It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What awakened you?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the appropriate forum for this thread but I thought I'd ask here. What got you to be awake to the reality of the New World Order?

For me it was the novel 1984. When I first read it I never imagined how much of a lie I was living. I thought everything was okay. I was thinking "if this novel is so great how much will it change my life just by reading it?" I never really understood how much my life would be changed just by reading the novel and how scary politics was and how politics was like just a power-play that kept us (the serfs) under control.

What did it for you?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
A riveting movie called Loose Change 2nd edition 6 months ago, then zeitgeist 2 months ago and now I regularly listen to alex jones.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What makes you think I have been awoken?

[edit on 31-8-2008 by truthseekerpeacemaker]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Dan Ackroyd unplugged on ufo's

Always believed in life on other planets but this movie sent me down the rabbit hole and i ended up having a face to face with the little guys and my life has been drasticly changed forever.

Rent it, pretty cool documentary.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
After 9/11, when all the late night and other daily/nightly tv shows were coming back on, and they were all talking about how everyone was going to be so sensitive and so kind following such a horrible event, while around the same time the networks were playing movies like Independence Day and other shows/movies/ads that really just exploited our feelings.

It didn't hit me immediately, but all the negativities in a time when we were told everything was going to be just peachy (as far as entertainment goes) just started to add up.

It's like... liars are liars, and if they're lying, they're lying.
I get mad thinking about how simple it seems vs how difficult the 'debunkers' try to make it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
9/11 and the lies from the government afterwards.

Sci-fi movies has nothing to do with it. The NWO situation is very real.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I think 9/11 made me really question why I believe in any government, which then led on to investigating global politics.
Now I get frustrated with people who cannot see what is so clearly happening around them?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
For me it was the War on (some people who use some) Drugs. I saw the costs (over 40 billion a year is spent on dealing with M (a weed)), the ravages (people treated as criminals for altering their consciousness, families ripped apart, etc.), the shifts in the "American Way" (cops going from "friendly neighborhood" to "pigs," a steep increase in police raids, spying on citizens, the death of the Fourth Amendment via property seizure based on accusation alone - all "justified" by the "evils" of some drugs) and the lies...

Ah, yes, the lies.

I knew from research that M was particularly benign, even beneficial, and yet I saw well-funded BS coming out as Public "Service" Announcements and I asked...WHY? The more I thought about it, the more I came to realize that there was a faction with an interest.

There had to be a goal, and the media were not helping matters, so at some level, they were involved, as well. No reports of M and its benefits were widely offered. No in-depth examination of what we were doing to ourselves with these draconian laws that did NOT stem the drug flow... Lots of "party line" attitude, though.

Rereading 1984 (as you mentioned) just clarified the whole for me. I reread it often these days, and it is amazing how we are being led daily closer to that "ideal."

Yes, the NWO is indeed very real.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I need to read me that book 1984. Everyone talks about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I was going to start this exact same thread but you beat me to it.

There are several things and people that woke me up.

People:
Oprah Winfrey- because she led me to Eckhart Tolle.
Eckhart Tolle- because he led me to myself.
Greg Braden- He helped me put science in the equation.
Shirley McClaine- started me on this path a long time ago. It just got put on hold for several years.

Books:
The Celestine Prophesy
Translucent Revolution
The Power of Now
The New Earth

Movies:
9/11 Mysteries
What the Bleep do we Know?
Zeitgeist
Esoteric Agenda

Websites:
Patriots question 9/11
ATS!!!!

Radio Peeps:
Randi Rhodes- she rocks...my very favorite
Thom Hartman- love him too!
Ed Shultz

Would love to hear other's stories and some new ideas for things to read, watch and listen to. I will keep a close eye on this thread. Thanks to the OP for starting it.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Since I was young, I always knew something was wrong with the world we lived in. However I went threw my childhood, and into my adult life without really putting forth research. I just had a gut feeling the whole time. Ive always been anti-government, and Ive always known there are strings being played out by a puppet master.

When 9-11 happened, I was awaken to something all together different.
A phase shift of types. When I cried, and felt the true sarrow we all felt about that day I was instantly connected to the hive mind.

Before 9-11 I never did plug into the human hive mind, I tried my best to stay away from that. But once I did, I had to start researching everything!
The more I learned the more I wanted.

