It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Church Ready to Accept Aliens as Brothers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Catholic Church Ready to Accept Aliens as Brothers

abcnews.go.com

Little green men might shock the secular public. But the Catholic Church would welcome them as brothers. That's what Vatican chief astronomer and papal science adviser Gabriel Funes explained in a recent article in L'Osservatore Romano, the newsletter of the Vatican Observatory (translated here). His conclusion might surprise nonbelievers. After all, isn't this the same church that imprisoned Galileo for saying that the Earth revolves around the sun?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Personally, i find it funny that the catholic church would make such a bold statement when these people are and always have been afraid of their own shadows! Can you believe that the catholic church would be so bold and so accepting? I find it hard to believe. How about you guys?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by iwant2believe1992

Yes I can certainly believe it. Fresh souls to convert, and all of that jazz
Doesn't hurt, to court more warm bodies whether or not they exist! They've exhausted their surplus here.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

Can you imagine? Catholic aliens. Maybe Jehovah's Witness aliens? aaaaargh!

I am glad that the Catholic Church is more accepting to evolution and ufo phenomenon and aliens. I sure hope the rest of the religion world will follow suit soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

anyone watch south Park?
Starvin Mavin episode where they go to another planet
and they have the missionaries follow them to try and convert the aliens

reminds me of that

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I was thinking more of Alien altar boys ....biting nails.....
Run Aliens RUN!

But seriously, yes, it's very open and avant garde of them, I am amazed.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Perhaps yet another baby step towards disclosure coming up in the near future?

The fact that the church even decided to say 'it's ok to believe in aliens' even shocked me. We'll have to see.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Catholics are more open minded and accepting on certain topics and this is definitely one of them . I can't really picture any Baptists or Pentecostals calling the extraterrestrials their brothers.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
And a Catholic monk started the big bang theory with some
thermo entropy pusher taking his hand when generation and continuing
existence is the norm.

The Big Bang Never Happened By Eric J. Lerner (Google books read it online)

Search the book for Lemaitre.

ED: 50 years ago when Roswell raised its ugly head and Alien existence
became a topic the Pope decreed that Jesus only saved the people of Earth
and I suppose we now can squish any existing Alien with out regret.

Bring it on government ET UFO Free Energy liars.

[edit on 9/16/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Well, it might be hard to say, either the Pope is working something behind his back, or the Catholic Church is doing something right, and smart.

Either:

1. They have inside knowledge and are preparing us for the crumbing of the barrier between us two.

2. They accept that ETs exist and are willing to accept them and take them under their wing to help humanity?

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_seeker3
Well, it might be hard to say, either the Pope is working something behind his back, or the Catholic Church is doing something right, and smart.

Either:

1. They have inside knowledge and are preparing us for the crumbing of the barrier between us two.

2. They accept that ETs exist and are willing to accept them and take them under their wing to help humanity?

this mirrors what i was going to say.

a highly conservative institution are for some reason taking a bold and unprecedented step amoungst the worlds main religions ,to accept aliens.

they must as you say have some form of knowledge most dont ,or have an alternative agenda based upon public relations or its part of a reform program to be more modern.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I smell a large fish.

The Catholics have never been open minded about anything, and there's just too much information coming out of the Vatican lately about aliens.
Could it be they are willing participants in the supposed mass landing (phoney) that is supposed to scare the bejesus out of us and into the NWO?

There's a reason behind all this talk.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Catholic Church might know the Alien topic is a state lie technique
but has some spokes person (Jesuit) to answer on a question of reasonable
belief and not a matter of faith.

Who hears of common topics discussion when its all about Jesus.

A sermon with a mention of Dick Tracy must have been for children
services.

ED: dgtempe, check out UFO Town Meeting:
www.blogtalkradio.com...

Date / Time: 9/5/2008 12:00 PM
The UFO Town Meeting!

ET Alien pusher being called a government agent.

[edit on 9/16/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
...the title from ABC is:

"Christian Theologians Prepare for Extraterrestrial Life"

Another excerpt:

"The main question is, 'Would religion survive this contact?'" said NASA chief historian Steven J. Dick, author of The Biological Universe. "Religion hasn't gone away after Copernican theory, after Darwin. They've found ways to adapt, and they'll find a way if this happens, too," Dick says.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I smell a large fish.

The Catholics have never been open minded about anything, and there's just too much information coming out of the Vatican lately about aliens.
Could it be they are willing participants in the supposed mass landing (phoney) that is supposed to scare the bejesus out of us and into the NWO?

There's a reason behind all this talk.

i belive they have been manipulated into beeing participants in project bluebeam which requires the co ordinated will of the worlds major religions.

i hope they realise this , they will be serving what can only be described as the devil ,godless, souless pallor sticken beings who are the epitomy of ungodliness,manipulation and evolution gone wrong.

apparently "they" are going to be creating a fake a antichrist,there really is no need for a fake one when we have them as the perfect example of one.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
also you may want to deduce what event comes after the appearance of the anti christ.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I will believe it when the Catholic Church releases the secret archives which they have kept hidden for thousands of years.

That is where you will find the real answers. UNtil such time they are just playing another role in the distribution of confusion and fear for many during these changing times.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure why this surprises everyone: the Catholic Church has never had a problem absorbing new civilizations before. While the rest of the world was busy forming theories about "noble savages" and other nonsense, they got right into sending missionaries to the Americas.

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This isn't the first time someone from the Vatican has said this. If you read as many stories Ufology has given us over the years you'll see the Vatican comes up all of the time, on both sides. Not to mention people like Father Bladucci who are openly part of the ufology "crowd". This isn't the first time their senior astronomer has said this either. As most of us have seen if you really honestly look at the UFO subject, there is enough "evidence" for any truly honest person to take an unbiased scientific look at the subject...but for some reason people just don't "buy it" and here we are hearing the same old news with the same old reactions...

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
We really seem to be in a Matrix where someone is manipulating all, i dont know about you all, but i feel like nothing is real. Imagine if "they" set up an ANTICHRIST, THEY, meaning some world power, this would mean to me that something other than a Supreme being is controlling our lives, not the devil himself, not God, but mankind itself is doing it.
The talk about the mass landing, again, manmade, just about everything, including the weather, is said to be driven by mankind now.
Did we overthrow God???
Is there one?
Are WE the power???

I dont know if i can absorb all that. I do beleive God is inside each one of us and everywhere, but if we are Godly, why are we doing all this to humanity?

Ah, dont pay any attention to me. Just thinking and typing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join