It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama The Sexist: You Can Put Lipstick On A Pig

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

Why is this any different then when ever you say anything about Obama you are a racest!?Obama people don't seem to like it when the shoe is on the other foot.You people ate up the socalled Palin sex tapes that were supposed to be brought out by the Enquire.Now Obama made a Biden style gaffe and you cant stand it.
Only Obama knows what he really met and no matter what it was he blew it and I'm sure he knows it.Defend him best you can but know that his numbers are going down its only going to get worse.Wait tell Biden gets his mouth going.
This whole election is going to be proof of what this country has come to,this is going to be so bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by eldub

Since you are new here, we don't do one liner posts and we don't post things that don't hopefully add to the discussion. Read up before you post more if you intend on doing such things.

Edit: Well that didn't take long. Somebody is watching over us.

LOL

[edit on 10-9-2008 by pavil]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Again, if he wanted to prove something, why would he use it out of context? He wasn't even talking about Palin. He was mentioning McCain and his proposed policies.

If he really wanted to take a jab at Palin, he could have referenced her, and then slid that comment in. After all, if you are correct that he was referencing Palin, he obviously didn't care that people were going to notice. So why go out of his way to hide it in a rant about McCain?

The only connection is between the two is the word "lipstick". He was clearly referencing McCain's policies - he even continued by talking about stinky fish.

Is there something about stinky fish and Palin that I need to know about?

*Edit:

Though I do admit it damages him. You are correct about that. Whether referenced to her or not, he's on the defensive again over something stupid.

After this dies out, maybe everyone can bring up his lack of a lapel again... because that would be realllllll interesting.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
[snip]

The BBC just showed this clip and the way the media have reacted to it,then the showed a clip of McCain saying the same thing last year!

I can see the Pitbull lipstick angle,but you could tell Obama wasnt personaly insulting her and it was just an old expresion

Hopefully your election can focus on real issues and not smearing each other.

If that piss poor pilot who never landed a return trip in his plane wins this with the god freak at his side,god help us all!

Mod edit- removed remark.
Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I have to be honest... I rarely hear race being brought up by anyone but the conservative side. I'm not trying to be partisan, but the last time I remember race being brought up it was over this:

"Obama wouldn't be in this position if he wasn't black".

That's the last thing I remember.

And to Palin:

If Hillary could take it for a year, she can take it for 3 months. Hell, Palin was the one who said that women shouldn't whine when having the heat put on them.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
If he really wanted to take a jab at Palin, he could have referenced her, and then slid that comment in. After all, if you are correct that he was referencing Palin, he obviously didn't care that people were going to notice. So why go out of his way to hide it in a rant about McCain?

The only connection is between the two is the word "lipstick". He was clearly referencing McCain's policies - he even continued by talking about stinky fish.

Hey, he well have just made a poor choice of words, but given the use of the word lipstick lately, he should have stayed clear of that phrase in the first place, agreed?

The audience certainly saw the parallel with Palin's comments, don't be so defensive about it.

As another poster said, he may have meant one thing, but his own audience connected it with the Palin remarks.

Let's move on from this, it's not really going anywhere, we see it differently, which is not so surprising.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

quit picking on women Obama,

It seems like some people who posted here didn't even bother to actually read the OP's article!

Do you know the actual TITLE of the article?

Obama Says McCain Is Offering Fake Change: 'You Can Put Lipstick on a Pig, But It's Still a Pig'

Did you READ any of the article?

"That's not change," Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said of what Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., is offering.

"You know, you can put lipstick on a pig," Obama said, "but it's still a pig."

Sounds to me like he's talking about the "change" McCain is offering.

He continues talking about change.

"We’ve had enough of the same old thing! It’s time to bring about real change to Washington. And that’s the choice you’ve got in this election."

He's talking about the "change" McCain is talking about even though he isn't offering a "change"!

Seems pretty obvious to me if you read the article, or even just the TITLE of the article!

[edit on 9/10/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey, guys, the more we argue about this, the more it gets bumped to the top of the page... I'm just saying. You're not going to make anyone "see the light."

But while I'm here
Let's imagine for a moment that Obama DID mean to call Palin a pig. I don't think he did, but let's say he did.

