It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden suggests War Crimes Trial for Bush Admin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Biden suggests War Crimes Trial for Bush Admin

www.presstv.com

The US vice presidential candidate, Joseph Biden, has suggested Bush administration should be tried over Guantanamo if Senator Obama wins.

“If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued, not out of vengeance, not out of retribution, out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president - no one is above the law,” Biden told a crowd in Deerfield Beach, Florida.

Obama himself expressed interest in such a move last April while addressing voters he said that he would have his attorney general go over decisions made by the Bush Administration to determine which ones were “genuine crimes” and which were “really bad policies”, the British newspaper Daily Telegraph reported.

According to the daily, the remark is the strongest indication yet that an Obama administration might seek legal redress against President George W. Bush and could undermine Mr Obama's message of bipartisanship and moving beyond the battles over Iraq.

Nearly 255 prisoners from different nationalities suspected of terrorist activities are still in US custody in Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

The US media report on daily basis that the Guantanamo prisoners are mistreated by the American prison guards and interrogators.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Wow, this could actually convince me that the democratic party is not as corrupt and warmongering as i thought it to be after the stereotypical israel-supporting remarks.

Bringing the war criminals to justice is the necessary first step in reforming the criminal american establishment.

www.presstv.com

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli

Wow, this could actually convince me that the democratic party is not as corrupt and warmongering as i thought it to be after the stereotypical israel-supporting remarks.

Bringing the war criminals to justice is the necessary first step in reforming the criminal american establishment.

www.presstv.com

I know they will...

THEY will make an example of the BUSH family for generations of presidents to come.

THE DEMS want BUSH's head on a stake and Cheny's ass in the chair.
EVEN on the local "community organizer" level of the DNC this is talked of.
I know a mid state level DNC who has confirmed this...

It seem is accurate from what I have heard

MAYBE the DEMS could win the race if they made this a part of their platform.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Exactly. Nobody will trust a "change" candidate who is mischievous on one of the central issues.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We have to demand a stop to the pro war addiction we seem to be afflicted with. Other countries are hostile to us because they feel threatened by our influence that is often coerced with military might. Our focus should be on democracy at home before we start demanding other countries do the same. I don't see how this is a problem for any American. We are too smart to have to rely on war all the time.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
This is just lip service to win more votes.

It is a joke to think anything will actually be done if they get elected.

The candidate that would have changed anything drastic enough to make a difference was Mr. Paul.

Dems and Repubs are two sides of the same coin.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
you guys are idiots. you can't charge a politician with war crimes in this country, they have immunity. Congressmen can't even be arrested while they're in session; and OUR president was acting on OUR behalf. George Bush the person cannot be held accountable for what George Bush the president has done. Biden and obama are feeding you idiots this crap for votes. They know good and well that they can't touch him. But apparently you do not. It's uniformed idiot voters like you that they want to elect them. I think that its cute that you like being lied to, but it doesn't surprise me; Clinton lied for years and you loved it, why should it be any different now?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So he's only interested in doing it "if" Obama wins? So he believes they could be tried for War Crimes, but he's only willing to do it "if" Obama wins?

Why in the hell is he not pushing for it RIGHT NOW!? This leads me to believe it's just lip service to get more votes from Bush haters. Not surprising.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I love how people act like Bush is this evil racist who just want to jail brown people. When in reality hes trying to keep the country safe by locking up these Taliban and related terrorists and has done a pretty good job of it. Thats why this will never happen.

I'd never support such action against him, I know that.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
If President Bush is convicted for war crime. It would cause future President from responding to future attacks on U.S shores and attacks on her allies. And it will show enemies of the U.S as being weak and they will take advantage of it. They will cause the end of free will, free speech and freedom in the U.S. She will not go to the aid of her allies and that would cause them to look for someone to aid them. When the time comes for the U.S to asks for help. No one will come to help her. In her time of need.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Common people please I know the first words out of their mouths ...Plausible Deni ability.

How is it plausible you ask , well Bush is to stupid to have thought of this on his own.

I mean really have you heard his speeches he makes up words as he goes along that is the precursor for the evidence proving he was to ignorant to come up with all this himself.

[edit on 10/1/08 by Beelzabub]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ionized

Exactly.

They are pandering for votes. Nothing will happen to this administration because future administrations won't do a thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If the matter were one of 'justice' and 'moral' considerations, there would be no 'timing' of the so-called investigation.

Crimes are crimes and the notion that pursuing criminals can only happen under certain 'circumstances' is clearly a sign that this is political 'head-speak'.

War crimes are not parking infractions, or extra-marital affairs. They are crimes against humanity; wouldn't you think that crimes of that order and magnitude should have ANYTHING to do with which politicians are in power?

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Ionized

Exactly.

They are pandering for votes. Nothing will happen to this administration because future administrations won't do a thing.

And the reason future administrations won't lift a finger to prosecute this administration is simple. If you can get prosecuted for making the tough decisions when you are in power, what's to stop the Republican's from going after Obama when his one term is over (in the unfortuate event that he wins). Can you not all see that your drive for revenge would only lead to government paralysis (worse than now) because our elected leaders would become afraid to make any decisions that could open them to prosecution later. And since all decisions have people for and against, there would always be someone who disagreed ready to file the next set of charges.

top topics

join