It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many active posters are there?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have a heck of a time figuring out how to even start a thread, sometimes....and just so I don't get accused of trolling for points, I think I put this one in Board Business.

Yeah, just looked up, it's in the right place.

So, as I've been perusing the various boards.....the ones I'm interested in, and I do have various interests....my casual observations seem to include....about the same three dozen, maybe four dozen characters! (inlcuding myself, of course!)

One or two new members.....who bother to register....then get flamed!!!

(I actually sent a U2U...not that it's anyone's biz....to a new member, after the flaming that I saw, to try to salvage a bit out of it...)

My point is, when we get a 'blast mail'.....via U2U....it usually says something about being sent to the last 'x' number of members who have logged-in during the 'x' number of days....but we all know who we see the most, when we log on!!!

So, my point is....ATS is huge, but seems to be populated, mostly, by a small 'village' of contributers, for the most part. At least, those who contribute frequently, anyway.

We all need a virtual 'group hug'........

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I think, that most people just log in and read, and just star and flag posts but don't post anything. You can look at the number of people contributing against the number of stars and flags to a particular post.

I mean there is nothing wrong with that, but I wish more people would step up and write something, a larger group turns into a great debate.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Most of the time I find myself interested in topics but when it comes to writing the reply I'm usually lose myself trying to write something more than my ability and I just X out and read everyone elses post

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
How many active posters are there? Just go up to the menu bar, to the far left, click the stats button. It will tell you everything you want to know.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

OK, thanks Fiat....like I said, I still can't 'quote mine' from another's post...in fact, I don't want to.....when I see others do it, my head wants to explode!!

Perhaps that particular feature is, sometimes....uuuuumm....overused???

Board Biz.....let's stick with that....while I'm on about it, why do I have minus points in my 'BTS' score....when, I just recently found 'BTS'....and I don't think I've annoyed anyone there, yet??

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

If you have bought anything in the ATS store it will use combined points, you have to manually select which points you want the store to subtract from...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

What this guy said!

^how was that for a helpful contribution^

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yeah....jhill76....that was my screw up, some months ago....when I bought more U2U CREDITS....MY POINT is....I don't want to go, to BTS, and show a negative....and get blamed for it!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Ask a mod and they can bring it to 0 for you. I think currently right now, only mods, it might be only super mods can do it.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Why do people care so much about points on here?Thats what id like to know?Does it matter if your bts points are negative, you have a crapload of ats points.I mean if anyone hear looks down on other posters for not having many points they must have a sad ass life.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Azador

yes....(sigh)...you make a point....about points....(sigh)....

I know, according to a particular Political Party advisor, here in the States, we're just a bunch of "whiners"

I didn't mean to bring politics into this forum....guess I'm just a whiner, meself....

BUT!! Chipper up!! Just because I was born American, doesn't mean I can't rally to the old....whaddya call it? old 'Heave Ho'!!!!

Hip! Hip! Whatnot!!! Cheerio!!!

To be very honest, we need help. I know, in 1774-1776...we broke away, through battle...but now....there is an election in progress. AND if the wrong people are 'elected'....as has happened in the last two election cycles....well, I best keep my powder dry....this is Board Biz, after all....

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I often find that it is just to time consuming to read ten pages,write something, spellcheck it so you don't get flamed for spelling errors saying you are stupid for not spelling correctly. Plus when a thread is so long, in my opinion it has lost it luster and value. What you want to say has more than likely already been written.

I try my best to participate in the time that I'm allowed. I try to stay away from debates because most people have no clue on how to communicate and they are not listening to your comment only looking for keywords to use to prove they are the smarter. I know I'm well educated and have no need to prove to others that fact.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Sometimes by the time you get to a post and read through it, what you have to say has already been said by one or more people. Basically all you can do at that point is hand out the stars.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
the poster above me already said what i'd have said if the poster above me didn't say it first

p.s. i hope this post proves i'm not inactive

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Why do people care so much about points on here?

I have been here 4 yrs, and still have no points..

I dont understand why people do it, but some think of it as a game i guess and the pts u win.. why I have no idea.. do I care, not really. But it must be fun for them..

But I think pt hogs kill some threads.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You just did not see them. they are below your signature:

ATS Points: 26124
BTS Points: 1214

That is what I copied

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
How many active posters are there?

Three.

The rest are sock puppets.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Hmmm. I can care less about my points, but after some applauses and some quality threads, they just come. I don't have any control over it. But to say, we do it for fun, that's just not true.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FiatLux
Just go up to the menu bar, to the far left, click the stats button. It will tell you everything you want to know.

You know I never looked until you pointed that out

I suppose that answers the OP quite well

Total member accounts: 144,758

Number of members with 1,000 to 5,000 posts: 744
Number of members with 5,000 to 10,000 posts: 75
Number of members with more than 10,000 posts: 37

Only 1810 more to go Post Count: 8,190

WOOHOOO...

Sorry couldn't resist... devil made me do it... I go away now

[edit on 30-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azador
Why do people care so much about points on here?T

Status Symbol

You can use them to buy Hero cookies... Chocolate Chip

No?
Well dagnabbit why not?

Guess your right, why care about points?

[[[sulks away muttering ... no frikkin cookies..... ]]]

Originally posted by Majic
Three.

The rest are sock puppets.

So ummm which are you?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by zorgon]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join