It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control or War With Iran- You choose

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
reply to post by TheHunted

Uh, not to mention the quote from Obama earlier this year where he stated that Iran was "not a significant threat", then changed his stance overnight.

Or are we going to let that one casually slip by?

Context Sos...
OBAMAS FULL QOUTE HERE...

blogs.abcnews.com...

On May 18, in Pendelton, Ore., Obama said that "strong countries and strong presidents talk to their adversaries. That's what Kennedy did with Khrushchev. That's what Reagan did with Gorbachev. That's what Nixon did with Mao. I mean, think about it. Iran, Cuba, Venezuela -- these countries are tiny, compared to the Soviet Union. They don't pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us. And yet, we were willing to talk to the Soviet Union at the time when they were saying, 'We're going to wipe you off the planet.'

[edit on 28-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I can't really answer your question the way it's stated because there are so many other issues to consider. That said, I also cannot see myself voting for either of the two "candidates" that we've been given.

For the past year, I've thought that Bush would attack Iran before he exits the office, leaving yet another mess for someone to clean up. At this point in my life, I go through cycles were I almost become numb to politics as I read and listen to way too much information. Wouldn't it be nice if we had someone to actually vote for instead of voting against the other guy.

But, I do agree that a gun ban would be much easier to fix, than a war with Iran.

Del

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think of it this way... If the Dems come into power, there are more than enough issues to tackle before ever worrying about gun control. If the first thing they do is start playing with gun rights... well, they aren't worth a damn then are they?

Criminals do not follow the law, all criminals who want a gun will have a gun.

Tons and Tons of dope come into the country every day, every criminal who wants a gun will have a gun.

Gun control in DC and Chicago didn't work... errr, anyone know why... OH, CRIMINALS DON"T FOLLOW THE LAW DUMMIES!!

Gun control simply means law abiding citizens are at the mercy of those who who break the law.

But really, with all the REAL problems we have in this nation, if the Dems pick up an immediate gun control bill.. what will most of you think?

I would think... PATHETIC !

THIS IS THE HOPE AND CHANGE!

Guaranteed single term.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Iran doesn't deserve to be invaded. Their citizens are just like us and want the same things we want. They hate the lies being told to them, and there are many like us who just want to end the immature wars and lies.

But if you try to take my gun, I'll start shooting.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Anyone see Bidens acceptence speech? He's was dead when he referred to McCain as Bush. They both have something for war.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I just watched McCain being interviewed on NBC (or whatever channel, sunday morning) and I have to say when I really listen to him speak (not including youtube snippets) he really doesn't sound all that crazy.

He made a strong statement about waterboarding/torture, and how that never should have been sanctioned by the Bush administration, and that sounded very sincere. I am not so sure he is really all that war hungry.

Do you Op really believe he is going to jump into another war? Maybe its just a bunch of spin, maybe he won't.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I just watched McCain being interviewed on NBC (or whatever channel, sunday morning) and I have to say when I really listen to him speak (not including youtube snippets) he really doesn't sound all that crazy.

He made a strong statement about waterboarding/torture, and how that never should have been sanctioned by the Bush administration, and that sounded very sincere. I am not so sure he is really all that war hungry.

Do you Op really believe he is going to jump into another war? Maybe its just a bunch of spin, maybe he won't.

McCain has made his distaste for Iran very clear. Not only has he made jokes about bombing or poisoning Iran, he called them our worst Middle Eastern enemy. Worst? When was the last time Iran as a country attacked America? When was the last time their President called for an attack on any of our troops? Never! The Republicans are their very own worst Middle Eastern enemy!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I forgot to ask... Why MUST the American public be disarmed?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by infolurker
I forgot to ask... Why MUST the American public be disarmed?

Because there is a lot of gun violence. In fact a very very small percentage of the population (about 1%) belonging to a specific demographic committs the majority (over half) of all gun violence in the U.S., but it would not be pc to point that out and/or develop a plan to specifically address that tiny segment of society, so the better route is to disarm the other 99%.

Honest citizens must give up their guns because if the 1% STOLE their guns and used them illegally, then it is obviously the fault of the citizen not the criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join