I said...so why the secrecy.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It's the element of surprise.

They cannot just go blabbing their new or ole technology around. Some one might just pick it up, using it against them.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You ask me, it was a black ops craft the US was trying out. It could have been a Nazi prototype saucer which may have included the first stages of stealth which would mean the craft could have been made out of wood. Since Nazi Stealth technology was based using wood.

Don't forget the first Nazi wing craft crashed in Germany before the end of the war, there is a lot of test craft that crash. It is more likely that a test craft, crashed rather than a sophisticated UFO that came all the way from who knows.

The one thing we do know, is anyone who may know is probably dead do to old age and any records of Roswell are gone never to be found.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by joehayner
But to find out what happened let's eliminate the two least likely conclusions. They recovered a weather balloon, and a crashed flying saucer.

On this planet as I know it, crashed flying saucer is NOT an unlikely event.

I have no first-hand knowledge of the event. I was born in 1954 and I can't remember what I was doing before that.

The event has been extensively researched by numerous persons. To my mind, Don Schmitt has been one of the most thorough. And he says it was a saucer crash.

There were over 50 people involved in that incident that were interviewed at various times later. Almost all of them believe it was a saucer crash.

Laura Knight's sources also say it was a saucer crash. Her sources actually say that there were three different crashes all in the same area at around the same time. That has been one cause of the confusion about them.

Sanni Ceto also says it was a saucer crash.

Larry King did a show on the topic some time ago, and all his guests said it was a saucer crash.

My other sources of a wide and diverse nature testify to the existence of ETs meddling on earth.

So what am I supposed to think? I think it was a saucer crash. And I think right now that deciding for sure one way or the other is about the least important thing we could be worried about. Our links to the ET world are so much more profound than a few unfortunate equipment failures in New Mexico.

I urge one and all reading this to just start thinking with this. It may not seem that important today but it might mean life or death tomorrow. Get up to speed on this subject!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Actually many of the Operation Paperclip personnel working on flying saucers
were in New Mexico and in Roswell and many people saw these ships and knew
they were Nazis and started to figure things out. Like Tesla may have been
involved and they had engines that ran on Helium. Silly isn't it. So the heads
of the operation went to divert attention to the mass media that outer space
people, being a Big Lie, were involved and that such an official mass media
coverage would satisfy their needs to say the aliens did it not me.
Sounds like the Big H himself, the top Nazi and top liar of the Big Lie technique,
might have dreamed that one up to save the day.

new topics

top topics

join