It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret door in the side of a mountain, we peeked inside

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr
reply to post by hiii_98

Then I suggest you head back there with a cutting torch and proceed to sear metal. Perhaps the dynamite just out of sight behind the door won't ignite this time. Another thing, this is private property is it not? You have no business even considering "breaking into" this place.

This is a door on the side of a mountain next to the Green River.... this is not on someone's personal land...HOWEVER... it is likely (almost assuredly) owned by the goverment and doing anything to break in would most certainly be illegal. I do not want to come across as condoning illegal activitites, however i will speak in the hypothetical as how it would be possible HYPOTHETICALLY to get in.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I could be wrong and often am, I can not watch the video here at work, but it sounds from the description given, like an entrance to an old fallout shelter. Supplies would be stored at the front to be handed out on the way in. The camouflage and the lock as well, is in place mainly to keep people away from it until it is needed so that the supplies would not be ransacked. After entering in there would more than likely a cavern that would go down and in only to pen up to a larger group area. The Christmas tree lights, if that’s what they are, would probably be powered from a portable generator and would more than likely help to slightly illuminate the interior as well as a walkway down to the interior of the fallout shelter, kind of like movie theater walkway lighting.

< - - - Edit to Add - - - >

If a fallout shelter, it would be more than likely a government one that had been forgotten about for some time

[edit on 7/22/2009 by AlienCarnage]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
from what i remember what "looked like" christmas tree large bulbs were not arranged in a liner fashion but more like they were posted in zigzagging and random pattern (like a small city) on the vertically on the wall facing the hole. Keep in mind they were NOT on or anything like that and most likely had nothing to do with christmas, but were large light bulbs arranged in a grid like pattern on the wall... that is what struck me as the most peculiar.

Also what is really bothering me is that you are the second person to tell me that the video is not working for some reason. Its working from my end but.... do i sniff a conspiracy here??? I never shut the video off.. anyone else having trouble?

[edit on 22-7-2009 by hiii_98]

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

video works just fine for me

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
You can buy Christmas tree lights, by the string, that are battery operated. (But probaby only in the last decade.). I'm wondering if somebody didn't put those up there to have simple access to illumination, rather than having to handle a flashlight while they were in there. Not particularly professional, but it would do the job for that small room.

Okay, am I the only one who noticed what looked like the drawing of a wolf or something on the wall? Would someone look again and see if you see this? Hii, if not, then what am I seeing that looks like a drawing on the wall? Or, do I need glasses.

My initial thought was this is the storage of some old survivalist.

Thanks for sharing this Hii. I'm shocked anybody would presume to criticize your adventures! It's just jealousy.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Sorry, it was not that it wasn't working, but I was at my job and can't open videos there.

Now that I have seen the video, for some reason, I still have the impression of an old fallout shelter. As for the lights, might still be used for slight illumination, but not sure.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
leaning towards the fallout shelter theory myself. The flag should be a giveaway of what this tunnel was used for. The whole place felt like it was constructed slightly after world war 2 to me. There are also two pipes coming out of the tunnel. They looked like some sort of old ventalation pipes or something. Anyone ever head out to Moab Utah please check this place out... also bring a flare (you might blow up lol) or a glow stick to drop through the whole to illuminate the room and a small camera. Your field of view is extremely limited by the whole size.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
To Marr:

I just received notification that you named me as a foe. Since I had no recollection as to who you are, I went to your profile to see what thread we have both posted on, and this seems to be it.

I presume this is because I said I was surprised that anyone had criticized Hii? Well, as we say in the south "Bless your heart".

To be honest with you, and I hate to hurt your feelings, but I didn't give your post a second thought. To be honest, I'm not even sure I read it until now. lol.

But foe away, foe away. Happy, happy foeing.

Peace,
liw

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
All in all a very interesting find. Wish I didn't have to young ones, or would take a trip there myself.

Even if it is a long forgotten about area, you still have to be careful. Not sure what security measures if any would be in place, but you wouldn't want to find out after opening a door that they were in place and still operational after all this time. After all a fallout shelter and the goods inside, if that is what it is, in the event of a catastrophe, would be in high demand, and they would surely want to secure the items inside, but then again they may have thought the camouflage heavy door an lock were enough.