Just when I thought I had it figured out, I found out I didnt know that much at all.

We know so much, yet really understand so little.

Most stuff is put out here to throw us off base. The truth is out there.. However most truths are lies, to cover up even deeper conspiracies!
Sites like these log, and help the all seeing eye understand how much we know!
While I wont say the owners of this site are responsible for those actions. There are those who know this site and other sites, conpile information.
And they get that information and see where they stand with us.

Plans can be changed due to how much we know. Plans have already changed to make most of us here look like tin foil hat wearering wackos.

BUt the thing is we all here know something is wrong with the world.
And we are trying to figure out what that something is..

Many people have come close to the answer.. And so have I.. Or so I thought. Then its back to the drawing board.

Enjoy your life, go out with friends, and have fun! LIfe is to short to be to worried about what you can do as a person to change the world.
But the mind set is okay to have.. Its just a little unreal in this time and age.
One man can honestly do nothing to change how it is.
One man and his idea can do alot to change peoples minds about this world. Then we must all step together to see any change.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
For me it was ATS. I came here from an online link searching for information about orgone of all things... lol I then clicked on "recent posts" and found one about 9/11 and Loose Change... that was my rabbit hole. I signed up to be a member the same day, and from there it has all been about awakening and learning as much as possible.

ATS/John Lear lead me to Project Camelot, which awakened me to UFO's. After a few months I had a spiritual crisis because of all the new information I was finding here. I got through that, and from then on I have really become awakened.

I credit or accuse (depending on how much it screws with my head) ATS with bringing me into upper level ideals and philosophy.

Long Live Above Top Secret... Deny Ignorance!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I agree with you. When the PTB think we are starting to figure it out, they change their tactics.

I have always felt like there was more to the world than what we could see too. I just didn't know where to look to find any answers. Thanks to the internet...I have many places to look now. I have a notebook full of websites that I have visited...still looking for more.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I always knew something was wrong. But before i lived in Curacao, a small island in the caribbean, so there wasn't much of that, but when i moved to europe, i just started noticing more and more that something was wrong and i just started searching about stuff and i found out..

And btw truthseekerpeacemaker, your avatar freaks me out big time...

[edit on 31-8-2008 by vasaga]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
For me it started soon after 9/11. I wanted to know how a building collapses that fast, straight down, and from it's own weight. And how it happens twice.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I found out the truth behind media/entertaintment industry. And saw the connections, bondings, and a lot of things that happens in a very hierarchycal structure of power, connections, and manipulation.

So I stumbled upon some books on the subject and it was all too familiar to me, just in a more global way than just one area of society.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf
I need to read me that book 1984. Everyone talks about it.

Indeed you do, sir! [smile]

When I first read it in the 1970's, I just knew nothing like THAT could EVER happen! Then I reread it in the late '90's - and was horrified at what I saw. I do want to clarify the fact that I pieced the NWO together from the War on (some people who use some) Drugs back in the '90's. When 9/11 hit... I knew it was an inside job.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
i'd always felt something was amiss, but 9/11 really did it for me.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Excellent post, I resonate with it fully. I especially like the point you made that said many truths out there are lies to cover up deeper truths. Another tactic they use is to put the truth right in front of you face so that you must pass it off as fiction.

I also never felt government was right from the time I started to ponder it. I always knew the election process was fake. In college I did a speech titled "The Stupidity of America" where I talked about the War on Drugs, the process to elect a president, and why kids go to college to get a degree. 1 year after that speech, 9/11 happened. Once I did my research on that, I was opened to the global conspiracy.

Having that mentality that you are alone to change the world is not a good one to have but when you look at yourself as being a puzzle piece in the global network that will change the vibration of the planet, the weight on your shoulders suddenly disappears.

[edit on 1-9-2008 by Universal Light]

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Definately 9/11!

I couldnt believe what I was seeing on tv and that If the Gov would try and pull this off then what else could the man behind the curtain be trying to pull.

Before that cant say I didnt belive in aliens or coverups/black ops I just played more of a sceptic.

Now I think after I have seen ufo's and sought out info on alot of these "consperacy" theroys I now think well maybe so anythings posable or probable.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join