It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mod Bias In Flagging Threads As HOAX

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Seems as if the mods are letting their political bias make their decisions when flagging threads as HOAX.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whereas all the threads about "Palin's son is actually her grandson", and "Palin wants Alaska to secede from the U.S.", "Palin is a racist", and other like threads are left alone.

Looks like we know who the mods are going to vote for in November, and how they're going to exercise their mod powers to push that agenda.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Shouldn't this be in conspiracy? Anyway perhaps they like to do a little fact checking before labeling a thread a HOAX. The OP is supposed to do the fact checking in the first place so if they could include their sources in the OP it would make everyones job easier. I think...

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The tunnel vision that people display during the election season is just amazing. You honestly think the mods are showing a liberal bias because they flagged your thread as a "potential hoax", even though that story has been reported as being false in multiple media outlets?

www.oliverwillis.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

talkingpointsmemo.com...

What about the mountain of Obama threads out there that haven't been tagged? Do you not have a problem with those or is he in fact the anti-christ?

It is a two way street and there is so much nonsense coming from both sides. The election has really lowered the quality of the posts on ATS if you ask me.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
And reported as factual in the Denver Post.

blogs.denverpost.com...

Just seems there's a little bit of bias to keep smear stories against the Republicans alive with only rumor and innuendo to back them up, while killing real stories against the Democrats.

You decide.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Deja Vu all over again its just amazing how outraged posters get when their threads get banned.

But then again I wish more of this political threads were no even even allow to be posted at all.

The political propaganda coming from both side of the political campaign is just getting out of hand in ATS, this site has been used to promote party lines, some threads are worth of debate but many others are nothing but trash.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
And reported as factual in the Denver Post.
blogs.denverpost.com...

That is not the Denver Post. It's a blog, hosted by the Denver Post.

If it is worthy news, why is it not in the Denver Post Political Section?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
The tunnel vision that people display during the election season is just amazing. You honestly think the mods are showing a liberal bias because they flagged your thread as a "potential hoax", even though that story has been reported as being false in multiple media outlets?

www.oliverwillis.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

talkingpointsmemo.com...

Karl:

I like most of your posts, but are you really serious suggesting these are legitimate media sources? Oliver Willis, who has a "I endorse Barack Obama" banner on his page, The Huffington Post which is obviously a Democratic mouth piece, and talking points memo where just about every story is a Republican smear piece..

[edit on 9-9-2008 by LLoyd45]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
ATS Moderators do not apply the [hoax] tags.

It is done only by ATS Admin.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

You do realize that is a Blog you are using as source material don't you?

The opinion of an individual.

Semper

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

All I am saying is that it has been reported in multiple locations and I think it justifies having a [POTENTIAL Hoax] tag. Key word being potential.

The crux of my point was the fact that both sides have about a million threads that should be called a hoax. Not placing any sort of special significance on this one.

I am making a broad, sweeping statement on the politics of the forum.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

That story IS a hoax.

The others you mentioned... We truly don't know the truth. When and if we see the DNA results of the child, then we'll know. The other 2 you mentioned are hard to prove one way or the other as they are basically suspicions that cannot be proven (unless Palin herself acknowledges that she DOES want AK to secede or that she IS racist OR something is found to support those theories. - Otherwise, she could be lying)

But the flag story has been PROVEN a hoax. The others haven't.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Looks like we know who the mods are going to vote for in November, and how they're going to exercise their mod powers to push that agenda.

Given that theres over 50 of us, and we're from all over the world, and a large chunk of us cannot even vote in the US Elections - and those who are eligible come from all different political persuasions - I'd just like to take this opportunity to tell you that your assumption here is a complete and utter load of rubbish.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
... but are you really serious suggesting these are legitimate media sources?

The source of the story is not a legitimate media source either.

All mentions of the story, in news/media sources that are not blogs, are supporting the notion that the original piece is at best, a gross exaggeration for political gain -- but more likely a completely fabricated story with no basis in fact.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by CO Vet

That story IS a hoax.

The others you mentioned... We truly don't know the truth. When and if we see the DNA results of the child, then we'll know. The other 2 you mentioned are hard to prove one way or the other as they are basically suspicions that cannot be proven (unless Palin herself acknowledges that she DOES want AK to secede or that she IS racist OR something is found to support those theories. - Otherwise, she could be lying)

But the flag story has been PROVEN a hoax. The others haven't.

How's it been proven a hoax? By a bunch of Soros mouthpieces "reporting" on THEIR blogs the quote from a DNCC mouthpiece? Funny how the libs back up THEIR position with blogs, but then try to put down the other side because it's reported in a blog. Guess it goes to prove the bias in the administration of this forum even further.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Funny how the libs back up THEIR position with blogs, but then try to put down the other side because it's reported in a blog.

Do you classify this CBS News story as a blog?

And furthermore, why would the potential mistake of a clean-up crew reflect on a Presidential candidate?

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I looked at the thread in question with the hoax tag... I looked at the fox news link backing up the story about the discarded flags... Even though it is not the type of story I am normally interested in reading or commenting about I did.

For some reason a hoax tag was applied by Skeptic Overlord of all people..

I mean, whats the hoax? That either candidate is worth a damn?

If you ask me (and I know you didn't but I'm gonna tell ya anyways) the hoax tag was unjustly applied.

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Edit: I should just keep my mouth shut sometimes! LOL The CBS story convinces me that this is a hoax.

CO Vet: As far as the labeling, it certainly is a potential hoax and maybe ATS is trying to straighten up that forum... (?) But I think you'd be best to accept their judgment and move on. We're not always going to agree with the judgment of the staff. But sometimes ya just gotta say, "Oh, well."

[edit on 9-9-2008 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Guess it goes to prove the bias in the administration of this forum even further.

HI.

I think you need to look at the avatars here CO VET.

BH isn't staff at all.

[edit on 9/0908/08 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 9 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mister.old.school
Do you classify this CBS News story as a blog?

And furthermore, why would the potential mistake of a clean-up crew reflect on a Presidential candidate?

Yes.

Home » Blogs » Politics » Political Animal

So, you're saying the DNCC had no interest in their property during the clean-up?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join