Where I don't think you would be surrounded by swarms of armed guards since the OP wasn't, I would still be careful poking around the area anyway, just in case. like I said you never know what kind of security or deterrent they had in place to activate once the doors opened, or after you stepped in the wrong place inside.

< - - - Edit for Spelling - - - >

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Now you listen here woman. As you should've noted when you were snooping through my info. I don't have a lot of posts and am fairly new to posting. I was curious what friend/foe was, so I clicked on it. I don't have any regrets. I don't understand why you are trying to insert all this drama crap into this discussion. Completely unneccesary and unwarranted. Get out of your trailer and off the couch once in a while, and turn the Jerry Springer off for good. You'll be much happier in life. Nothing you can say could hurt my feelings. I'm not jealous of the OP, actually, I have little to no respect for anyone that contemplates and encourages others to do criminal damage to property not belonging to them. Furthermore, I wasn't trying to defame your demi-god, but was concerned for the (if any) people that wanted to head out to this place. This whole thing sounds fishy to me and imo could get someone easily hurt. And I"m not buying the fallout shelter claim either. Isnt this place surrounding by fricken uranium??

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

Originally posted by karpator
would someone be able to lockpick it maybe? but then again if the lock is rusted it wont work so good

i think its stupid that i dont have stuff like this in my neighbourhood or some where i know

I think it would be possible to lock pick..not easy but possible. The lock itself is surrounded by a boltcutter like housing. You actually have to stick your hand into a thick metal tube to get to the lock itself. I really more recommend putting a light through the hole that someone else already cut into the door and then putting in a small camera and pearing around rather than breaking anything...

[edit on 22-7-2009 by hiii_98]

What you are describing is the required locking system for a explosives magazine there should be two cans with two locks.

This may be a old magazine that is now being used by the county or state road department to store explosives for road work or removing large boulders that fall onto the roads in that area.

That would also explain the red flags as they are for posting to warn the public when blasting.

It is a big time felony to break into a explosives magazine even if its empty.
The ATF is not a agency you want to mess with.

[edit on 24-7-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

Isnt this place surrounding by fricken uranium??

The site below should educate you on uranium.
Basically uranium is naturally occurring in just about all rocks and soil. So I do not see your point.

www.epa.gov...

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

It was my understanding that this door is in close proximity to where uranium was once mined. I'm not familiar with uranium mining, but it would seem that this place would be of higher rad levels than your typical door in a mountain somewhere due to mining tailings and so forth. I was noting the irony of building a fallout shelter next to a uranium mine, that was my point.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

By mining for it your are extracting it, therefore, there would more than likely have lower levels in an area where it was extracted, making it an even better location for a fallout shelter.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienCarnage

Nahh, I'm not buying that. I wouldn't want to build a house there, would you?

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

As long as there are no "waste rock" piles in the area, I see no reason why not.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You have likely exposed yourselves to radiological material. The site is possibly associated with the Uranium milling operation that used to be at the entrance to Arches National Park.

Moab, Utah UMTRA Project

DOE restricts access to the radiological control area of the site where the mill tailings and the highest concentrations of soil contamination exist. This area is fenced and signs are posted in accordance with the requirements of Title 10 Code of Federal Regulations Part 835 and relevant DOE guidelines. Staff are on site 7 days per week and perform security, maintenance activities, erosion control measures, storm water prevention activities, and health and safety oversight of the field activities.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
All I can say is: Pics or didn't happen

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

After reading this I find I am utterly speechless. lol.
...on so many different levels.

Have a good day, sir, and welcome to ATS!

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
All I can say is: Pics or didn't happen

I DO NOT LIVE ANYWHERE NEAR MOAB UTAH. I would love to do nothing more than to add to this story and contribute more than i have already however i leave that in the reader's lap to take the initiative.

This photo was taken by someone who followed my coordinates. If you follow my posts i ALWAYS try to backup my claims.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join