It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Save 12K US Flags Dems [POTENTIAL HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Didn't the Dems claim that they were going to run a green convention? Wonder if they even looked into donating these to a veteran's group?

Republican Recycling

This morning, Republicans tell me that a worker at Invesco Field in Denver saved thousands of unused flags from the Democratic National Convention that were headed for the garbage. Guerrilla campaigning. They will use these flags at their own event today in Colorado Springs with John McCain and Sarah Palin.

EDIT: Adding link to story on Fox News website.

McCain Camp to Chastise Dems for Discarding American Flags

[edit on 9/6/08 by CO Vet]

Hoax tag applied as the accuracy of this story has been shown to be lacking.

[edit on 8-9-2008 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CO Vet

A worker at Invesco? Im not even going to try this out.... Its too easy.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Invesco Field is where Barry had his outdoor Greek drama the closing of the Dem convention.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I really hope that this isn't true, but wouldn't doubt it if it is.

That is so incredibly wasteful ... and throwing away American flags? That is downright disrespectful!!

Wait a minute ... is simply throwing flags away proper protical? I thought there were very specific ways of getting rid of flags ... does that include taking them to the dump?

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

The story is true. As I type this, I'm watching Fox and they are showing them being distributed among the crowd in Colorado Springs.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I know people are going to jump in and say, "can't we talk about REAL issues" like this story is just more political baiting and smearing.

But to many, especially those of us whose family members served in the armed forces, this IS a real issue.

It's the equivalent of the whole issue of how offensive it is to use the "N-word."

People can argue that well... it's just a word, get over it. But it's more than a word. It's a symbol of institutional and accepted hatred.

Well, to many people the American Flag is a symbol of love, pride, and sacrifice. Many families have mothers and fathers that never returned home, and the flag symbolizes the values and beliefs for which their loved ones made the ultimate sacrifice.

So to disrespect the flag, and then blow it off as no big deal, is only adding insult to injury.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is ridiculous if true or not. Who would throw away unused flags? Surely someone would have realized the ebay potential of flags used at the DNC where Obama made his historic speech. Granted they were (allegedly) not used but they WERE there. Easy $10 a piece. This is why I am not buying the story for now.

ka-ching!

Edit: Is it really 12,000? That is mind boggling. How can this be????

I demand sources.

[edit on 9/6/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CO Vet
reply to post by bknapple32

Invesco Field is where Barry had his outdoor Greek drama the closing of the Dem convention.

Yes we all know this. There were probably hundreds of workers at Ivesco. As well as there being hundreds of flags that could be bought anywhere.
Just cause flags are being distributed doesnt make it true.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
Wait a minute ... is simply throwing flags away proper protical? I thought there were very specific ways of getting rid of flags ... does that include taking them to the dump?

Jemison

Nope, they are supposed to be burned but I guess that would release too much CO2. Were they biodegradable?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

The story is true. As I type this, I'm watching Fox and they are showing them being distributed among the crowd in Colorado Springs.

GOOD!!! I had just sent the article to a few of my friends and was IM'ing with them and we all agreed that this should be getting national news coverage.

This type of 'waste' is not 'change'.

Throwing away American flags IS 'change' ... but I sure hope that Americans agree that it is NOT the kind of change the United States wants OR needs.

This situation is 'wrong' on so many levels it's hard for me to even comprehend how something like this could happen.

Very disturbing to say the least.

Jemison

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Jemison]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Huh??

Double post, not sure how that happened but I'm sorry.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by Jemison]

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Can we wait till the dems say something about this before condemning them? This is all based off the word of a random invesco worker.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is just another glaring example of how the demon-crats talk a good talk about change and love of country but fortunately actions do speak loader than words. Who can honestly say they are surprised by this. After all, this the party of flag burners!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Jemison, good?? Really?? I would say disappointing. Unless you were just trying to find stories to hurt the other side. If you truly believe that this waste of flags is sad, then good would be the last word I would use to describe this. How bout, shocking... horrible... depressing... disappointing...

Good? Cause it was dems?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
My husband said that he did see the story on Fox but that they haven't yet been able to confirm independantly that the flags came from the DNC.

So for right now, I will try to remain open minded about where these flags came from ... but that's a hard thing to do. I mean, c'mon ... what are the chances that these flags came from anywhere other than the DNC? Who would order that many flags?

Grrrrrrr.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
My husband said that he did see the story on Fox but that they haven't yet been able to confirm independantly that the flags came from the DNC.

So for right now, I will try to remain open minded about where these flags came from ... but that's a hard thing to do. I mean, c'mon ... what are the chances that these flags came from anywhere other than the DNC? Who would order that many flags?

Grrrrrrr.

Jemison

Grrrrrr? See you just want anything to use against the dems. Even hoping the tarnishing of US flags is the dems fault. What about hoping that its not true cause its highly unpatriotic.

Who would order that many flags? Um lots of reasons to order... Rally's that include president elects?

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Should we have waited for Hitler to say something about the concentration camps before judging him? Sometime, you just know somethings wrong and it's not so easy to make up for this...a politician making some BS statement to try and make up for the blatant disrespect and disregard for our countries sacred colors. Is there any better way of showing the people that it's all just an act, after his big speeches and all of the "patriotism" for the lights and cameras, him and his supporters throw the flags away. Obama's campaign makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Jemison, good?? Really?? I would say disappointing.

I'm sorry that I didn't quote the reason why I was saying 'good'.

"GOOD" was my reaction to the poster above mentioning that Fox news had covered the story. I was very glad that the story wasn't just an article online and that it was getting national press.

I'll try to go back and edit my response so that it's clear.

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To everybody using this story as an excuse to label Dems as bad, please consider this:

1. We don't know the details of what happened.
2. Even if it was planned by Dems, it doesn't mean ALL Dems planned it.
3. Even if the Dems that planned it didn't consider the consequences, it doesn't mean they hate America.

As John McCain said, we are all Americans first, and we have more in common than not.

By using this story to condemn "Dems" overall, you are doing a disservice to millions of Dems who also would be upset by throwing the flags away.

Remember, right now in Iraq and Afghanistan, Dems and Republicans are fighting side by side, shedding blood and tears for all of us.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

Gotcha jamison. I understand now. I'm sorry.

As for the other poster above you. Hitler? Good lord. Im saying wait to see if the story is EVEN TRUE. Far cry from Hitler's concentration camps.

Again people, this is from a ''worker at invesco''

Deny ignorance, please.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join