What is "sexist" about calling someone a pig?

I have a feeling that ANY perceived attack against poor, little, innocent Sarah Palin will be labeled with the "sexist" moniker SIMPLY because she is a woman... What a wonderful advantage, huh? Almost like it was planned that way!

Who's the sexist here? Thinking that calling someone a pig is a sexist thing to do... JUST because she's a woman.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

I don't want to move on with it.

People keep spewing nonsense on this board and getting away with it. I can't spend every hour of my day on here saying, "No that's out of context", "No he didn't even say that", "No, him not wearing a lapel doesn't mean he's a terrorist", etc.

Now I know we are all bored this election because we don't have two idiots running (ie Kerry v Bush 2004), so we don't have any good mud to sling.

But hey, let's look on the bright side. This election provides an opportunity to talk real politics. It gives people a chance to discuss policy instead of the normal crap like this.

It's just unfortunate that, even on a board like this, people still can't stay out of the mud.

[edit on 10-9-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Why are some here saying he didn't mean to call Palin a pig when the whole audience knew that is exactly what he meant?

The biggest question of all is why is Obama running against Palin and not McCain? Palin is the potential Vice President and Obama seems to be zeroing in on her for some reason? Does he feel that threatened by Palin?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Battleline

I have to be honest... I rarely hear race being brought up by anyone but the conservative side. I'm not trying to be partisan, but the last time I remember race being brought up it was over this:

"Obama wouldn't be in this position if he wasn't black".

That's the last thing I remember.

Here's a memory refresher, from that arch conservative Geraldine Ferrero:

“If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any colour) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept.”

Hopefully that jogs your memory.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by pavil

Let's do talk about Change! About Obama has changed his mind on FISA, taxes, and the surge in Iraq.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Funny you say that, because I can't find any mention of Palin in the entire clip. Do you mind providing any proof that he was? Again, the only reason you people are tying this together is because of the word "lipstick".

It's ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Remember when Obama did the same tactic to Hillary, flipping her the bird pretending not to notice and the crowd responding. He does this sort of scripted veiled attack time and time again. There is a history here.

Listen to the crowd when he does the gesture.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

Wow!! Are you serious?

Let's just dumb this thread down even more. The man scratched his face.

Now you're just reminding me of Fox News calling bumping fists a "terrorist fist jab" when Obama did it:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Liberals used to complain about the way Bush talked and his "poor" speaking abilities without prepared text, yet they give Obama a free pass on this.

Did you hear Obama tell GS on ABC w/GS that the administration drove "Iraq off a ditch" ?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Kerry/Bush debate where Kerry mentioned Dick Cheney's lesbian daughter. He didn't say anything negative, he simply mentioned her to further articulate his point.

The next day, the administration is outraged that Kerry would attack the family of the vice-president. Bush condemned Kerry's words, yet during the debate he didn't point out how Kerry shouldn't have said what he said? He didn't demand Kerry apologize? He didn't react in any way whatsoever even as Kerry said what he said, but somehow Bush and the entire Republican Party found it offensive the next day.

So should Kerry have name dropped another lesbian? Would that lesbian have been offended at the simple mention of her name? He mentioned Cheney's daughter because it was current events. His point would make sense to more people.

I don't have time to dig up video as I'm running out the door, but seriously people, it's making a mountain out of a molehill. Take something someone said and SPIN it until it becomes more important than an actual important issue. Like the war. Like health care.

Poor choice of words brought about by poor timing, or skillful choice of words brought about by good timing. Hot word being lipstick. But somehow through the political game of telephone Obama is now sexist?

Talk about huge leaps.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

No it is scripted, the audiennce gets it and Obama couldn't even hold his smile in that last clip I posted. This is all coldly calculated as a strategy.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Watch the audience's reaction. You tell me why they react the way the do. They react disproportionally to the Pig with lipstick comment IMO, laughing too quickly and loudly for them to just relate it too Obama's comment on McCain's policy. To me and others, it's obvious the audience related it someway, somehow to Palin's comments, regardless of if that was Obama's original intent or not.

It was a very poor choice of words by Obama.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join